“Just ok”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Oldsmar
Tampa, Florida
“Just ok”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Being a Marriott platinum rewards member and having stayed at hundreds of Marriott hotels worldwide, I have to say this particular Marriott was just ok. The front desk staff was not very helpful or knowledgeable. We had a block of 20 rooms,we were told we would receive the reward points for all of the rooms. Upon arrival the front desk manager told us that that would not be happening! We would have NEVER have booked here if we knew this previously. I have also never been to a marriott that did not have continental breakfast for platinum members. We spent a lot of money at this hotel and sadly it just wasn't worth it.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Renee G
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Oldsmar, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Renee G,
We value your loyalty as a rewards member and appreciate your honest assessment. Our goal is to provide the best guest experience possible and I apologize that we fell short of meeting your expectations. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to further discuss your stay. We’re committed to your satisfaction and we do hope you’ll give us another opportunity to demonstrate just that. Thank you again.

Kind regards,
D'Marie Brennan, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed 15 March 2014

After staying one night in a substandard motel, we moved to this very comfortable hotel. It was very clean. Nice but a bit pricey breakfast bar...very convenient however. Staff were pleasant and lobby was being remodeled but not terribly torn up. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Oldsmar, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Theresa M,
Thank you for your kind review and feedback from your visit to Courtyard Oldsmar. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we're happy to hear of the comfort and convenience you experienced. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thanks again for writing.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My son's soccer team recently stayed at this Courtyard property. We booked the rooms through the Director of Sales, Stacey. The entire experience was great. Stacey was helpful with the group reservation process. We could walk to dinner. The location is convenient for games at the Ed Radice complex. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Floridatraveler2014
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Oldsmar, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Floridatraveler2014,
We’re happy to have hosted your son’s soccer team at Courtyard Oldsmar, and we’re pleased to know the entire experience was a great one. I look forward to sharing your compliments with Stacey, and will also recognize her with a special commendation for her outstanding service. We look forward to your next visit and thank you again for writing.

D’Marie Brennan, General Manager
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Hotel was very clean and well kept. Pool area nice, but no hot tub. Internet connectivity was horrible. Couldn't connect at all on one day. Also, somewhat trivial but hotel key card kept losing it's memory and had to constantly return to desk to get card reloaded. Breakfast was not included in rates. Good breakfast but was expecting it to come at no charge like most other hotels in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kevin B
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Oldsmar, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Kevin B,
Thank you for writing a review. It's unfortunate to hear of the areas we fell short of meeting your expectations. I am very sorry for the inconveniences imposed during your stay. We hope to provide a more positive stay in the future. Thank you again for writing.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel during a soccer tournament. Hotel is close to Ed Radice Sports Complex. Hotel is attached to a Residence Inn and close to several dining choices. The rooms are very large and clean. Newly redecorated looks brand new. The lobby was nice and the staff was friendly. I do have a few negatives. One, I was not recognized as a Gold Marriott Reward Member. The smell on the elevator is really bad. Someone on the elevator with me described it as a cross between burning plastic and someone getting a perm. We left our room one day at 11am and returned at 3:30, our room had not been cleaned. My other knock is the laundry room. Only one washing machine and one dryer? This is a nightmare during a tournament. Even with the negatives, I enjoyed my stay and would again if in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lmguyton
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Oldsmar, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
lmguyton,
Thank you for writing a review from your stay with us at Courtyard Oldsmar. We appreciate your complimentary feedback on our friendly service and clean rooms, as well as opportunities for improving our guest experience. I sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of meeting your expectations, and I appreciate you bringing these concerns to my attention. I'm pleased to know you enjoyed your stay overall. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

USA
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this property. The modern look and feel of the lobby area was a welcoming area. We were promptly greeted and checked in with no delays or issues. The room is well laid out with a small dry sink area for the coffee maker, ice bucket and a mini fridge below. There is a small counter with the calendar of events and bottled water ($3). The chair and ottoman were comfy for reading. The desk area was large. The bathroom was well done. A favorite there was the seat at the back of the tub. This held shampoos and other bath items we brought. There is a large mirrored closet as well as an regular closet next to the desk. The beds were comfy enough and I liked my pillow. The bed coverings were light weight yet warm enough. The AC was probably the only thing that disturbed us as it was a tad noisy when it came on.

Update on the elevator - The carpet was replaced with tile. Hopefully that resolves the issue that other reviewers have been concerned with. Coming back from dinner Sunday night, there was a note on the elevator that it was out of order. I was promptly greeted by staff to inform me that it would be about 10 minutes before it could be used. I was kindly pointed to both stairwells. As I was on the 4th floor, I opted to wait. I was wandering the lobby and the MOD came up to me and offered her apologies and a cup of coffee or tea from the restaurant. I declined as I had just eaten and Applebees just steps away from the hotel. She then offered me dessert! I greatly appreciated the offers and level of customer service for my inconvenience, yet I declined. When it was safe to go into the elevator again, I was personally notified. Again, I appreciated the great customer service. If we have the opportunity to visit the Oldsmar/Tampa area again, I wouldn't hesitate to book another stay at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Oldsmar, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
DesertDee326,
Thank you for writing a review from your visit to Courtyard Oldsmar. We appreciate your recognition on the excellent customer service delivered by our staff. We're pleased to know you enjoyed a comfortable stay, and we hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for your great review.

chicago
Reviewed 10 January 2014

the remodeling and changes in the food are good. the elevator still smells like gas, which the staff will tell you is the mangroves. the rooms are nicer since the remodeling.

the food is good and very expensive, compared to the other restaurants within walking distance

Room Tip: request a room on 3rd or 4th floor as it will be quieter.