“Nice place to reconnect with your inner self”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ona
Rasayana Cove Ayurvedic Retreat
Ranked #1 of 1 Speciality Lodging in Ona
Tampa, Florida
“Nice place to reconnect with your inner self”
Reviewed 11 September 2012

We all live very busy lives and most of us are like puppets to modern technology that we forget our bonding with nature. There is period in every body's life when they want to unplug themselves from this materialistic world and plug in to nature to nourish their body, mind and health. Rasayana cove offered that world of tranquility to me and I felt so revived, energized and full of life. I had gone to Rasayana Cove for just two nights and could not make myself leave on 3 day as I wanted to just stay there and ended up extending my stay there. Julia and Dinesh were perfect host with vast knowledge of ayurvedic food, interventions and meditation. I will definitely go back every year from now onwards as this place is full of positive energy that your body absorbs right away.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I was nearing the end of my 60 day "Reboot" juice diet ("Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead" video), and knew I had to do something special to transition myself back to eating solid foods. In checking tripadvisor for a future flight, I stumbled across Kandy L's "excellent" review of Rasayana Cove Ayurvedic Retreat and, knowing her personally, I read eagerly and further researched Rasayana Cove's website: www.ayurvedicretreat.com. What I discovered convinced me, this is where I needed to be for my first food in 60 days. I was right!

Julia's knowledge, skills and wisdom were the winning combination for my re-entry to solid foods. The location was heavenly and our accomadations were divine (my sister joined me since she also juiced 60 days). Every morsel I tasted was so delicious and healthy for my "rebooted" digestive tract and the skills I learned from Julia easily transferred to my home kitchen. I am definately returning for a day long, raw food non-cooking class in the near future.

Her Rasayana treatments had my body, mind & Spirit feeling completely connected and in harmony with all that I had accomplished in the last two months. I lost 30 pounds, lowered my cholesterol to such a level my Dr. took me off my eight year prescription and my blood sugars returned to normal. Yes, I had accomplished all this physically, but my Spirit is what lead me to Rasayana Cove Ayurvedic Retreat. As it said on their website...
I would: "Reconnect with my essential Self" and "Restore vital well-being". Most of all, I would meet a woman who more than practices the Ayurvedic way of life. Julia Mader embodies the balance required "for self-help and self-healing", to enrich her own life and the lives of everyone who shows up at her Rasayana Cove Ayurvedic Retreat doorstep. The highest compliment I can give, I will return again and again!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Connecticut and beyond
Reviewed 11 July 2012

We went to Rasayana Cove for our BabyMoon, to relax and get away. We received so much more than we expected. Along with the majestic setting and daily Ayurveda oil massage, we had private Ayurveda health consultations and cooking classes! We are so happy that we choose to come to Rasayana Cove rather than a less therapeutic setting. Look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TaryNVic
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2012

For 16 years I have traveled to Rasayana Cove for a personalized healing retreat...much needed from the busy, demanding life of holistic healing center owner/director/operator. This magical place is for the healer to be healed. From the natural beauty and quietude of the unspoiled Florida landscape, to the nurturing food and massage treatments, to the knowledge and loving care of owners Julia and Dennis, you will discover and uncover yourself more deeply and completely. This builds a balancing foundation for coping with the demands of the "outside" world.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Kandy L
Alaska
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Rasayana is a very special place – a jewel. The Maders are sensitive to every guest’s needs and lifestyle, and do everything they can to make transformation possible. Do not hesitate to go there (unless you are looking for a posh spa with pedicures, swimming pool, facials and unengaged staff).

A month ago I spent a week at Rasayana Cove. I left my hectic professional life in the Northeast for this rural retreat, and, 7 days later, I returned home to the same stress and grinding schedule. However, nothing was the same. My whole being had changed; every cell in my body felt transformed. This level of deep rest and grounding was new to me, and thankfully I find it still persists inside me - guiding me as I embrace new practices of living in health and peace.

