“Rest and Restore”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ona
Rasayana Cove Ayurvedic Retreat
Ranked #1 of 1 Speciality Lodging in Ona
“Rest and Restore”
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

My dear friend and I escaped to a lovely overnight retreat.
Julia was wonderful in guiding us through the process and we left feeling completely renewed. I highly recommend this wonderful experience and have given many the information to take a health getaway.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Rasayana retreat was a gift for me. I decided to spend my New Years alone in the woods , and it was the best decision that I could have made for myself. Meditation , cooking classes with Julia , best massages with hot oils, intriguing and wise conversations, beautiful woods and scenery , and very good accommodations. Everything about the retreat was incredible and I had a fantastic time there. I can say it was magical healing; it strengthened my courage and renewed vows with my inner peace . I highly recommend it!!!!

• Stayed December 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We (a middle-aged couple) stayed for a "couples weekend." The Cove is deep in the country, far away from our everyday city/suburban life. This retreat is most assuredly the polar opposite of the theme parks, etc. of the Orlando area. From the personal and warm greeting upon our arrival, until the personal and warm goodbye, we were treated as welcome guests in a private home. Julia and Denish are perfect hosts. Everything is basic, simple, and genuine. Plenty of time to talk, relax, enjoy nature, and enjoy each other's company. The food and massages were excellent and we left on a very soft, mellow note. We look forward to a return visit(s).

Room Tip: If you are visiting with "picking a good room" in mind, you are not going for the right re...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jxtopher
Delray Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed 16 November 2013

WOW. My retreat at Rasayana Cove was a GAME-CHANGER. 6 months ago I lost my mother to Cancer and inherited our business. It's been stressful to say the very least. I had felt like I was operating on auto-pilot. In the four days I was blessed to spend at Rasayana Cove I was rejuvenated. It is very difficult to put into words the power of the retreat, but it is a combination of being in nature, meditation, and Julia's fabulous Ayurvedic body-treatments and cooking. Since my retreat I have felt that I am digesting everything in my life easier; from physical food digestion, using the simple techniques she taught me to help balance my specific constitution, to emotional and spiritual digestion of the world around me. While at my retreat, Julia taught me about the Indian tradition called Tarpana, a ritual offering to deceased ancestors. On Saturday I spent the day on the 20 acres, making peace with my mom. Since the retreat I have felt complete peace. I have implemented a meditation practice, and have even FINALLY quit smoking cigarettes. The healing that occurs here is beyond words - I would recommend ANYONE who needs a break from the noisy over-worked every-day hustle and bustle life to take a drive to the end of Solomon Road in Ona Florida and let the quiet magic of Rasyana Cove heal you.

Room Tip: All of the Cabins offer something unique and special - I cant wait to come back.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Stephanie M
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
Reviewed 19 October 2013

What an amazing experience in such a beautifully secluded nature retreat! I have visited this wonderful ayurvedic retreat before but never with such a specific health concern. I was suffering from extreme GERD symptoms when I arrived and was told by my doctor that PIPs (proton pump inhibitors) would be my only solution. After researching these drugs I decided the side effects, especially the possible rebound reflux, was not worth the risk of taking these meds. I called Julia and discussed the possibility of a residential program of diet, ayurvedic massage and meditative rest that was designed especially for the symptoms I was experiencing. The results were incredible!! Each and every day of the 5 day program I felt better than I had for the past 3 weeks of taking H2 blockers (Zantac, etc.) and antacids. When I started the program I stopped taking all of these drugs "cold turkey" and they haven't been necessary since I have been home. My follow up diet of easy to make veggie and grain dishes has kept me symptom free for several weeks now. I had a follow-up visit with my digestive health physician yesterday and told him about my experience. Although his "training" didn't really allow him to admit the effectiveness of my self treatment choice, he did admit that diet and stress reduction play a big part in management of acid reflux/GERD. The personalized ayurvedic diet, treatment and the beautiful natural environment at Rasayana Cove was the best prescription for my symptoms! I would refer anyone with digestive problems call Julia and discuss a personalized program.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Deborah H
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My best friend and I came to the cove for the first time looking for a relaxing weekend and seeking to learn more about ayurveda. We had an excellent time with Julia and Denish, and learned enough information to begin our journey seeing life from a new perspective. Julia is an excellent cook and taught us a lot about the link between a healthy diet and ayurvedic practices. It was my first time getting a treatment, and I'm not sure I've received a better massage. The surroundings are serene and beautiful, and you get a real back to nature feel. I spotted a bobcat two days in a row!! I hope to bring my mother back with me the next time I visit so she can be enlightened and be enveloped in the relaxing vibe of the cove.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank manda w
Milpitas, California, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2013

The facilities are comfortable. The property is so beautiful and filled with nature. I loved swimming in the creek and sitting out by the pond watching the fish jump.

I did not attend a formal retreat. I did have a Ayurveda session and Julia was very knowledgeable and helpful. I also enjoy a massage.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Lou Anne M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ona
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Arcadia
#1 of 3 in Arcadia
Knights Inn Arcadia
Knights Inn Arcadia
#2 of 3 in Arcadia

Been to Rasayana Cove Ayurvedic Retreat? Share your experiences!