“Spiritual and healing place !!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ona
Rasayana Cove Ayurvedic Retreat
Ranked #1 of 1 Speciality Lodging in Ona
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Rasayana retreat was a gift for me. I decided to spend my New Years alone in the woods , and it was the best decision that I could have made for myself. Meditation , cooking classes with Julia , best massages with hot oils, intriguing and wise conversations, beautiful woods and scenery , and very good accommodations. Everything about the retreat was incredible and I had a fantastic time there. I can say it was magical healing; it strengthened my courage and renewed vows with my inner peace . I highly recommend it!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We (a middle-aged couple) stayed for a "couples weekend." The Cove is deep in the country, far away from our everyday city/suburban life. This retreat is most assuredly the polar opposite of the theme parks, etc. of the Orlando area. From the personal and warm greeting upon our arrival, until the personal and warm goodbye, we were treated as welcome guests in a private home. Julia and Denish are perfect hosts. Everything is basic, simple, and genuine. Plenty of time to talk, relax, enjoy nature, and enjoy each other's company. The food and massages were excellent and we left on a very soft, mellow note. We look forward to a return visit(s).

Room Tip: If you are visiting with "picking a good room" in mind, you are not going for the right re...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jxtopher
Reviewed 16 November 2013

WOW. My retreat at Rasayana Cove was a GAME-CHANGER. 6 months ago I lost my mother to Cancer and inherited our business. It's been stressful to say the very least. I had felt like I was operating on auto-pilot. In the four days I was blessed to spend at Rasayana Cove I was rejuvenated. It is very difficult to put into words the power of the retreat, but it is a combination of being in nature, meditation, and Julia's fabulous Ayurvedic body-treatments and cooking. Since my retreat I have felt that I am digesting everything in my life easier; from physical food digestion, using the simple techniques she taught me to help balance my specific constitution, to emotional and spiritual digestion of the world around me. While at my retreat, Julia taught me about the Indian tradition called Tarpana, a ritual offering to deceased ancestors. On Saturday I spent the day on the 20 acres, making peace with my mom. Since the retreat I have felt complete peace. I have implemented a meditation practice, and have even FINALLY quit smoking cigarettes. The healing that occurs here is beyond words - I would recommend ANYONE who needs a break from the noisy over-worked every-day hustle and bustle life to take a drive to the end of Solomon Road in Ona Florida and let the quiet magic of Rasyana Cove heal you.

Room Tip: All of the Cabins offer something unique and special - I cant wait to come back.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Stephanie M
Reviewed 19 October 2013

What an amazing experience in such a beautifully secluded nature retreat! I have visited this wonderful ayurvedic retreat before but never with such a specific health concern. I was suffering from extreme GERD symptoms when I arrived and was told by my doctor that PIPs (proton pump inhibitors) would be my only solution. After researching these drugs I decided the side effects, especially the possible rebound reflux, was not worth the risk of taking these meds. I called Julia and discussed the possibility of a residential program of diet, ayurvedic massage and meditative rest that was designed especially for the symptoms I was experiencing. The results were incredible!! Each and every day of the 5 day program I felt better than I had for the past 3 weeks of taking H2 blockers (Zantac, etc.) and antacids. When I started the program I stopped taking all of these drugs "cold turkey" and they haven't been necessary since I have been home. My follow up diet of easy to make veggie and grain dishes has kept me symptom free for several weeks now. I had a follow-up visit with my digestive health physician yesterday and told him about my experience. Although his "training" didn't really allow him to admit the effectiveness of my self treatment choice, he did admit that diet and stress reduction play a big part in management of acid reflux/GERD. The personalized ayurvedic diet, treatment and the beautiful natural environment at Rasayana Cove was the best prescription for my symptoms! I would refer anyone with digestive problems call Julia and discuss a personalized program.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Deborah H
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My best friend and I came to the cove for the first time looking for a relaxing weekend and seeking to learn more about ayurveda. We had an excellent time with Julia and Denish, and learned enough information to begin our journey seeing life from a new perspective. Julia is an excellent cook and taught us a lot about the link between a healthy diet and ayurvedic practices. It was my first time getting a treatment, and I'm not sure I've received a better massage. The surroundings are serene and beautiful, and you get a real back to nature feel. I spotted a bobcat two days in a row!! I hope to bring my mother back with me the next time I visit so she can be enlightened and be enveloped in the relaxing vibe of the cove.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank manda w
Reviewed 25 July 2013

