“Very average but good price”

Astoria Hotel Suites Orange Park
and 1 more site!
Astoria Hotel Suites Orange Park
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Orange Park
Orange Park
“Very average but good price”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Pros: room was clean, bed was comfy, service for breakfast was excellent
cons: receptionist wore an amazingly inappropriate top...made my husband uncomfortable, very unprofessional. Musty room. Pool not available.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Greg G
AstoriaHotelSuites, Front Office Manager at Astoria Hotel Suites Orange Park, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Thank you for choosing Astoria Hotel as your travel destination. We take every guest's review into perspective and change any problems that have occurred. Thank you for letting us know about the problems, as we have accessed the problem. Come back and see us in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
DeLand, Florida
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I read the reviews for this hotel and decided to check it out for myself. It is a dated property which has received a partial facelift. The pool is closed and it appears it will be for a while. The room was decent and clean. The young man at the desk was helpful and professional. Everything in the room worked well and it was quiet. The towels are thin, they reminded me of motel 6 towels. The breakfast was alright, nothing spectacular but adequate. I had only booked one night of a two night trip because I wanted to check out the hotel rather than be stuck. The hotel appeared to be less than 50% occupied so I was sure the second night would not be a problem. The next morning when I asked to extend my stay for another night, I was told that would not be a problem. So I gave the girl my credit card and asked her if the rate would be the same and she said it would be. However when she told me the total of the charges it was double of what I had paid for the night before. When I questioned it she told me that I was not entitled to the discount I had received on the first night. I was told that in order to get that rate I would have to book the room on line. I looked online and the rate was what I paid for the first night but it meant I had to check out and take all my stuff with me and then check back in again that night and haul it all back in. So I decided to stay somewhere else rather than go through all that hassle. I have never experienced this before. Usually if you have a rate online and show it to the person at the front desk, they just match the rate. In fact a number of chains guarantee that they will give you the lowest rate. The way I look at it, if I had a half empty hotel I would gladly extend a person's stay if they wanted to. I did notice that the girl at the front desk that waited on me appeared to be fairly new. However she checked with the other girl at the front desk and was told they did not match the internet price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the inner courtyard around the pool. They are very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank RonnieB122
AstoriaHotelSuites, Manager at Astoria Hotel Suites Orange Park, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
We apologize for your disappointment in our hotel. We do offer free wifi to book online reservations quickly without having to check out and check back in or move rooms. We are sorry we could not accommodate your needs as we do not match online rates. We wish you kindness regards

Travellers are raving about these Orange Park hotels

GRAND JUNCTION
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This was the most reasonable hotel we could find in this area. The room was clean, the staff was pleasant and well trained. It is an older place and could use some touch up but overall it was a nice stay. We were worried about the construction and the noise from the traffic but we couldn't hear it at all. We had a comfortable night. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Not a luxury hotel but a very reasonably priced room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tripjoe
AstoriaHotelSuites, Manager at Astoria Hotel Suites Orange Park, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for your response mister Tripjoe. We are glad Astoria Hotel was the right choice for your stay, as we provide comfort with affordability. Thank you for understanding that we are continuing to update our hotel while the character of it remains. We hope to see you again soon!
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I had a pleasurable experience, Hotel staff was very nice and professional. The rooms were clean, and the house keepers were very reliable and prominent. Special thanks to Aundrea, Harry, Vada and Aries for your hospitality.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank William B
Thank you so much, mister William B! We had a pleasure having you here with us and hope to see you again soon. Aundrea, Harry, Vada and Aries appreciate your compliments, as well as housekeeping. Come back and see us soon. Thank you
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I'm not going to lie, this isn't a 5 star hotel, but for the price I'd say it was pretty good. The room I stayed in was clean, smelled really nice, which honestly wasn't expecting it. Free breakfast and wasn't bad,they have a nice buffet. Overall it was a decent hotel and I am happy with the service I got, and I want to thank front desk manager Ileana for her awesome service. Definitely coming back

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank natalyc97
AstoriaHotelSuites, Manager at Astoria Hotel Suites Orange Park, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
We appreciate your response! Thank you for noticing our accommodations as we ensure your stay will always be well. Our team is proud to provide customer service to great people such as yourself. We hope to see you here again soon! Best regards
Green Cove Springs, Florida
Reviewed 5 November 2013

we stay long time in this hotel and we find that is a very good option for a long term stay. is not a luxury hotel , but offers confortable rooms, good breakfast and fitness room for a very low price.
We are retired and we cannot find elsewhere something comparable with the rate offered. we went there 6 weeks in february- march, two weeks in october and we will be there again in november.
Front desk is very helpful and works are in progress to make some improvements.
Housekeeping and maintenance should be better.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SERGIO V
AstoriaHotelSuites, Manager at Astoria Hotel Suites Orange Park, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the future. Feedback is always appreciated and your review was taken into account.
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Reviewed 30 October 2013

On Oct 17-20, 2013, I hosted a reunion at the Astoria Hotel, Orange Park, FL. We rented approximately 40 rooms and the hotel compensated us with (3) free hospitality rooms and the dinning room on Saturday Night. Our Friday night meal was hosted around the Pool. All meals were rated excellent and the staff were accommodating to all needs. The hotel is in the process of updating it's rooms and some rooms have not been updated as of yet. The rooms that have not been updated are still comfortable and and were clean, just showed their age.
I would recommend this hotel for any stay or any event, the management are well trained in providing services and meals for any event. The room rates were reasonable and the meal prices fair. Contact me at nicknjax@gmail.com if you have any questions.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nick M
We appreciate your stay and review. Thank you for being patient and understanding through our process of remodeling the hotel to accompany you for all future stays.