“Stunning Plantation Home and Park, with History!”

Blue Spring State Park
Book In Advance
More Info
US$85.60*
and up
Manatee Kayak Tour at Blue Springs State Park
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Orange City
More attraction details
Owner description: State park offering a variety of outdoor activities including camping, hiking, canoeing, fishing, boating, snorkeling and scuba diving.
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Loved the walk with the history of the Home. Loved the area history of the area. Fell in love with the beauty and history. It's a must see if you go to Central Florida.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,538)

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Visited Blue Springs State Park for Summer vacation, camped with Family for 5 nights, park and campground are gorgeous. Check in with Ranger was very easy, sites are very wooded and private.Campground restrooms were dirty on top of being in need of replacement, due to age. Host did not seem very attentive to the facilities/ amenities. But let me assure you this did not ruin our trip at all. We swam in the spring everyday, sometimes twice, water was soooo refreshing (constant 72 degrees, 100,000,000 gallons of water a day)!! Took Eco-boat tour on "The River", the guide was very good the entire family enjoyed (even our 13 year old son). Park has a max capacity so if you are just visiting for the day and not in the park by 10:00am expect to have a wait to enter the park! Park is very wild, wildlife scare due to the season, sure it is a lot more active in the cooler months!!

3  Thank HlwdFLNative
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I visited this park as a little girl and I thought it was the most beautiful place on Earth. I brought my children and husband to show them during our Orlando vacation. We arrived at the park around 9:30 or 10:00 and it was pretty empty. We initially just walked to the Spring Head and jumped in. It was so cold, but the water was so clear and beautiful! I was entranced today as I was when I was little. We decided to rent tubes and float back. *Tip*. Rent the tube and walk with it. Down the trail to the Spring head. We saw lots of folks putting in at the end and swimming against the current. I guess that's fun if you don't mind the extra work. :).

We swam around at the spring head and then floated back while we sank in the beauty of the canopy of trees and Spanish moss overhead. This is a natural environment, so there were fish in the water. I stood very still at one point and two little minnows swam up to check me out. So cool! We saw a catfish that was "dinner" size, haha. We also saw a really long gar! Super cool! We didn't see any manatees, but that's ok! They were probably out doing manatee stuff.

Loved our visit! We all thought our skin felt really soft after being in the water. Bonus! This is a must do, but go early to avoid the crowds!!!

2  Thank TLSpeas
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My wife & I just returned from this park and were quite impressed. It is a very accessible park that features a beautiful clear river. One can snorkel, swim or simply float leisurely down this lazy river. We are snorkelers and we were pleased with the number and size of the fish that can be seen! At one point the visibility is about 25 feet. Scuba divers enjoy the river too. Lastly, the boardwalk from the nice picnic grounds to the river entry site is loaded with flora and fauna! For the cost of $6 per car, the park is a great value!

4  Thank Skibumscu
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Blue Springs is wonderful state park. The price to get in is very reasonable 6.00 for 3 of us. Water was cold and clear going up to the head spring was easy and very nice. Then you float back down to the swimming area. We also did the boat tour this was worth the money 22.00 each and two hours in length. With lots of photo opportunities along the way.