“Amazing Hotel”

Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Orange Park
Reviewed 24 October 2012

While we had an issue with check in that could have put a damper on things, it was taken care of, although it shouldn't have been an issue to begin with. We were greeted with friendly housekeeping, a beautiful room and decor, and staying in a room with four children wasn't an issue with space in our room. When we had an issue with the room, maintenance responded faster than I expected. We did have to get breakfast elsewhere because of cost but we made it work. We loved our stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Courtyard- Jacksonville/Orange Park, FL. We strive to provide our guests with the service and accomodations Marriott Courtyard guests expect and deserve. I am happy to see that your stay here was pleasant. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future, should your travel plans permit.

Reviewed 28 August 2012

Love staying at this hotel. Very clean, looks modern and spacious rooms. Need some help at front desk. Not too friendly. Breakfast should be included with your reservation. Restaurants are not really close to the hotel.

Room Tip: The king size room is very nice. It has a sofa bed that fit two people. Lots of room. Flat screen TV...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

Reviewed 8 August 2012

Stayed at this Courtyard for 2 nights 7/26/12-7/27/12...before moving down the coast with family for some r+r. Right off 295 for easy access. Very close to restaurants. Stayed in room w/ 2 teenagers...plenty of room in this updated hotel. Front desk staff very helpful and friendly. Used pool and exercise room...top notch.
No issues whatsoever. I would stay again! Thanks Marriott for a great stay!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

Reviewed 5 August 2012

I stayed 3 nights recently during the the birth of my grandson. I found the hotel, clean and the staff friendly. The breakfast was good, the first time it could have been hotter, but the following day it was just right. Also $7.95 all you can eat was a bargain. My room was a bit noisy one night, but I think this was due to it's proximity to the elevator and ice machine.
The only sour note was the morning I was checking out. The cleaner rang my room at 11:30 on her mobile phone to ask if I was leaving soon (checkout was12). When I came out she was In the hall, doing the same thing to someone else. I reported this to the front desk as I left. I used the pool and the gym, both were clean and well maintained.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 4 August 2012

We have stayed here many times and have been loyal Marriott customer when we travel - this time we bid thru priceline just to save a bit - when checking in we asked for 2 beds instead of 1 and Manager Joanna replied our priceline bid does not guarantee choice of beds. We understood that and it would not have mattered if our daughter had not decided to come with us last minute. She was actually degrading & rude how she explained Marriott & priceline policies and did not even acknowledge that we had booked with them many other times thru Marriott. She ended up giving us 2 beds for additional $25 fee.

Although this has been our 1st choice, next time we will consider going back to Holiday Inn next door.

Room Tip: you can ask for a balcony, although they say they usually give those to smokers.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Courtyard- Jacksonville/Orange Park, FL. We strive to provide our guests with the service and accomodations Marriott Courtyard guests expect and deserve. I am sorry to see that your stay did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and hope that this one incident will not prevent future stays. The individual you mentioned in your review is no longer with us. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future, should your travel plans permit.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

We just spent the weekend at this hotel and never again. First of all, I found a live bug under one of the pillows on the bed. Second, the rug was very dirty; spots all over the place. Third, the hotel just plain needs general maintenance; walls painted, windows washed, etc. Fourth, we are smokers so we got a room with a balcony. However, they don't even have chairs on the balcony. What if a guest would just like to get some fresh air? Fifth, the bathtub had mold all along the inside edge. Yuk! Sixth, the hotel offers a breakfast buffet ($8.50), with a griddle for omelets. For two days the hot pans were mostly empty and the girl in charge did not seem to want to be there. My husband and I agreed that she was not at all hospitable. The desk staff and the housekeeping staff were very nice and friendly. This hotel needs alot of work.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Courtyard- Jacksonville/Orange Park, FL. We strive to provide our guests with the service and accomodations Marriott Courtyard guests expect and deserve. I am sorry to see that your stay did not meet your expectations. We will use your input as a tool for improvement. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future, should your travel plans permit.

Reviewed 28 July 2012

I do not go to Florida, but we came for two days for a family reunion. I will say this hotel is very nice. We needed adjoining rooms, but none were available when we came b/c we'd arrived early (noon). Front desk was very accomodating as it was 6 of us, and she allowed us to stay in one of the clean adjoining rooms until the other one was vacated and cleaned. Lobby was beautiful, and saturday's breakfast was awesome! I think they only do waffles and omelets made-to-order on saturdays, so, BONUS! Rooms were very spacious and nice-- so much so that I didn't want to leave the room. All modern amenities in room, outdoor pool, and very nice exercise room. Black out shades were amazing. I'd definitely stay here again, IF I ever go to Florida again lol!

Room Tip: If you need adjoining rooms, just know that they only have one set per floor, and it's a King w...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange Park
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Orange Park
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Orange Park
Fairfield Inn Jacksonville Orange Park
Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville
Days Inn Orange Park/Jacksonville

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park? Share your experiences!