“1876 Heritage Inn super as always”
Review of 1876 Heritage Inn

1876 Heritage Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Orange City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is our 2nd time at 1876 Heritage Inn in Orange City, FL:...restaurant food is excellent, new bar and entertainment fun, rooms clean and very comfortable for the excellent price. Thanks again for a memorable weekend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank L J

Reviewed 13 April 2014

The rooms were not that clean, I thought because it was historic in orange city it would be better, but it is run by foreign people who don't speak that well english... the breakfast took about 65 minutes.... the bar was a joke ...they didn't know how to even make a margarita....Who comes to Florida and stays at a hotel that doesn't make frozen drinks....and it was honestly just filthy... the people or servers etc owners.... very unprofessional, food was burnt and very greasy..... maybe it was just a bad weekend for them but it sucked more for me..... would never stay again....

Room Tip: Try the hotels in Deltona name brand ones like Comfort or Quality Inn.. they are not too bad...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Johnette Z
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I spent 10 days at the hotel because it was Bike Week in Daytona. The sheets in the first room were used and the heat and air in the wall didn't work. The desk said that was a new problem the staff said it had been broken since July of last year. They did move us, we paid for two rooms for 10 nights each at around $99.00 a night. The barber choked his girlfriend in the bar during karoke night right below my room. Then the laundry being done all night below my room with lots of yelling. The cops only showed up twice that week. The café for breakfast was good. But then after I had left I found clothes missing from my suitcase, not expected. Someone had left a coffee cup in my room so I know someone had been in and out. Lesson learned, most of the staff was living there on rehab release according to them.

Room Tip: They had three rooms bottom floor that had been upgraded, staff lives in them unless they are rented...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Greenlaps
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This is a very intriguing place. It has a postage museum that is quite interesting. It has history. I was surprised to learn it was once a nursing home. The room we stayed in was yet to be re-renovated and looked as such. The place has original fixtures that have been painted over, tiles nailed on to the floor. A bit more upkeep, highlighting those beautiful fixtures and this would be excellent. I understand new owners are in the process of making some changes. I hope so. There are "house rules" when you stay here that one might not like. In house Cafe had very good food and pleasant entertainment. The potential here is amazing! I would stay here again and would recommend it to others that are willing to accept the fact that it is a historic place and not to expect Hilton style rooms.

Room Tip: You might want to take a look at the available room before you commit.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nocturne121
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We have stayed at quite a few Historic Inn and this is the worst one I have ever been in. We booked a two bed room with a tub/shower. I need the tub for my arthritis...when we got there they told us they did not have a two bed room with a tub. We stayed because we had traveled quite a ways and did not feel like traveling more. The linens on the bed were miss matched sheets that felt as if they were not rinsed properly and were very rouch and itchiy. The pillow had not structure to them and also felt old aans shabby. Also they said Sat . might was Jazz night...We love good jazz and were looking forward to it .But what we got was a heavy rock bad that played so loud we could barely hear in our room. After asking the owner to please have them turn down the music we were told if we did not like it leave!!!! Which we did af. We got 1 nights fee back but wer had to pack and find another place to stay at 9:00 at night.... The sowners seem to care more for the 1 person that was in the lounge then in their Inn guests ....NOT FOR SENIOR

Room Tip: Go across the street to the Quality Inn Neat clean personable staff and less money for better room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I've admired this stately building for some time for its historical significance but only recently visited with my wife for dinner in one of their resturants. Very laid back, relaxing and polite service. The prime rib we'd come for was sold out but the ribeye I had instead was very impressive. There was entertainment that evening which featured a local couple and their singing and music added to the atmosphere. We'll probably revisit the 1876 Heritage Inn again sometime for another dinner. Next time, we'll come earlier in the evening before their prime rib is sold out. That's what the chef suggested, especially on a weekend. It's nice to see how this establishment is being restored and available for folks to experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Within minutes of everythng you could possibly need in and near Orange City and Deltona. Good price for an extended stay but all ammenities are on you. It has a cafe with good food but not complimentary breakfast. I was able to get two rooms on an emergency during Bike Week 2013.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Days Inn Orange City/Deland
#3 of 5 in Orange City
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orange
Alling House Bed and Breakfast

Been to 1876 Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!