“Erewash bit of history”

631 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 910 helpful votes
“Erewash bit of history”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Lived close to the museum many years ago so decided I should make time to visit, impressed. It is a very small museum set over two floors with a different theme in every room, wartime, stanton, 1950's shop, kitchen, mining, classroom and pictures etc. I really enjoyed the wartime, mining and stanton exibitions as steelworks/mining had a major impact on Ilkeston over the years. Would recommend a visit if you have not been.

Visited November 2013

Derby, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“time and time again”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I have been visiting the museum for some time now, both with my own children and my grandchildren. I have never been disappointed with the activities available and have been grateful for somewhere to go in all weathers where the children could be kept occupied. Many of the activities were free or only cost a small amount per child. A particular favourite of ours is meeting and handling the creepy-crawlies!
The museum is a wonderful place for adults and children alike and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is visiting the area.

Visited September 2013
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“A great place to visit”
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

Visited the museum 22/8/13. It's small in comparison to other museums but do not let this put you off visiting, it is jam packed with exhibits and information. Lots of things to see and do. Each room has a different theme. The wartime gallery is great with the radio and the dressing up clothes and the evacuee suitcase in the shelter. We enjoyed looking at all the things in the 1950s shop.

Whilst there we did the trail activity and my son made a snakes and ladders game in the craft session.

I am sure we will be visiting again and would recommend it to all

Visited August 2013
1 Thank ChuckleButton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fantastic small museum”
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

We went to the Erewash museum a few weeks ago, not expecting too much as its very understated and I have to say its a real gem! We were really impressed and there's so much to see and do, and a great way of learning about the heritage in the area. Highly recommend that everyone takes a look, well worth the visit!

Visited July 2013
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Excellent value”
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

We went in the school holidays, they normally have something extra on for the kids to do. For £2 they did balloon modelling for an hour which kept them occupied. Also a little hunt around the museum. Good value for an hour or so.

Visited April 2013