“WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!”

Parkway Inn Jacksonville
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Orange Park
Reviewed 13 January 2013

My experience took place only a few minutes ago. Found this hotel through Tripadvisor while looking for "pet friendly" hotels. The first thing we notice when pulling into the hotel parking lot was the pimp and his prostitutes standing by the back fence. With this I assume there is a lot of drug activity and nasty prostitute sex happening in the rooms. Upon entering our room, the first thing we noticed was the awful moldy smell. It smelled like an abandoned house. The carpets were disgusting, stained, and ripped. The bedding smelled like dust and had lots of long and short hair. The shower was rusted and had mold around the drain. The walls were dented in and looked like somebody flicked blood on the bathroom wall. It was so bad we decided to not stay and check out early. The only good part about my experience is when the clerk said she understood how bad the rooms are and that we can expect a full refund. Well, instead of the refund they double-charged our bank account. Instead of getting our money back, which she said she didnt charge in the first place, they took out over $200.00 from our bank account. After calling corporate we did get it all back. Please do not stay here. It is dirty and located in an awful area. Don't bring your children here. It is not safe.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank kaylaw109

Reviewed 22 October 2012

We were checked in for our two night stay by a young female desk clerk whose personallity was so bland it was almost non-existent. Not your usual bubbling greeting.

Our room was clean and adequate; the beds were comfortable, and more importantly, so were the pillows. Even the most comfortable bed in the most luxurious location can be turned into a pool of misery if the pillows aren't right.

There were no problems during our two night stay, and I probably would have given a higher rating if I didn't remember this motel from a few years ago when it was a Best Western. It has obviously been sliding downhill for a while.

Still, for $35.99 it was a bargain.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2012

We were scheduled to sleep over at our friends' home nearby but had a change of plans due to a pet allergy. Scrambling at the last minute, I located the Rodeway Inn on my Iphone. It is listed as a two star hotel, but the price was good and we were too tired to do anything else. The room was no frills but the price was right and we enjoyed a good night's sleep. Got there around 9 pm, spent the night, and checked out early the next morning.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank LilMizMargi
Reviewed 23 August 2012

The entire place is dirty. The rooms smelled like mold. The air conditioners were coated with dirt and dust. Horrible experience. I wasn't expecting much for the price but I was expecting clean. Worst hotel I have ever stayed in...Hire and maid and clean.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank mjarrard
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I stayed here one week the staff was rude I asked for coffee three people told me no! the room smelled like mold and at night we did not dare to go outside you get what you pay for

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank starlab123
Reviewed 12 March 2012

This place it's trash. It is drug and prostitute infested, the management is well aware of this and does nothing about it. The rooms smell l like they haven't been cleaned in years. The management is the rudest I have ever dealt with. They say you can't have visitors and if you do they threaten to have them arrested. I left after 3 hours of being there. I wouldn't recommend this place to an enemy. I

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Opres
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Booked this via Priceline on a roadtrip home. The motel is definately older but rooms are spacious, bed was comfortable, had fridge and microwave. Saw a large pool and hot tub outside. Since it was less than 25% of the cost of the motel we had stayed at the night before and had most of the same amenities it seemed like a bargain

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Orange Park
Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fleming Island
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Orange Park

Been to Parkway Inn Jacksonville? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Parkway Inn Jacksonville

Address: 300 Park Ave, Orange Park, FL 32073-2904 (Formerly Rodeway Inn & Conference Center)
Region: United States > Florida > Orange Park
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Orange Park
Price Range: £39 - £46 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Parkway Inn Jacksonville 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Parkway Inn Jacksonville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Rodeway Inn Orange Park