“Worst Place Ever!”

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Orange Park
Orange Park, Florida
“Worst Place Ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Please do not waste your money, and it is a waste of money! the room we got was not the one we requested. plus it had black mildew all over the ceiling in the room and bathroom! the pipes in the bathroom were old and rusty. the door was falling off the hinges. Roaches!!! disgusting!! And if thats not bad enough the staff was horrible, very rude, and ignored our concerns of the room! there is always a water issue or internet issue. Maintenance is slow to come fix anything. Oh and If you comlain to management she runs to her mom who is the owner but nothing gets done. Worst place ive ever stayed. Fridge was old rusty and froze in a solid block. Oh but dont call maintenance cause they wont show up.Pay close to $300 a week for a crappy room and crappy service! Do Not Stay!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank amanda m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Hats off to Jasmine for her excellent Customer Service. What a pleasure dealing with Jasmine. If I was living closer to Florida I would try to hire her myself. Thanks again to Jasmine!!!! She's a keeper for the hotel representation!!! Great Job!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Donna T
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in January. We had an event in Middleburg and there is nothing in Middleburg for hotels. I was a bit nervous with some of the reviews but we were only staying 1 night and would be in the hotel to sleep and back out at 5am. The room is smallish for an extended stay but we did have a single. Overall the room was clean and as good or better than expected. The staff we encountered were very nice and helpful, especially Jasmine. We have to go back to Middleburg this month and will stay again. I can't imagine finding anything better without spending more.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Caroline C
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

The staff here is wonderful especially Ms. Jasmine Long very helpful full of excitement and is always in a good mood if you need anything that's who you should call on. I always had fresh linen was very happy with the location restaurants surrounded by the place and a grocery store how sharp is that everything is right there in walking distance.

Room Tip: ask for the for by your baggage
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank moon567
Orange Park, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stayed at the Stay Suites of America as I searched for an apartment after being stationed at NAS Jax. I ended up staying there about four months. I was given non-smoking room on the third floor and told this was their cheapest rate. The room was affordable and had one full size bed in it. Although the carpets are a little...old and discolored. The Housekeeping is weekly and the housekeepers and maintenance staff were always very friendly and accommodating. I work nights and I had very little disturbances during the day to sleep. A couple times I had to go to the front desk to swap linens as it wasn't my cleaning day and that's were I met Levedra. Her smile was always such a comfort early in the mornings and I felt like she really cared when I mentioned my concerns about the carpets. After that she always asked me how my night was at work.
One more thing....I stayed from September to January and was so moved when I found a little present in my room and a card for Christmas. This was the first year in ten years I was not able to be home for Christmas and found this small gesture to be the best part of my stay. Thank you Stay Suites of America (Especially Levedra...Keep smiling. You never know who's day you're blessing)!

Room Tip: This is a good cheap EXTENDED stay hotel. First floor rooms are more expensive
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank MilitaryChick
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

WJTV in Jacksonville,Florida hold auctions several times a yr. I bided on this as a local get away weekend for me & the Husband to get away from babysitting the grandchildren every weekend. I wasn't expecting it to be a 4* place, but I wasn't expecting what we got either. Certificate was for 2 double beds in a smoking room. 1st room was 1 bed, non-smoking. 2nd room was the same. We were given a 3rd room to try. It was a double bed, non-smoking. One bed was unmade as if someone had just left the room & smelled badly. By this time I was livid. I called the office & questioned what would make her think to give us a used room? The reply was weak at best. I was told the computer showed the room vacant... meanwhile the place is being used as actual living quarters. People were sitting on the walk ways with chairs as if on their front porch.
We ended up leaving, as we both felt uncomfortable from the start. If your intent is to find a cheap 'dump' to flop at long term and comfort nor cleanliness is not an issue for you, then this is your place. After 45 mins running around from room to room, we went home to cleanliness and comfort. I will let the TV station know the real deal on this hotel. The company should not be receiving a tax brake donating something so undesirable.

Room Tip: There is no good rooms.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tired6
Kyle L, Manager at Stay Suites of America, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
In reviewing the information and going back on our files - all of the contributors of WJCT who purchased stays during the auction - stayed for the two night purchased stay. We are sorry we did not meet with your expection and we are sad our other guests bother you but, this is an Extended Stay Hotel. (Sometime our guests will sit outside and enjoy the sunshine.)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

I was referred to the hotel by a local gas station employee who told me it was a "little rundown",but the prices were reasonable.After getting lost several times I finally arrived to a very nice young lady whose name I believe was Amanda.From the very start she made me feel as though my comfort was important.She just kept smiling even when the phone wouldn't stop ringing.When I finally made it to my room I discovered I had lost my phone.In a panic I called down to the desk to see if I left it down there.Unfortunately it wasn't there,so i went back down to the lobby to see if maybe I dropped it when I came in.Amanda saw me looking around and asked if I had lost something.When I told her about my phone she offered to help me look.I told her I didn't want to take her away from her job.She told me,"A happy guest is a repeat guest."We looked and looked but were unable to find it.Then Amanda said she could call my phone and see if we could locate it.Long story short it was just outside the front door.If it weren't for Amanda I would have been lost.She went beyond what I would consider good customer service.She made me feel special,not just another paying customer.I would stay here again and really can't believe some of these reviews.I only wish there was a "Amanda" in the hotels in NYC.

P.S. Give her a raise!

Room Tip: Ask for Amanda.She knows what she's doing.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#7 of 12 in Orange Park
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Orange Park

Been to Stay Suites of America? Share your experiences!