The facilities are comfortable. The property is so beautiful and filled with nature. I loved swimming in the creek and sitting out by the pond watching the fish jump.

I did not attend a formal retreat. I did have a Ayurveda session and Julia was very knowledgeable and helpful. I also enjoy a massage.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lou Anne M
Reviewed 6 July 2013

There’s an Ayurvedic Retreat in the Heartland of central Florida that beckons those in need of restoration and rejuvenation. Rasayana Cove is situated on 25 pristine acres filled with lofty old Live Oaks, swaying pines and frothy Cypress trees keeping a gentle watch along the banks of winding Horse Creek. The ancient creek seems to whisper a soothing welcome, and will keep all your secrets.

There’s a rustic cabin, (The Tree House) with a sunset view that is nonpareil. Within the light and airy space, awaits a heavenly bed, made for lazing about or embracing the serene sleep of a lifetime. The surrounding savannah fairly teems with wildlife, including Wild Turkeys, White-tailed Deer, and the occasional American Alligator. It’s delightful to wake to the hunting cry of a Red-Tailed Hawk and be sent off to dreamland by the ethereal hooting of Great Barred Owls.

Here is to be found solitude of the first magnitude. It is an attractive place, well suited for meditation, bodily rest and spiritual nourishment in the wholesome outpouring of Mother Nature. As a writer and fine art photographer I found inspiration in the abundance of natural landscapes, starry nights and misty mornings.

Rasayana Cove, the life work of Julia and Dinesh Mader, has been known to me since its earliest incarnation. During my occasional visits over the years, I have watched it grow into a world-class destination for healing and nature retreats. In April of this year I embraced my own 12 Day Private Meditation Stay, and availed myself of its many facets. (http://www.ayurvedicretreat.com/private_meditation_retreats.htm)

During this retreat I chose to complete 10 days of the well known Master Cleanse, under the loving and expert supervision and guidance of Julia. Julia offered emotional support, dietary advice and Polarity treatments throughout my stay. I felt watched over but never intruded upon. Julia is a gentle and consummate practitioner of Ayurveda and facilitated my spiritual and emotional wellness in myriad ways. At the end of my fast, Julia provided a delicious home made vegetarian soup that eased my transition back to solid food. She monitored this process carefully and I feel her care and attention to detail helped me make this detoxification process the great success it was.

My daily activities included morning and evening meditation on the western porch of the Tree House (my favorite spot!) Undisturbed by any man made sounds, I was able to truly relax, increase mindfulness and write my thoughts with clarity. During the mid-morning and late afternoons I often walked the scenic trail alongside Horse Creek. On a couple of evenings, I bathed off in the creek, much to the amusement of a nearby Great Blue Heron, who flew off in seeming embarrassment at my antics!

As a fifth-generation Floridian I count Rasayana Cove as an authentic Florida experience. It is rich with flora and fauna, well equipped with comfortable accommodations, inviting in all its environs and hosted by two of the kindest, most talented people anyone could wish for. Julia and Dinesh are experienced practitioners of Ayurveda, meditation and massage. Their warmth, deep compassion and dedication to the health and wellbeing of others are intrinsic to their way of living and providing services to guests.

My stay in April left me refreshed, rejuvenated and deeply grateful for an experience that I would highly recommend to anyone. When you go, say hello to the Otters for me!

Room Tip: There are 4 different areas in which to stay. This review focuses on my favorite, The Tree House at...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Genevia

Been to Rasayana Cove Ayurvedic Retreat? Share your experiences!