“Surprise oasis”

Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Orange Park
Reviewed 30 December 2013

What a surprise to find such a well appointed room in an area not noted for its fine hotels.
We were pleased to meet friendly, informed personnel. The hotel also had a well-equipped bar.
We had a pleasant breakfast experience at this Marriott Courtyard. Particularly, we appreciated
The spotless lobby and bedroom. The decor is charming and the room was spacious.
Free WI-Fi is another plus. And we had 3 quiet nights which is a rarity!
We would definitely return to this Courtyard.

Room Tip: No need as this was a quiet hotel with a good sized room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Courtyard- Jacksonville/Orange Park, FL. We strive to provide our guests with the service and accomodations Marriott Courtyard guests expect and deserve. I am happy to see that your stay here was pleasant. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future, should your travel plans permit.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

I was looking for a Hotel with a full size Jacuzzi at a fair price. I have been in the hospital with a blood clot. And had an ER visit soon after my hospital stay finding out I have Kidney Stones. Life is truly full of surprises! I have found out while I battle with my Kidney Stones that hot water feels good on my lower back. So I decided to reward myself with a long hot soak in a Jacuzzi in my hotel room at this Marriott Courtyard in Orange Park Florida. I arrived at 6pm and had two other guests checking in the same time I was there. Then I was checked in I asked which floor I was on and the Front desk clerk said the 5th floor which was OK by me. I prefer the highest floor I can get in a Hotel I like to look out above what ever I'm seeing from my hotel window. So I checked out my King Size Jacuzzi room. At first it looks Very Good but after you put your bags down and begin to relax you start to see your room different? When I walked over to the window in my room I noticed as I pulled the drapes open. I noticed on the right side of the A/C unit that some of the wallpaper was in bad shape and a plug was hanging out? And you could see several different area's in the hotel room were the wallpaper needed patching. Now I'm Anal and I see a lot more then most people see. The then turned on the Jacuzzi for my first soaking of the night. I had the Hot water on full blast and at best it was "Luke warm" since the Jacuzzi was so large I just kept the Luke Warm water running longer and not even turned on the cold water at all. When I got in the water I noticed the water was just then becoming hot. I would think that a Hotel with several Jacuzzi rooms and 115 rooms overall would make sure that Hot water would come on just as soon as you turned it on? Now the bathroom overall was Nice the Toilet had a lot of space and two rolls of toilet paper. With a wall between you and the sink. The walk in shower with a glass shower enclosure was very nice and it had a place to sit down in the back of the shower. I also got Luke warm water at midnight in the shower the hot water took about 5 minutes before it came out of the shower head. And this was MIDNIGHT how many other people were taking a shower in the hotel? After getting a bucket of Ice I noticed Courtyard had glasses instead of Styrofoam Cups. Now some would say this is better but not for me. I have to be very careful right know after having a blood clot for I'm on a blood thinner and If I was to drop this glass or forgot about it on the floor and stepped on it and broke it. Bleeding is really easier when you're on a blood thinner. Now in all fairness I didn't call down to the front desk and ask if they had any Styrofoam cups to use other then the glasses I ended up using I just made sure of what I was doing. In the bathroom I always look up the sinks unless that area is covered. When I looked under the sink in my room 531 I noticed three long screws? Lets say I would have placed a box under the sink for safe keeping if I was a sales person. And my hand came across the screw it could have cut me and I would have been screwed. Those screws should have been capped or cut.

