Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskrecommend this hotelroom was cleannaval basenice breakfastfree breakfasthot breakfastwafflesnas jacksonvillestay there againminute drivec unitthe entire staffgreat place to staynaval air stationeasy accessenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 November 2012

When i checked in i was told that there was no television service and i had the option to cancel without any penalty so i cancelled and stayed elsewhere.The hotel is in a good location will try again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Artie S, General Manager at Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for telling us about your stay! I know it's been a while since you were here, but we do invite you to return soon! The hotel is going through some extensive renovations and updates! We're painting the building, rooms have new paint and furniture, our lobby and dining areas are getting remodeled too!

Reviewed 26 November 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed 27 September 2012

I sometimes hate leaving 5 star reviews because if you are like me, you ignore all the 1 star reviews and all. The 5 star reviews. 1 star reviews are for people with chips on their aholder and 5 star reviews are usually either fake, or are people who aren't very picky. But in this case I had to make an exception. I had checked into another hotel and quickly realized I had to leave that place. So. I came over t this Best Western at midnight. The front desk staff member was amazing. I told him I had to leave the last place because the hotel was terrible. He asked how much I paid. I told him $59.00. He said, "then that's all you will pay here." I later checked hotels.com website and rooms that weekend were $89 a night. This guy had could have raked me over the coals and he did just the opposite.

Now on to the hotel, as others said, it is right off the interstate, but you have to drive a quarter mile away and circle back which I loved. The hotel I had been in was just off the interstate but it felt very shady and I thought anyone could rob me and be back on the interstate in less than 30 seconds. The lobby was very clean and nicely appointed. The room was monstrously large. Granted it only had one king bed, however, if there had been two queens it would have still felt big as there was easily 10 - 12 feet between the end of the bed and the dresser in the front of the room. As other reviewers said, there are no controls on the a/c unit however, it clearly stated that the controls were on the wall. To my surprise, I found a thermostat behind me.

The bed was very comfortable however being that I was by myself, I didn't have to share it with anyone, including my 2 boys starting around 6:00 in the morning. :) I slept in both days so was not able to eat the breakfast so I can't comment on that. If I had to give one criticism it would be that the shower curtain rod was installed upside down so the tiny lips on the edge that were supposed to hold back the last rung of the curtain were on the bottom. Usually probably not a problem, but in this particular room, the curtain was one of those crescent shaped ones that went out away from the tub and it hung down a little, so without the little edges to hold the curtain against the walls, it would routinely fall about a foot away from the wall and by time I was done with the shower there was a huge puddle of water on the floor. Other than that, it was a great stay and just what I needed at midnight after such a let down at the other place.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Smaycumber

Reviewed 22 September 2012

My husband and I rented this room for one night while we visited my daughter and her family in Jacksonville. Although it is a little inconvenient to get to, with good gps directions, you'll be fine. It's near the mall and lots of restaurants. The bed was very comfortable and you have your choice of 4 pillows. The room was very clean and smelled good. The bathroom was HUGE with beautiful, shiny marble floors. We stayed on a Saturday night and heard no disturbing noises. The a/c worked just right. The staff was great. The free breakfast was average but there were eggs, bacon and a waffle maker so at least it's not donuts and coffee. The only thing I can think of that wasn't good was the covers. There are two sheets with a blanket between. I would prefer a little more - like a comforter or something. I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: We got a king-size and it was great.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 September 2012

Cockroaches in the room and I didn't eat or have any food in there. I told the desk clerk when I checked out and didn't receive a response. Asked for a single queen bed and got a miniature one - the room was VERY Small. Tired old hotel describes it perfectly. The AC/Heating unit had no knobs so I couldn't control it - it got cold the second night. I only stayed for two nights. I travel for work and stay at hotels 30 or more nights a year - this was very disappointing. Breakfast was ok - same as all other hotels. Luckily I was visiting relatives so I only slept there.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo