“A Hidden Gem”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We had a nice dinner with long-time friends. They suggested the restaurant although none of us been there before. What a treat and a pleasant surprise. The restaurant has been open about two years and is located on the corner of a small strip center. It's not very big and we were fortunate to get there around 6 PM on a Saturday night and got the last four-top inside. There were still some seats on the outside.

We thought it would be nice based on the menu board outside and friendliness of the staff. Everyone seemed happy and in sync with the customers. Other than the noise level being a little high all was fine. A very cozy place, nice china pattern and food plated with care and design.

They have a daily Happy Hour (including Saturday's) from 4-7PM with nice discounts including their signature cocktails which were excellent. I tried two myself, a Nectarine Shrub and Moscow Mule, with the Nectarine Shrub the drink of choice. They have a nice menu that goes from basic to high end so anyone should be able to have an exceptional meal at any price point.

The (cream of) Mushroom Brie Soup was superb...soooo good. Two of us had the special, Villa Rustica (10-oz veal steak), at $37.00, and it was excellent. My wife and I split ours as she had an appetizer and we didn't want overeat. The only place that the restaurant missed exceeding our expectations was that they brought out our entrée on one plate. Most restaurants will do the splitting in the kitchen and bring two separate plates with the entre and sides already divided. We don't even mind a small upcharge when the restaurant does this. A small miss and it certainly does not hinder this review nor will it keep us away. In fact, we look forward to returning very soon as this place is THAT GOOD.

We opted out of dessert for this trip, but they have some spectacular items for another trip. Don't miss on this little gem of a restaurant. You WILL be glad you visited.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Great food and great service. They have a nice happy hour with a few appetizers and discounts on glasses of wine, draft beers, and specialty cocktails. My favorites are the burgers. They are always cooked to perfection. I also love there bistro fries with rosemary and maybe truffle oil. I'm not sure what goes on them but they are delicious. I recommend reservations if you plan on going around happy hour. They are also closed on Sundays.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had a rare child-free Friday, so we decided to go to Rus Teak, which is a local restaurant.

The menu is diverse, and every time we go we remark on the quality and flavor (both good) of our food. We tend to order the sandwiches (salmon, burger, chicken). My husband was a little wild last time and got a flat bread, which was also very good.

The drinks are the best. I've had several different martins there and they were all decent. My favorite drink is the Side Car and I'm kind of a snob about it. I was blown out of the water by the Honey Side Car. My husband, usually a wine drinker, tried one and raved about it too.

If you want consistently good flavor and quality with an excellent drink, go to Rus Teak.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The food and service here are very good. It gets very crowded and the wait can be lengthy. The other down side is limited parking space. Those negatives are only there because the place is so good and it's worth putting up with them to have a very good meal at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

The full bar and eclectic menu that changes often make for a well rounded offering. Best part is, the food tastes fantastic, too!