For the first 3 days at Rasayana I still had my old insomnia, my fingers were itching for my computer, (R. Cove does have wifi, but I was trying to wean myself off media), and I wondered if the next meal would satisfy. Very soon, I began to let go and relax in a way that I have never before experienced. I have been to retreats before - yoga, meditation, fasting, silence - they have all been wonderful. But, this was on a whole other level of deepening, grounding and feeling nourished. I went there because I was having serious autoimmune symptoms. I did not want to take toxic drugs, yet I wanted to be proactive in helping my body heal.

Julia Mader is one of the few practitioners in the USA who specializes in specific healing herbal oils from the Kerala region of India where Ayurveda was first developed. She has been practicing for over 25 years and is not only fully professional and skilled, but also compassionate and caring. After assessing my physical/emotional body type (dosha), she gracefully led me hour by hour to transformation. My day was loosely structured: delicious fresh Ayurvedic vegetarian meals, herbal oil massages, cooking classes, walks in nature, meditation and ample time to myself.

When he wasn’t working on the lovely grounds, garden and buildings, Dinesh Mader, Julia’s husband, joined us for good company, meals and mediation. Together they make a nurturing balanced team. I have never experienced such deep relaxation. In my “before and after” photographs I visibly look 10 years younger, and I surely felt 10 years younger. When I arrived, my body could only walk 15 minutes, yet in 5 days I was easily walking an hour and a half. I also lost weight without even trying and with no cutting down on my food intake.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank EmilyAlaska
sanford, Florida
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Sunrise wakes you in Rasyana Cove’s twenty-five acre sanctuary as birdsong fills the air. Out on the deck, silent rivers and waterways stream through ancient wildernesses of cypress trees that reach to the sky among mossy grandfather oaks.
For healthy dining, breakfast, lunch and dinner is lovingly served by owners, Ayruvedic trained Denish and Julia Mader who uniquely blend nutritious eastern and western traditions including a daily extended massage treatment.
Come stay a while! You’ll have your choice of cabins, all meticulously maintained and some deliciously rustic, positioned exactly where nature can fold her arms around you. No fast lane here, not even the sound of a single car, only the sound of Old Florida’s ancient voices.
My husband and I were treated to Julia’s homegrown cooked vegetables seasoned with healthy spices plus we were given hourly cooking lessons. Pioneering Husband Denish, who partners in ayruvedic and massage treatments, single handedly built all the ground’s structures over the years. His care and craftsmanship is everywhere in view. After our week, I still search for adequate words that contain the gift called Raysanna Cove.

Room Tip: All rooms lend themselves to silence and landscape beauty.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Marlton, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Recently, I traveled to Rasayana Cove for a much needed getaway...to "unplug" from life. I traveled without my wife and daughter and turned off my cell phone (though it worked if I needed it.) My hosts, a wife and husband partnership, were most pleasant and accomodating with an insight into what my personal needs were. Julia was very helpful on the phone and in email communications prior to my arrival. Dinesh gave a warm and relaxed greeting at the airport to begin my vacation with the right start. I had requested a silent retreat for the first few days of my week long stay. To sleep, meditate, and just be by myself. Although I was a woman alone in a rustic cabin, I felt very safe and secure. Julia provided wonderful vegetarian meals, and they were discreetly left on the porch so as not to disturb me. After a few days of silence I requested a hot oil massage from Dinesh. My muscles were sooo relaxed, it was the best I've felt in a long time. I also learned breathing techniques (pranayama) to incorporate into my daily life to stay centered, at peace and be healthy. My cabin (the Treehouse) was airy and spacious with amenities that made it comfortable to be in nature without "roughing it." Stove, refrigerator, electricity and flush toilet. I spent hours on the covered deck reading, daydreaming or dozing. The natural environment was incredibly peaceful. Walking the grounds, with it's ponds, paths and meadows was truly enjoyable. I was immersed in nature, watching birds, deer, turtles and even a stray cow and her calf. It was an amazing experience. I went home relaxed, peaceful and rejuvenated. It was exactly what I had hoped for and I highly recommend staying at Rasayana Cove to experience a true retreat.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank claudia c

Been to Rasayana Cove Ayurvedic Retreat? Share your experiences!