“Bad coffee, rude service, and couldn't use gym”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tampa Northwest - Oldsmar
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Oldsmar
GreenLeadersBronze level
Plano, Texas
“Bad coffee, rude service, and couldn't use gym”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I recently visited family in the Oldsmar area so we needed a hotel near by. They would not allow me to use their gym and their coffee was so watered down they probably used five times the amount of water needed. It was not a hotel I would recommend.

Room Tip: If you're crazy enough to rent a hotel here then at least don't get a room on the 4th floor...
Green Features: I tried to get them not to clean the sheets daily and change everything but they did anyway so i don't think they a very green
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Cindy D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tampa Northwest - Oldsmar, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Kyle,

I am sorry that you would not recommend our hotel based on your recent stay. Our fitness center is open 24 hours, however we do safety policies in place for the protection of our guests. Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult in order to use the fitness center. The Smart Roast coffee is a Holiday Inn Express brand standard. The 100% Colombian coffee is prepackaged and the coffee maker automatically fills just one air pot. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The room was very clean, check was very easy, request for first floor room was changed very easily and the breakfast buffet was great.

Overall the time we spent at the hotel was exceptional.

Thanks to all the staff and Holiday Inn!!!!

Room Tip: We stay in room 108, very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Norman,

Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express & Suites for your holiday weekend. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit to the Tampa Bay area.
Ocala
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Very clean and nice rooms. Excellent customer service. Julie at the front desk was very very helpful. Close to great restaurants and shopping. Good location if visiting Tampa Bay Downs. Only thing we would have changed was maybe pay-per-view option. We got rained out on a planned activity, wanted to order a movie for kids-and it was not an option. Also-no refridge or microwave in the king bedroom.
Other than that- great.
Good continental breakfast with lots of choices and very fresh!

Stayed July 2014
Cindy D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tampa Northwest - Oldsmar, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. As a Holiday Inn Express brand, we do not offer pay per view movies. Many guests are now using their laptops instead of the expensive pay per view movies. Only our suites have a fridge, microwave and sofa sleeper. We look forward to seeing you and your family on your next stay!
London
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Had a number of excellent stays in this perfectly located Holiday Inn Express with great service from a good team of people. Tremendous value for money by comparison to other hotels nearby. Plenty of choice of local restaurants within five minutes walk. Highly recommended. Thanks.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LondonAlan63
Dear Alan,

Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express & Suites for your recent business trip and for giving us a great review. We are happy to hear that you found our hotel to be a good value in comparison to our competitors. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Tampa Bay!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I was looking for a place to stay in or near Palm Harbor and found the Holiday Inn on line. It was easy to book a reservation on line. When I arrived I found the staff extremely pleasant and helpful. Even though the hotel was completely full with families attending local graduations, the staff made me feel very welcome. I liked the fact that the hotel was family-friendly. My room was clean and spacious. My room was quiet. The coffee/tea bar in the lobby was a nice touch, as was the full breakfast in the morning included in my stay. Breakfast was self-service. The breakfast room was crowded, but the lobby offered comfortable seating. There was a small business center off the lobby which I used to check email.
The location is great too! convenient to the Tampa International Airport as well as lots of restaurants.
Since I travel to Palm Harbor several times a year, I am looking forward to my next stay there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Cindy D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tampa Northwest - Oldsmar, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Dr. Deborah,

Thank you for review and for your recommendation. I am glad that our Holiday Inn Express location was convenient to Palm Harbor as well as Tampa International Airport, and that our staff delivered good service to you. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I had requested a quiet room, and my first night, the room was near the elevator and overlooking the open lobby space. Julie at the front desk was so accommodating when I asked to move my room. She had all of my items moved to a quiet area of the hotel and when I came back from my day's work, she had my keys ready to go, just as promised! Great integrity and customer service! The morning breakfast was delightful, and the service staff hustled to keep everything always full. This was very refreshing since many hotels this frequenter stays, that isn't the case.
I will stay here again. Great Sushi find on the street behind the hotel!

Room Tip: away from the elevator
Green Features: even though I adhered to their recommended "hand the towel" to conserve....they replaced all of my used towels, daily:(
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Suzan,

I am so happy that you chose our Holiday Inn Express & Suites with all of the hotel choices in the Tampa Area! I will be sure to share you positive comments with Julie who has been working at the front desk for almost 9 years. I do apologize that you had to move rooms, the front desk should have caught it in the notes prior to your arrival and pre-blocked your room in a quiet area. I would be happy to give you a complimentary upgrade on your next stay with us. Please call me directly to make your reservation.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Just want to say and let folks know that this hotel in Oldsmar, Florida was one of the best I have ever had the pleasure of staying at. My brother and I were there a total of 9 days and each day was great. Monique was at the front desk the evening we checked in. She was very pleasant to work with and took care of all of our cocerns. I feel she went above and beyond because we needed an extra night and they were booked up. I asked if she could notify me if rooms did become available and sure enough she did. How great is that? With all she had going on she remembered us.
I had a problem the last night there, with a family member not anyone on staff, and she and Mars worked with me and I was able to get the situation taken care. Both were very pleasant and most helpful.
I had to call on Robert, who was at the front desk after midnignt and he was just as helpful and pleasant.
I was a military wife for over 15 years and have had my fair share of hotels and the staff. This hotel was by the far the best ever. Rooms were wonferful, breakfast was awesome and the staff was the best ever.
Looking forward to a future stay at a great place.
Pat A

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Pat,

Wow! Thank you for giving us such a stellar hotel review. Monique is truly an asset to our team and really excels at exceeding our guests’ expectations. I am happy to hear that Robert continued the great service during the overnight shift. We are looking forward to your next stay with us!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oldsmar
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa Northwest Oldsmar
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Northwest / Oldsmar
Courtyard Tampa Oldsmar
Residence Inn Tampa Oldsmar
Hampton Inn & Suites Tarpon Springs
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Tarpon Springs

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tampa Northwest - Oldsmar? Share your experiences!