“Not impressed, could have been better.”
Review of Orange Buffet

Orange Buffet
Ranked #98 of 214 Restaurants in Orange Park
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Not impressed, could have been better.”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

It had only been a week since I've had three wisdom teeth removed. I decided to start with solids again because it really sucks drinking chicken broth for every meal. I did not try the hibachi or any sushi because I was afraid it would be too hard on the sensitive areas of my mouth. So, this review covers the entire buffet and the sashimi. I tried to stick with softer foods that wouldn't be so hard to chew.

This restaurant has the typical foods you would find at a Chinese buffet-style restaurant. The floor wasn't too clean. It had bits of trash and food scattered everywhere. However, our table was clean and our server was pleasant. The bathrooms were clean.

The vegetable lo mein was extremely dry and stuck to everything. It was pretty gross. I just tried to swallow it down. This actually hurt to eat. I also put some broccoli/cauliflower/peppers on my plate. These were easier and more pleasant to eat than the vegetable lo mein.

I moved on to the fried rice. I figured they couldn't mess this up. Seriously though, who ruins vegetable lo mein? The fried rice was your typical fried rice.

I helped myself to a serving of the sweet & sour chicken because the chicken was easy to cut up and dip in the sauce. Therefore it was easy to chew. I dipped my vegetable roll into the sauce also - yum.

The sashimi wasn't that great at all. Let me emphasize, I LOVE raw fish, but the raw fish here was terrible.

Other than two desserts, that was all I ate. The other foods were either: not appealing OR I would not have been able to eat them right now anyway.

I don't expect a 5-star experience in a buffet-style restaurant. I'm not a buffet-style person either. With that said, I really wasn't impressed by this restaurant. However, I am all about giving second chances. The next time we are in town, I will make sure to try it again. Maybe the hibachi and sushi bar will be excellent. They really could do much better than the buffet and sashimi that was presented when we were here. Oh well, c'est la vie, until next time...

Visited September 2013

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,105 helpful votes
“Extensive Selection”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with the variety of food offered on this extensive buffet. For less than $7 per person at lunch, you get probably 20-30 Chinese dishes to choose from. There is also a sushi bar, Mongolian grill, american dishes (large ham, meatloaf, fish, etc) , large salad, desert bar and 6-8 hand-dipped ice creams. The food, quality while not great, was better then most buffets of this type.Service was very good: both prompt and friendly and the restaurant was clean.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank RLWOrangePark
Fleming Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“LOTS OF CHOICES”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

There were lots of Choices and staff was attentive. They had everything from sushi, Mongolian, Chinese and American food. The food was rather bland though. The food is monitored as it gets low and the staff is right there replenishing it.

• Visited June 2013
Orange Park, Florida
“Orange Park Chinese.”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

From the sushi to the buffet bars. To the mongolian grill. To the desert bar and finally the ice cream station. Quality is at every station. The food is monitored and replaced or refilled as soon as it starts to get low. I have yet to see any burned or dried out items on the bar. The waiters and waitresses are all very helpful. The food is of high quality and very economically priced.

Visited March 2013
Gainesville, Virginia
“Wow”
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Like any chinese buffet not everything is perfect, but the good out weighed the bad. Nice selection of non-chinese dishes. Hibachi was wonderful and the choice of ice creams was fabulous according to my niece. Lots of good food...very very reasonable price.

Visited February 2013