“Wonderful hotel, excellent staff, fantastic experience!!”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Orange Park
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for an extended period of time and I cannot say enough wonderful things about this hotel. From Susan (the manager) to Billie Jean (one of the front desk agents) to Christine (in breakfast) to Amanda (in housekeeping), everyone goes out of their way to make hotel guests feel welcome. I hope we can visit this area again and have the privilege of staying in this beautiful hotel.

1  Thank Brooke M
SLEEPINNFI, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful compliment and for taking the time to write a review. I am so happy we were able to provide you with such a pleasant stay. It is our goal to make each guest have a pleasant experience and I am so glad we provided that to you. I will be sure to inform the staff of your kind words. Once again, thank you and we hope to see you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn & Suites

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I had a week long business trip to this hotel. The staff was very helpful and friendly and the free breakfast has eggs, bacon, sausage and waffles along with the normal fare. My room was clean and comfortable and the staff made me feel right at home. This hotel is close to everything! There are about 30 restaurants within a 5 minute drive and about 15 of those are right across the street. There's also a Wal-Mart and full shopping center in walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2014
SLEEPINNFI, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice compliment regarding your recent stay with us. We are so glad it was a pleasant experience. Thank you for bringing the noisy a/c to our attention, we have a work order into maintenance. We are fortunate to be in an upscale area with so many restaurants and stores to choose from -- all within walking distance. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We didn't realize checkout was 11 am. Housekeeping knocked on door and informed us otherwise and threatened to charge us for another day. Then they knocked on the door or opened it every 5 minutes. I understand checkout times. However we thought we had another hour. They could have politely informed us. No need to be ugly or threatening. When I mentioned this to front desk the response is "the assistant housekeeper isn't vet nice". Really? Why does she still have a job?

• Stayed: July 2014
SLEEPINNFI, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

We apologize that you did not like our housekeeper's approach to checking out rooms. She has been with us several years and we never had one complaint about her. Check out time at the majority of hotels is 11:00 am, which is what a guest pays for. It is at the hotels discretion to extend a late check out but is not mandatory. She was trying to do her job and turn rooms over for arriving guests which can be difficult when guests do not vacant their rooms on time. The front desk agent has been reprimanded. We are award winning in customer service and housekeeping. I hope you decide to try us again in the future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We live just down the road from here but needed a place to stay during a move. The military rate is affordable. We spent three nights. 2 in a queen room and 1 in a king room. The beds are very comfortable. The rooms are nice and large and the AC will freeze you out of the room. I love it! Nice Cold, Dark Rooms!

Check in and Out was really easy. They have a nice breakfast (free) in the morning. Bacon, sausage, eggs, waffles, and various other cereals and bakery items.

Staff is very friendly. I think her name was Billie Jean, but she called to check on our us after we got checked in and she even met us in the parking lot one night with a luggage cart.

If you are in the Fleming Island Orange Park area and need a place to stay then check out the sleep inn.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
SLEEPINNFI, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Wow! Thank you for your amazing review of our hotel. I am so glad we provided you with a wonderful stay, which means we accomplished our goal. We strive to provide each guest with a pleasant stay by providing our award winning customer service and housekeeping. We hope to see you again in the future and good luck with your new home.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed 2 nights here and the breakfast was horrible. I took a plate of eggs, biscuits and bacon, back to my room. I tried to heat it up and the eggs were rubberized and the biscuits could knock a person out. Also there was NO FLAVOR to the food. (if you could eat it by that time) I would say the cook needed a lot of helpl.. There is a I-Hop next door that was better.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
SLEEPINNFI, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

We are sorry you were not happy with our extensive breakfast. We get many compliments on our free deluxe continental breakfast which has so many options to choose from...cereals, fresh fruit, home made waffles, grits, sausage gravy and biscuits, hard boiled eggs, yogurts, breads, muffins, donuts, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage and much more. IHOP is across our driveway in case you are looking for omelets and other hot items.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was very disappointed to encounter a clerk, Chris H, and general manager, Susan Soltys, that feel that keeping your customer happy is no longer valid....and feel that posting a bad review is something no one cares about these days...."No one believes what's posted on trip advisor" she said after I spoke to her about my experience dealing with Chris over our key continually not working and having to wait for Chris for 20 minutes outside the door to fix the lock on the morning of check out. And, that was after waiting for the maids to call and get permission to try their keys, and after going downstairs to try and rescan our key....so about 30 minutes of waiting. Not to mention the several times we had to have keys rescanned during our two day stay. For all this inconvenience, I was not offered any apology or compensation at check out with Chris....in fact, the first words out of his mouth were "do you need a receipt?' I was stunned! I actually had to ask if there was going to be any compensation.... of course he said no, there was nothing he could do. So, I asked if he would please call his manager. He said no because he didn't want to disturb her on her day off.... Now I am amazed that he really doesn't care and again asked him to please call her since he didn't have the authority. When he finally called her, she offered a $10 compensation, which she, Susan, thought was completely appropriate...... So, if you stay at the Fleming Island FL, Sleep Inn, and have no incidents, I guess it's okay...but if something goes wrong, be aware that they are not willing to make you happy. Instead, I got the reality check that they simply don't care! If I treated my customers the way I was treated, I wouldn't have customers!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Bobbi S

Please understand we have talked to you in person and on the phone. Some of your comments are not valid. Chris nor I were ever rude to you, unfortunately, you perceived us denying you a free stay as being rude. Your room key, which is electronic did not work once during your stay but was corrected. You were given $10 off for the inconvenience and offered 10% off your next visit. You refused the 10% off demanding you should be comp'd for your stay. This is not common practice in any hotel. We correct any issues as they come up. No one ever made the statement about Facebook although you did threaten us with writing a bad review if you did not get your stay comp'd. We take pride in making each guest have a pleasant stay and we get awards for customer service. We apologize you were inconvenienced for a few minutes while we re-keyed your lock.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Chris checked us in & was the most personable, professional and polite young person that we've encountered in a very long time. He was extremely attentive, very knowledgeable & made check-in a breeze - calling us shortly after we entered our room to confirm everything was to our liking. In short, he rendered SERVICE reminiscent of what USED to be the hallmark of EVERY business in the US, but particularly travel accommodations in the 50s and very early 60s. It was refreshing! He was also on duty next morning when we checked out & made applying our choice rewards number to our reservation simple & expedient. I would hire him in a minute but his management should know what an exemplary young person they have handling their business so expertly.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the 'stream' and woods behind the hotel & was extraordinarily quiet...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
SLEEPINNFI, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful review about your experience with our Guest Services Agent, Chris. I am so glad he made your stay a pleasant one. Chris is a great employee and we are happy to have him. I will be sure to share your kind words with him. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.