“Nice Stay for the price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Jacksonville Orange Park

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Courtyard Jacksonville Orange Park
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Orange Park
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Nice Stay for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

Stayed for 2 days. Great stay for the rate and location. The rooms are spacious, super clean. Great location right next to the main street with everything there. The staff is super friendly. I actually was there when it was the last day for one of the bartenders and the staff cut a cake for her and insisted I had a piece. Like the bar! Would go back if I had to visit Orange Park again!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Courtyard- Jacksonville/Orange Park, FL. We strive to provide our guests with the service and accomodations Marriott Courtyard guests expect and deserve. I am happy to see that your stay here was pleasant. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future, should your travel plans permit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Ocala, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

The room was decorated as my previous stay in McDonough, GA. Although this time the bed was not as comfortable as the one in McDonough. Also I felt that they controlled the a/c, even though I was supposed to be able to set it to the temp I wanted. Each night I would wake up sweating and noticed the a/c was not kicking on that often. Checked and lowered it to 69 and still not coming on. Then about 5 in the morning, it would kick on and get too cold in the room. Was also disappointed that the breakfast buffet was not open and ready to go at 7 a.m. So had to eat on the way to my seminar. Location was fantastic. Not on the main drag but easy to get to the expressway and close to the main drag where the mall and as many restaurants you could think of were accessible. Room was cozy and clean. No bugs!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a night away from home. We also stayed here our wedding night before leaving for Orlando earlier this year. The room was large but awkward. We had a balcony over the pool with just one chair. The bathroom was clean and so was the bedding. I check these two things because I believe them to be most important. I had some work to do and the Internet worked fine but had to constantly log back in. I sat on the couch to work and it was very scratchy. The desk and chair were comfortable. The bed was also comfortable but awkwardly positioned that barely allowed for any room on one side. I just crawled from the end of the bed instead cramming myself between the wall and the bed. The other reviews about the carpet are true, numerous stains. I always wear my shoes or socks in hotel rooms anyway no matter how nice. I always greeted by staff and that was nice. I would stay again. I think breakfast should be included. :)

• Stayed August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Hotel is clean - staff were very friendly and helpful - internet access was good but slowed a bit during peak hours - would normally give this hotel the next higher level but the water - especially the hot water - had an annoying sulphur smell - had forgotten about this from a previous stay. Will check around next time. Plenty of shopping and dining choices within a short drive.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Dear UTCFan,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are updating to fiber optic internet service to improve upon our HSIA experience. Unfortunately, even with water softners the water in the Jacksonville/Orange Park area does have a distinct odor. I apprecite you sharing your thoughts.
Alexandria VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

One reason I'm a Marriott Rewards Gold member is the broad variety of service levels offered by the Marriott brand. Courtyard is great for a 1 or 2 night stay, and Residence Inn is good for a longer trip. Has Marriott abandoned Courtyard (particularly THIS location)? Unfortunately, this trip I'd booked with a 3rd party discounted web site, so my Marriott Rewards status was irrelevant. I checked in late (11pm) on a Saturday night. The hotel was hosting a wedding party. Fine. However, not every guest at the hotel is celebrating this wedding. I was given the always desirable room just above the pool (sarcasm), and the wedding party went on past 1AM, and was very raucous. Two calls to the front desk yielded no results. I guess the party that paid the most money wins out. I thought wedding parties confined themselves to their reserved ballrooms. Oh, well. But the real surprise was the condition of the room. The carpet was astonishingly FILTHY. Pics attached. When stains become this numerous, I realize it's beyond a simple patch repair job, but would rather expect the entire room to be recarpeted. Additionally, the wall paper panels on one side of the room was separating and peeling up, also pictured. And this morning as of 0900 I get to listen to little kids screaming in the pool immediately below my balcony. And please, Marriott - *DITCH* the in-room "Barista" coffee - that stuff is nastier than rancid creek water. And pay better attention to your lobby coffee. You're Marriott, not Motel 6. Nothing for creamer but Half & Half - that stuff tastes like pure evil. Even Extended Stay America offers the Carnation flavored creamers. In summary: Time to wake up Marriott - you've taken your eye off the ball, at least with your Courtyard brand.

Room Tip: High room to get away from street noise, and ***AVOID** the pool area (but I guess you can say that...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Dear tcm_crew,

Thank you for the comments regarding your recent stay. I have reviewed the comments with my front desk staf to ensure we more actively address late night noise issues. In regard to the carpert, we are on a monthly carpet cleaning program of 15 rooms per month. This issue does need to be addressed by our housekeeping and engineering departments. Marriott is addresing the coffee issue by upgrading to Starbucks in the Bistro, but Royal Cup still maintians the in-room coffee service.
Ogallala, NE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

My husband and I stayed here while visiting friends. My husband was very ill and the staff was so very wonderful. I would let them know he was in the room and not to disturb him. They would check with me to see if there was anything we needed on days he was unable to leave the room. I plan to visit the friends again soon and I will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Deltona, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

I stay at alot of hotels, and I hate to write something bad about a Marriott because I normally love them. I had the worst experience in a hotel I've ever had at this place. I had a VERY extended stay at this hotel and from the very first night I had issues. I was so ready to get out of there, I left behind some items, which as soon as I realized I had left, I called and tried to get in contact with the management of Housekeeping. The young lady at the front told me I would get a call back...and it's been 2 weeks. Guess I lost that stuff.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Dear Jen S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I would appreciate it if you would contact me directly, so that I may get further insight regarding your stay. I would also like to work on getting your lost and found items back to you.

Regards,