“Beautiful property, comfortable bedding, nice staff”

The Club Continental Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Orange Park B&B and Inns
Atlanta
“Beautiful property, comfortable bedding, nice staff”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This hotel is beautiful. It was a perfect location to attend a wedding at the same facility. We were on the 3rd floor and there is no elevator so be prepared for that. Our room overlooked the river which was so nice. The room was available to check in early and they were happy to accommodate us. I wish the pool had been heated because it was warm enough outside to swim, but the water was much too cold. On the weekends the breakfast is not as elaborate but it was sufficient with a delicious egg casserole.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 28 March 2014

A must if your part of a wedding party. Quiet, serene, old world style. River suite was nice. No staffing for others. Seems catered events are the focus, not the "other guest". Good location for day tripping. St.Augustine, Golf Village, Jacksonville etc.

Room Tip: Top floor is nice,but no help with bags and no elevator .
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

We spent 4 days here and we were very happy with the quality of the accomodations. Our stay included their breakfast. This was worth it alone. The view of the grounds while enjoying a full breakfast with buffet option was the best way to start the day. We stayed in one of the rooms right on the water near their little pub. Amazing history in this facility. Palmolive Estate. We are heading back this February and will be staying another 3 days here.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stephanie A
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Takes you back to a more opulent era...beautiful vistas, rooms, and gardens. Can't think of a better place for an anniversary celebration or romantic get away. And you can have your wedding here.
Unforgettable.

Room Tip: Like the river suites.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Richmond Hill, Georgia
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Quite simply, the most awesome place to stay (and we travel worldwide). My wife fell ill prior to checkout & the amazing employees (Harry from the front desk, housekeeping) came to the rescue.
...And that's not even tapping into the grounds and amazing landscape/bedrooms/views/etc. Just do this: make a reservation...then take your expectations & times them by 10...then you may just match up the incredible experience you are about to partake in at the Club Continental. We've stayed multiple times & can't wait to stay again!! Florida's hidden treasure!
-Ross & Sandi Blair
Richmond Hill, GA

Room Tip: We've stayed in 3 rooms and looked at several others. Our pick is 305...top corner riverview sui...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Davenport, Florida, USA
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The Club Continental in Jacksonville Florida is my very favorite place to stay when traveling for business or pleasure in that area. Be sure to make dining reservations and stay on property for dinner. Great place to meet clients!

Room Tip: The River Suites are right on the St Johns and you wake up to a stunning sunrise every morning
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 26 December 2013

That statement is not meant in a derogatory manner at all, in fact quite the contrary. We needed to stay in Orange Park for a special event involving my son, something we wanted to create a memory for, and that involves ensuring the entire trip is memorable for everyone. Knowing my wife and my mother-in-law are both eclectic interior designers, there is no conceivable solution that presents a positive memory for us staying at – what did a previous and ill-mannered patron suggest? – The Hampton? Hardly. We needed to find somewhere with character, and character is not merely defined aesthetically, but in the quality of the staff. This too cannot be defined in terms of how well one does their job alone, but also in the manner in which they carry out these tasks.

Is the Inn old? Yes. Does it show signs of age? Yes. Does that detract from the aesthetic qualities that create an ambiance the likes of which other chains could no sooner afford to design, much less possess a quantitative amount of creativity to master? No. It reminds me of a Tuscan Villa I once visited, and flooded my memories of that trip the entire stay at Club Continental. My wife and mother-in-law were in absolute heaven. The antiques, the patina made them both giddy, while my mother enjoyed reading about the history and traveling back in time to when she was small. My son just found the entire experience ‘cool’, and his friends all wanted to hang out here, where “it was awesome” instead of their cookie-cutter hotels.
Dust bunnies, dishwashing, murals… obviously some people have never traveled extensively through Europe as these are actually quite common, though I will say, I did not see any dust bunnies, nor did I find my dishes inadequately washed. The murals are to me, a throwback to a bygone day when the wealthy paid for their walls to be unique, instead of some boring wallpaper. I have stayed in rooms that were meant to be stark and clean, and for somewhere like NYC, perhaps that is the best way to go. My company find accommodations for me to stay in hotels that run 4 or 5 times the cost of a night at the Club Continental, and while nice, the rooms were less than memorable. There’s also a façade the staff engender in these places, a pretense of compassion and concern that masks their derision and vitriol. That is something I did not receive at the Club Continental in the slightest. Every member of the staff we interacted with went above and beyond to be courteous, and not because they had to, but I think they want to. Share a joke, a pleasantry, or just wish you a good day in passing, each went out of their way to create indelible memories.

This is after my having changed my reservations five or six times in a 36-hour period. Not once, did I ever feel as though I was an inconvenience, or that my requests were extraordinary. Upon departing, I left behind an item that has some measure of sentimental value to my wife. I called after returning home, and Harry, after realizing the housekeeping staff did in fact turn it in, sent it to me certified mail at his own expense, refusing to let me reimburse him. Integrity is not a word used often enough today, because so many fail to possess that quality it has become relegated to movie punch lines. The people have integrity, and that is more than enough for me to say, if I am ever within 100 miles of Orange Park and require accommodations, I am staying at Club Continental.

Room Tip: We stayed at both Riverside and English Room. If you want water view, then riverside. If you want...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family