“Extremely comfortable, but sticker shock, expensive for a courtyard”

Courtyard Tampa Oldsmar
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Oldsmar
Tarpon
“Extremely comfortable, but sticker shock, expensive for a courtyard”
Reviewed 27 January 2013

The lobby is comfortable, friendly front desk staff. There is a sitting lounge next to the lobby and there is the restaurant and self service snack area. The coffee is gratis on the lobby floor across from the elevator. The room was spacious, comfortable with the modern features you might expect. The internet connection was hassle free and stable. The breakfast is reasonable for $9.99 buffet style and eggs cooked to order, The only real negative was, on a Monday and Tuesday evening, $209.00 US + taxes for a courtyard.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Oldsmar, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
Randy S,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at Courtyard. I'm glad to hear that your visit with us was enjoyable and comfortable. I'm glad you liked our property too! We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope you'll visit us again.
D'Marie Brennan, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Fl
Reviewed 3 January 2013 via mobile

We truly loved this hotel and will be back soon! We are from the Bay Area and stayed here for a quick quite getaway for New Years and we plan on returning within a month! This is a great spot for a relaxing weekend: walk to GREAT restaurants (City Fish has amazing seafood and Egg Style has the best eggs Benedict I've ever had!), and you can walk to Applebee's for 2 for 1 drinks or Oldsmar Taphouse for great craft beer selection! Movie theater with IMAX and huge fleamarket are 2 min drive. So why Marriott and not the other hotels close by? Well free wired and wireless Internet with great connection and no annoying password, super comfy beds, indoor hot tub, gym, cafe and coffee/tea stand open 24/7, ground floor rooms open up to pool courtyard (aesthetically nice view), and its cheaper than Residence and Hilton and nicer than H.I. express. Don't second guess, just book this place!

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Tampa Oldsmar, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
Radioheed,
We're pleased to receive your kind review, and we're glad you chose to stay with us at Courtyard Oldsmar. It's good to hear that you loved our hotel and plan to return. I appreciate you letting other viewers know of our wonderful hotel as well as our terrific surrounding community with a variety of shops, restaurants, and venues. We enjoyed having you as our guest and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Toronto
Reviewed 26 November 2012

i travel a lot for business, A LOT. Across the globe and get so disappointed when rooms cost a fortune and they are noisy, you get attitude and a sub-par experience. This place is a gem. I stayed here one night, in the quietest, cleanest suite with a balcony -- the staff were friendly, helpful -- it was just a pleasant stay for 125 bucks a night. Really its not that complicated but most hotels cant seem to figure it out. The thing that impressed me most -- there was a ball team staying on my floor and i had no idea as it was so quiet -- granted, it may have been a different story if i didnt have the corner suite -- but as far as it went it was quiet.

Room Tip: Corner suite. the rooms ending in "29" were amazing.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Tampa Oldsmar, responded to this review, 29 November 2012
Kamala69,
Thank you for your kind review. We're delighted to hear from you and learn about your pleasant visit with us. I'm glad you had a comfortable and quiet stay, and I'm pleased to know you enjoyed our wonderful staff. We're glad you found a gem in our hotel and hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us again.
Reviewed 28 September 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice and both times I hated leaving. The employees are very professional,warm,and friendly. They make you feel like you are part of the family. The rooms and room service was excellent. The only thing that needs improvement is the breakfast,it needs eggs,sausages,grits.etc...

• Stayed September 2012
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Tampa Oldsmar, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
Diamond in the Rough 51,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at Courtyard Tampa Oldsmar. We're pleased to have had you as our guest, and happy you enjoyed your stay. I'm glad you liked our staff and found them to be friendly and helpful. It's nice to hear that we try to make you feel like family. I will take your breakfast suggestions into consideration and appreciate you bringing this to my attention. We hope we will see you again very soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I stayed at the Courtyard for one night while visiting my parents. I have stayed at the Hilton, Holiday Inn and this Courtyard a number of times over the past few years and the Courtyard seems to be the best, at often the most expensive. The area has quite a few restaurants and bars within walking distance and more within in few miles drive. It seems to be a safe area and I walked in the morning in the town of Oldsmar. I paid an additional $10 for buffet breakfast and was satisfied with the selection and quality of the food. The staff were all very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Mount Prospect, Illinois
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I cannot say enough good things about the Courtyard Marriott Oldsmar. I was here on business. Felt very comfortable in the area. The staff is very friendly. The housekeeping staff is exceptionally thorough in their work. I can't remember when I have stayed at such a clean hotel -- such attention to detail in all that they do. This hotel seems so up to date in all its maintenance. Front Desk staff is very helpful to navigate the area. They go out of their way to help. Good location with lots of restaurants; close to the water; close to many attractions.

Room Tip: I stayed on a higher floor and had a parking lot view which at first I thought might be an issue, bu...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Yardley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I only spent an evening at this Marriott, but my overall experience was very good. The staff were extremely courteous and helpful. The hotel itself was just so so. The room was very clean, but the AC didn't work well. The bed was comfortable enough. The furniture was a bit shoddy - not in the best condition.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oldsmar
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Northwest / Oldsmar
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa Northwest Oldsmar
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tampa Northwest - Oldsmar
Residence Inn Tampa Oldsmar
Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Tarpon Springs

Been to Courtyard Tampa Oldsmar? Share your experiences!