“Pleasantly surprised!”

Red Roof Inn Orlando West - Ocoee
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ocoee
Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

The room was amazingly big with a nice king-sized bed and small work desk. Could easily fit two king-sized beds in the room. Room was clean and smelled fresh as was the large bathroom. Hotel front desk staff was awesome during check-in and for recommendations for dinner.

Only downside was our floor was half smoking and half non-smoking. Occasionally smoke smell drifted down the hall from the smoking side.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank videodude

Reviewed 5 March 2013

Hadn't stayed at Red Roof in a while, but the location was perfect and the rate was also. We also needed pet friendly accomodations. We were pleasantly surprised - it's quiet, set back off the road, clean and the staff are very helpful and friendly. I've paid a lot more for a lot less, so we'll definitely stay there again soon. Do wish they had queen size beds in some of the double rooms, but not a big deal.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Steven S
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Very good staff. Hotel amenities were OK. Found it difficult to get the room to a comfortable temperature. Bed was a little uncomfortable. Quite a few fast food outlets and smaller restaurants nearby.

It is very good value for money hotel in an area where you can pay a lot more for a lot less quality.

I guess it comes down to would I stay there again? Most definately.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank NeilGrindal
Reviewed 18 October 2012 via mobile

I have already reviewed this hotel and gave it a good review last time. This time, I was disappointed. My husband and I arrived very tired, in fact the lady at the desk commented on how tired I looked, and she gave us a room next to the stairs on the 2nd floor. When we arrived, the room next to us had their door open with the tv on loud. I should have asked for a different room right then but was too tired. I didn't have a hard time falling asleep but was woken up very early by banging doors. The stairway has a loud door and it was constantly being used. I could hear people talking outside my door and our shower was dripping loud. I finally realized what it was and closed the bathroom door which helped but couldn't do anything about the noise outside. I guess you get what you pay for, but tonight I am staying at comfort inn and suites in davenport. I paid less and the room is much nicer and quieter! Worth the 20 minute drive!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank roseofsharongardener
OrlandoOcoeeHotels, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando West - Ocoee, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2012

Dear Ms. Gardener:

We appreciate your constructive feedback and take your concerns seriously. Our maintenance staff has adjusted our stairwell doors so that they close quietly. We have also repaired the dripping shower faucet. In fact, we have taken this opportunity to check all of our shower faucets and make any necessary repairs. We hope that you will give our Inn another try during your next visit to the Orlando area.

Paige Albright

Reviewed 27 September 2012

Janice was extremely hospitable and more than willing to assist us. We found her very polite, helpful, always smiling and very hard working. The Red Roof Inn was the first hotel we encountered in Orlando and to our pleasant surprise, the best since arriving in the US. The room was very comfortable. We will certainly recommend this hotel to our friends.

Room Tip: Good location if you drive. Surrounded by good, value for money restaurants.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2012

On a business trip this summer, I selected Red Roof Inn because of the value. On subsequent trips, I would select Red Roof Inn West in Ocoee, FL because of the service. While all staff was good, Tangie was especially good. The right thing to do is the right thing, but sadly, all service attendants do not have that philosophy...by all means, Tangie has learned well how to give good customer service. Thank you, Tangie, for making my 4 day stay so pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights and had a decent stay. The hotel staff were all very nice and friendly. My room was cleaned and comfortable. The only things I didn't like was that my room key was faulty since it had trouble opening my door and the AC was controlled on the wall and it was confusing to set the temperature. The room got too cold after awhile. But overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay around the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ocoee
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Ocoee
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando-Ocoee East
Edgewater Hotel
Edgewater Hotel
#1 of 5 in Winter Garden
WoodSpring Suites Orlando Clermont
Hampton Inn & Suites Clermont
Fairfield Inn & Suites Clermont

Been to Red Roof Inn Orlando West - Ocoee? Share your experiences!