When your in the Jacuzzi you can look at TV but the TV Pull-Out Tray was very hard to pull out. I tried to pull it all the way out but it made so much noise. A lot like the Christmas party that was going on in the ballroom down in the lobby? I was on the top floor of this hotel which was the 5th floor and I heard the loud music from time to time. I would have been ticked if I was on the lower floors. I had even run into another guest around 10:00pm in the elevator I was going to get some candy that was at the front desk. When he told me his girlfriend was sick and they were on the 4th floor and it was after 10:00pm and they couldn't believe the music was so LOUD! I told the young man he should call up Marriott or post here on Tripadvisor to let people know what happen. When I arrived at this Courtyard in Orange Park Florida I had no problem finding a parking space in the rear near the pool. But when I came down stairs at a little after 8:00pm to go out for awhile the parking lot was full. And a Christmas party was really getting going. I decided not to remove my car and walk towards McDonald's instead the only problem with this was it was raining and the McDonald's was 5/10 of a mile one way. So I just got two packages of Grandmas cookies and a 20oz Dr Pepper which Marriott marked up to $6.00 dollars! If I would have been able to drive away from the hotel I could have gotten my snacks for much less. But I didn't want to have to double park or park next door at the Holiday Inn because of the Christmas Party that had taken up a lot of the parking spaces. The Parking Spaces are for the checked in Hotel Guests First! Not for people coming to a Christmas Party! This Courtyard should be able to find parking for these Christmas Party guests from other businesses that were closed after dark and across the street from the Hotel or right next door.

Room Tip: Buy your snacks someplace else. This Hotel has limited snacks and have an 100% mark up.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Courtyard- Jacksonville/Orange Park, FL. We strive to provide our guests with the service and accomodations Marriott Courtyard guests expect and deserve. I have reviewed your comments and will share them with the perspective departments to ensure the issues you reveled. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future, should your travel plans permit.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

The Courtyard by Marriott is on Wells Rd between the dog track and the Orange Park Mall. It is clean, the staff is friendly, and it has a lounge where you can relax.There is even a pool. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The room with a king sized bed has a desk, coffee table and couch. The bathroom is large and had a great shower with a seat.While it has a large flat screen tv, the location and need to maneuver it to face the bed or couch is a little awkward, but not a deal breaker. There are plenty of electrical outlets and all of the lights can be easily controlled from your side of the bed. There is really no view from this hotel as it is in a business district. This hotel is very close to restaurants, shopping, and entertainment. If you are willing to drive over 20 minutes you can also get to the best things Jacksonville has to offer. They do serve breakfast,but unlike other hotels in the area, it is not included in the room price. However, overall this is a good business traveler hotel.

Room Tip: High floors are the best if you want to see anything. The front (odd numbered rooms) face the street...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Have stayed many times. Had reservation in Jacksonville but swapped to this hotel for location closer to family. There is complimentary coffee in lobby. Rooms need some renovating, lots of patching and painting on ceilings, etc. Also need electrical outlets near mirrors for getting ready outside of bathroom. Some rooms have a balcony. Nice to have in room fridge.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I was in town for a squadron reunion, and stayed 6 nights. The room was comfortable and the staff friendly. Housekeeping missed the room one day, but the error was quickly corrected. I would stay again.

Room Tip: I had a 4th floor room with a view to the rear parking lot - it was clean and pleasant.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Stayed for 2 days. Great stay for the rate and location. The rooms are spacious, super clean. Great location right next to the main street with everything there. The staff is super friendly. I actually was there when it was the last day for one of the bartenders and the staff cut a cake for her and insisted I had a piece. Like the bar! Would go back if I had to visit Orange Park again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Reviewed 1 September 2013

The room was decorated as my previous stay in McDonough, GA. Although this time the bed was not as comfortable as the one in McDonough. Also I felt that they controlled the a/c, even though I was supposed to be able to set it to the temp I wanted. Each night I would wake up sweating and noticed the a/c was not kicking on that often. Checked and lowered it to 69 and still not coming on. Then about 5 in the morning, it would kick on and get too cold in the room. Was also disappointed that the breakfast buffet was not open and ready to go at 7 a.m. So had to eat on the way to my seminar. Location was fantastic. Not on the main drag but easy to get to the expressway and close to the main drag where the mall and as many restaurants you could think of were accessible. Room was cozy and clean. No bugs!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange Park
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Orange Park
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Orange Park
Fairfield Inn Jacksonville Orange Park
Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville
Days Inn Orange Park/Jacksonville

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park? Share your experiences!