“You may want to take a pass...”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tampa Northwest - Oldsmar
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Oldsmar
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I normally have good experiences with HI Express. The Oldsmar location however turned out to be a very poor experience. My check in time exceeded 15 minutes. The gentleman working the counter, while nice, was working the counter due to the vacations of other staff. It took approximately 12 minutes to check in the guest in front of me and 8 minutes to check me in.

One extremely disconcerting practice this location has is to take a copy of your credit card and driver's license and keep this paper in their office. Talk about a silly activity in this day and age. Someone steal's the copies and they have my dob and zip code. I can only say a manager is incompetent for this idea.

The rooms were quite dated, furniture had gouges in the wood and the room had that moldy smell forcing me to run the a/c at a colder than desired temperature in order to get the odor level down. Plenty of other choices within ten minutes, I advise you find one.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Cindy D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tampa Northwest - Oldsmar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests; therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

We had a wonderful stay. Staff could not do enough for you. Very clean and quiet. If in town again will be staying here. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Cookies and free paper were a nice perk. It was a pleasure bring able to have breakfast in the morning. It was all the comforts of home

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Donna,

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience with your recent stay at our hotel. Thank you for giving us a five star review and we look forward to you next visit to the Tampa Bay area!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

More than just a check in!!!! We were traveling for a baseball tournament. What a great hotel! Monique took care of us!!! She made our reservations very quickly even though we called last minute. The breakfast was very convenient just as she promised. We did very well at the tournament and we were happy it didn't rain. We will return in the future and hope to see Monique again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear SuperDady,

Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express & Suites for your baseball team. We appreciate you giving us a five star review. I will be sure to share your kind words with Monique. We look forward to seeing you and your team again in the future!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We were part of the wedding group over the weekend. I just wanted to express how the transportation to and from the hotel was well coordinated and very organized. We had to make it to the wedding even earlier than planed. Monique at the front desk made it happen! We arrived to the wedding just in time. We would definitely refer our friends and family!!!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Cindy D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tampa Northwest - Oldsmar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Holiday Inn Express & Suites. I am happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service to the wedding at East Lake Woodlands Country Club last weekend. I will be sure to share your positive comments with Monique. We look forward to your future referrals!

Reviewed 16 November 2013

my room, parts of it were not clean, it was gross. I appreciate the quick maintence, cleaning person to clean it. That person seems to be a great and positive. When I went to the front desk to explain the situation, she did not hear me right, had to say it a few times, I spoke loud enough and clearly, I know at least the first time, she just was not paying attention, as if she was burnt out from her job or just didn't care. There was nothing special outstanding about the front desk staff from my experience. The lamps in the room, were bent, and dirty inside.

The beds were comfortable and the coffee is good, and that is about it. There are other hotels around in this area, and I find them to be better.

Room Tip: I was on third floor rooms away from guest laundry, but I still heard washer, dryer, and ice machine...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. However, we are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations specifically with the cleanliness of the room accommodations received. Although this matter has been addressed in a timely manner, we regret that this experience has negatively impacted your stay with us. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our valued guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

We will definitely utilize your comments to improve our services for future guests. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I was at this hotel and have to say it was on the mark. From the airport pick in a brand new, large
colorful Mercedes van to checkout it was a great experience. Very close to bars and fun places to eat. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The lobby, halls and rooms are in brand new condition.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Bill,

Thank you for saying that our hotel is the best place to go! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Oldsmar area!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Had a great overnight stay. Everything went smoothly from check in to check out. We are platinum members so our room and key cards were prepared when we arrived. This is HI's policy but not always implemented. The room was large and every clean. I also noticed that TV had and exceptional picture. My only complaint is that the breakfast attendant didn't replenish one of the main breakfast items. We had breakfast at 930 AM and breakfast didn't end till 1000. I would not hesitate to return to this hotel. You can't go wrong.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for giving us a five star review! We appreciate your loyalty to the IHG brand. Our front desk staff strives to make all of our IHG Rewards members feel special at check-in. I apologize for our breakfast attendant not replenishing one of the breakfast items. This issue has been addressed with her. We look forward to seeing you and your family again on your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oldsmar
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa Northwest Oldsmar
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Northwest / Oldsmar
Courtyard Tampa Oldsmar
Residence Inn Tampa Oldsmar
Hampton Inn & Suites Tarpon Springs
VISTA Inn on Lake Tarpon
VISTA Inn on Lake Tarpon
#2 of 3 in Palm Harbor

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tampa Northwest - Oldsmar? Share your experiences!