Suwannee Gables Motel and Marina
US$74
Quality Inn(Chiefland)
US$80
QualityInn
Steinhatchee River Inn(Steinhatchee)(Great Value!)
US$122
High Springs Country Inn(High Springs)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$78
US$155
Royal Inn(Alachua)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Room Service
All reviewssuwannee riverfanning springscanoe tripfootball gameroom was cleaneasy accessfla
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 July 2012

On our way to Appalachicola, FL, we went through Old Town and passed over the Suwannee River. Just over the bridge going west, we passed the Suwannee Gables Motel and saw the chairs and picnic tables overlooking the river. We decided to stop there on our way back to the FL east coast. What a lovely jewel this is. The proprietors were charming and very hospitable, the rooms were large with a microwave and small fridge and big windows face the Suwannee River. The old neon sign out front is reminiscent of a time gone by. Large oak trees with Spanish moss pepper the large expanse of riverfront. Everything was exceptionally clean. This motel, from the 50's, is a time capsule into the past when life was much like the Suwannee river. We will return just to feel the breezes and pause for a moment in our hectic lives.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 65judy5
Reviewed 19 June 2012

This is a very old and dilapidated motel.The are dark with dirty carpeting,shabby bedding, dingy walls and a crummy pink and black tiled bathroom. The pool pool was closed and filled with green slime, The wood walkway down to the river is rickety and need of repair. The grounds ar unkept in the back, This is an unpleasnt place to stay. The rate of $ 95 a night is a joke,

Room Tip: do not stay here ther eare no better rooms all are old and dingy
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Viki B
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I highly recommend staying here! Not only are the owners friendly and welcoming, but the grounds are beautiful. The rooms are quaint and clean, and the lawn in the back is tidy and groomed. There is a great launching ramp and and amazing view of the Suwannee River. The owners also recommend the best local restaurants, including the Brick Grill across the street. Overall, it's a warm, family-friendly place to vacation.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank AshKins_12
Reviewed 26 April 2012

It was getting dark, and I had already ridden about 500 miles this day. I could have continued for another three hours and made it back to my own house, but I decided to turn my bike around, and go back a mile to where I had seen the neon sign for this neat looking motel, that for some reason was calling to me. As I entered the driveway, taking it all in it reminded me of the wonderful times many years ago, when my parents and I would take our spring trip to the Keys, and how some of my favorite parts of those trips were the charming roadside motels that were precursors for the excitement on the rest of the trip. The wonderful vintage sign proudly glowing, and the dimly lit room front stretches of motel room doors. The centrally located entrance area and lobby with the drive in covering. I was welcomed by a most kind lodge keeper, and told I could get a decent meal across the street. Taking his advice, and then returning to my room I had a very good rest in a classic family travel room, two bed, desk and chairs and TV, small refrigerator and a clean functioning bathroom. Vintage perhaps, but comfortable and exactly my expectations. In the morning, I decided to explore the grounds, and found many tropical fruit trees and very pretty exotic plantings. The actual river was so peaceful and calming, with the over hanging oaks and the spanish moss flowing above with the slight wind. The docks were in good shape, and walking on them felt like being off land. Not quite a boat feeling, but you knew you were on water.
There are cabins for families, and of course a boat ramp, and outdoor areas for grilling and yard games. A swimming pool in the front, that looked nice. I do feel this could be a stay for a few days all on it's own for those that enjoy nature and life along a river.
These motels are becoming rare, they were what our parents enjoyed years ago on the family vacation road trip. They are Americana treasures, and this is a very fine example , and should you have the option to experience it, or relive it, you should. The owners are very caring, and love the location, and it is good to get such personal service and friendly hosts.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Wister
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Review:
I am relaying here my first hand experience. The first and immediate impression was of the frontage with its manicured and cared for appearance. It propelled me to check the motel out. The second impression was the owners themselves - Warm, affable, personable and with the attitude, ingrained with unpretentious customer service. Just warm, beautiful people.
I got to see the various room combinations. The rooms themselves were clean, odor free with ample freshness. Peaceful, comfortable and well equipped. Not overly grandeur but definitely cozy and welcoming. Just what one would want when out on a vacation, a tour or a fleeting visit.
Besides, the motel has a sizeable swimming pool that is very well cared for. The real surprise element was the view at the rear of the motel. Completely unexpected! The rear area has a vast lawn where a host of activities can be performed and just beyond the grounds, there is the river Suwannee flowing right by the motel. The view is truly beautiful. The river itself is wide and long and you can see the river bank on the opposite side. Peaceful, green and lush with that calm soothing sound of the river flowing! The motel is also equipped with boating facility. I have been a repeat visitor to this homely motel that has some real treats in store. You want to enjoy and want to be treated right? This is definitely the place. I just love it.

Room Tip: I have lived in more than one type of room and have always had a uniformly, pleasant experience. There are several fully equipped cabins too, closer to the river view that may serve a combination of different groups - couples, families, etc
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo