“Not Bad for the money! Willing to pay more to get a better breakfast!”

Astoria Hotel Suites Orange Park
Astoria Hotel Suites Orange Park
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Orange Park
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This is a very beautiful Hotel, with the most helpful and caring staff. The only thing I can complain about is the pool was not open while we were there. They also need a better breakfast. I am ready to go back here to see their improvements. There will be some I am sure!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Judy R
AstoriaHotelSuites, Manager at Astoria Hotel Suites Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience of the pool not being open. We are looking forward to opening our pool later in the year after some changes. Thank you for being patient.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed here only because someone else was picking up the bill, otherwise we would of left immediately. The hotel is old and the rooms are in serious need of updating, the bathroom itself was the worse. The staff at the hotel is a random collection of people who don't really seem to be well-trained at all. Only reason I gave them a extra mark was the banquet service they did for the party we were with was decent. Okay maybe for a quick overnight stay but I would say you are better off sticking with a major chain in a similar price range because hygiene-wise its a mixed bag. We made it through our weekend stay okay (no bites or rashes) but we literally couldn't wait to leave...

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank llady5353

Thank you for your review. We apologize for your bad time. Changes have been made since your previous stay to ensure a quality stay. Staff have been more trained, as well as rooms being updated. Thank you.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

We had an unplanned trip to jacksonville yesterday to visit honeys friend. We looked for a hotel but before we book he asked his friend if where and which hotel we can stay and he said astoria its nice and near to his moms house.
The staff was nice the hotel is old.
Our room was old and very ordinary our master bedroom is even nicer old style tv dirty and almost clog toilet my husband took a shower and he told me you need to wear slippers when u take a shower unless you want to have an athletes foot. And yes its dirty.after we checked out i noticed some rash and bites omg... i hate it and his kinda upset. Bec. We stayed in that place.

Room Tip: If you just want to take a shower and go maybe this will work out .i think i got some bites and rash...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dianne_tjm

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize about your previous stay. Rooms have been updated and plumbing issues have been resolved. We appreciate your business and hope you will return to see our hotel improved and better than ever.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

If our room was renovated already, they should fire whoever is doing the work. Otherwise our room should have been closed. The bathroom door was rotting and/or had paint peeling at the bottom, the tub had a nasty soap ring and wouldn't drain properly. The staff didn't even make the bed the next day. The front desk staff isn't much help either.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank mpdharley

Thank you for your review. We apologize for your previous stays inconvenience. Rooms have been recently updated and staff have been trained better since your stay to ensure better quality to provide you service. Thank you.

Reviewed 1 March 2013

I have stayed here twice in the last month and won't be back and actually plan to.end my stay here and move to another hotel before my stay here in Orange Park is over. There is one person at the front desk who is remotely helpful. Thank you Asia, she was a delight to deal with. The other two could use some customer service skills. It would be nice if they informed you that you would not receive housekeeping everyday if you were considered an extended stay. The housekeepers were great when I did need anything. You get 15 channels and if you don't. Then the internet goes down for 3 days. I ask what's wrong with it and tell them I need to have it for business and they need a new router but don't know when that will be fixed. There are 8 other hotels around this one, all within walking distance. I guess you can't expect much for the price but.they should change the info on the site. Take fitness room off the site, three.cardio machines and they don't work right. I almost got hurt on the treadmill because it doesn't work properly. I will never stay here again and I come up here every month. I will advise all my military friends and family to stay anywhere else but here!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Charles T

We appreciate your feedback. I believe you meant Aries who was very helpful. She is great and the rest of our staff have been trained more since your stay to ensure proper information and quality service. The fitness room has been improved and new machines have been put in. Televisions are being upgraded as well as the internet. Thank you.

Reviewed 13 February 2013

Myself and two other golfers stayed here 2-10 & 2/11 2013. Most of the pictures shown are of the lobby and dining room which are very modern and new. THAT ends the new !! The motel itself is from the 1970's -- looks exactly like the rooms I used to stay when I traveled as a salesperson. The tv in rooms 106 & 110 were OLD !! The sink in room 108 (where I stayed) had no "stopper" so should I have dropped something in, it would have gone straight to the trap.
A free breakfast is offered --- NOT something I would eat.
You can spend the same amount of money (our rooms were $55/night) at many newer and more upscale places in the same area.
Don't make the mistake we did !!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Lee H

Thank you for your feedback. Our hotel has a unique characteristic of being an older hotel, but rooms have been updated since your previous stay. New furniture and televisions, along with better plumbing. Breakfast has also improved. Thank you for your business and look forward to your future stays.

Reviewed 12 December 2012

I stayed here at the beginning of Dec. I was a bit cautious after reading the first review, but my experience was very nice. First reviewer must be a difficult guest. The Front Desk was good enough to give me a ground floor room, all the staff are very polite and when I asked for additional things they responded in a timely manner.
They have live music of Friday and Sat night so that was a welcome diversion and helped me unwind.

Its a good hotel.

Room Tip: The pool side rooms are good.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank David W

Thank you so much for you response. We appreciate your business and look forward to your business again. Rooms have been updated since your stay and we continue to provide quality service. Thank you.