“great place”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Okeechobee
Reviewed 2 October 2012

stopped here in September for 4 nights on our way from the everglades back to orlando. Rooms were as you expect from a holiday inn - clean, coffee maker and toiletries provided.

very impressed with the coffee and freshly baked cookies in the foyer - the smell wafted around and we found we couldn't resist.

Found out our mobiles wouldn't work in US and needed to contact the UK. The receptionist, JOSH, was brilliant - he googled the company we needed, obtained their email address and sent them a message. The next day he contacted us with the reply - This saved us $25 dollars for 5 minutes on a phone call. Nothing was too much trouble for Josh who even supplied us with a discount card for a nearby 'cowboy bar' with great food.

Only slight downside was the size of the pool - not big enough to have a swim in, although the tiny frogs (after a downpour) thought so!!

We don't expect to be in the area again but if we were we would definately use this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aljohnson60
jeannie r, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Its been a while since your last stay. We are holding a room for you, book today and save.
Jeannie Rhoden and staff at HIE Okeechobee

Reviewed 23 September 2012

I stay here for business when working in the area. Jeanne and all the front desk staff are excellent, as is all the staff I have come in contact with. I have been staying there for four years and will continue to go back.

Room Tip: All rooms have microwave and refrigerator. The "Suites" also are a little bigger and have...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

It's been a while since your last stay. Hope to see you again real soon.
Jeannie Rhoden and staff at HIE OKeechobee

Reviewed 19 September 2012

Stayed here before for business in Okeechobee and enjoyed it each time. The place appears very new. Rooms are comfortable and clean. This last stay, they gave me room with a Sleep Number bed which I had never slept on before. It was fun to try the different settings before I found the one I liked.

Jeannie was the front desk clerk when I checked in at 10:00 pm and she had everything ready upon my arrival. She was very helpful. Breakfast was the typical Holiday Inn setup with hot eggs, sausage and such plus they had a pancake machine. More importantly, they had those awesome cinnamon rolls, which I love.

All in all, a very nice place to stay for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Dolphansteve

Okeechobee is growing leaps and bounds.... make a reservation to check us out again...

Reviewed 15 September 2012

Breakfast is amazing! Automatic pancake maker! They could honor Internet price of AAA discount so a little pricey. But stayed an extra night even with other options in the area. Staff is very helpful & brought my pillow to front desk that I left behind.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Ccjgrad

Thank you for your kind words.
Okeechobee has grown a lot since your last stay. Book a reservation with our front desk staff, myself or Sherry would love to see you!

Reviewed 5 September 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express when my a/c was out and I had a very nice stay. the room was comfortable and close to the fron door. they have a nice pool and a great breakfast with the best cinnamon rolls. thank you holiday inn express Okeechobee. I would highly recomend this hotel

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Florida is one HOT state! A/C problems are never fun!
But i bet that cool A/C in your room at Holiday Inn Express felt good!
Hope to see you again very soon, but for a night get away!

Reviewed 5 September 2012

I got a room for my relatives who came to stay from Illinois. They were very happy with the staff and Jeff helped us with how to best see Lake Okeechobee. There is a nice pool and hot tub along with the nice Holiday Inn Breakfast.

Room Tip: Room 226 King Suite Best In The Hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Okeechobee is my hometown and I have traveled most of the USA and I just keep coming back here! We have wonderful people here nad it continues to grow and bring more and more to our little town!
We have not seen you in a while, time to book another reservation!
Myself or Sherry would love to set it up for you!
Jeannie Rhoden and staff at HIE OKeechobee

Reviewed 26 July 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night on a business trip. The Holiday Inn Express featured friendly staff, a nice continental breakfast, comfortable bed and nice room. Price was good too, so the value was definitely there. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

We do our best to meet all HIE standards!
2012 was a long time ago! Book again with us soon... Myself or Sherry would love to make that reservation for you!
Thanks,
Jeannie Rhoden and HIE staff

Also consider these accommodations in or near Okeechobee
2 mi away
Hampton Inn Okeechobee - Lake Okeechobee
Scottish Inns Okeechobee
Scottish Inns Okeechobee
#5 of 11 in Okeechobee
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port St. Lucie-Tradition
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port...
#1 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
#2 of 11 in Okeechobee
Budget Inn Okeechobee
Budget Inn Okeechobee
#10 of 11 in Okeechobee

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!