“Stuffy room!”

Parkway Inn Jacksonville
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Orange Park
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Found roach in lobby bathroom when we first arrived. It was super early in the morning after driving all night. Checked room out before purchase to check for cleanliness. Decided to keep reservation for two nights bc we didn't find any bugs in the room. However the room was so stuffy u couldn't sleep. The noises from other guests kept u up the rest of the time. Woke up sick from not being able to breathe in the room. Mold/ mildew present and cleanliness is at a bare minimum. Looks pretty sketchy from outside. Ice is available. Shower was fine. Burn marks on blankets. Pets are allowed for an extra fee which is prb why u can't breathe in the room. You get what u pay for I guess. The price was pretty cheap! If you don't have allergies I'm sure u will be fine to sleep here a night. Other than that I wouldn't personally stay here esp for an extended stay.

• Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The "characters" in the parking lot should have been the first clue. The room smelled of mildew, and showed signs of it in the bathroom. A/C was very inadequate. No towels. Left and got a room at the Best Western. It was wonderful! Lost the 45 bucks at Roadway,and paid much more there, but it was worth it. You truly get what you pay for.My wife and son didn't feel safe, so no way am I going to recommend this place, unless you need a serious reality check, sort of like the show "Scared Straight".

Room Tip: Go some place else!!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I have stayed at many choice hotels over the years and have always been very impressed with the quality,cleanliness, and the courteousness of the staff. However I have never been so disgusted with a hotel in my life. First of all the neighborhood was completely scary. Hardly any lighting in the parking lot at all. We were scared to get out of the car with our kids. It looked like a place you would be attacked. Secondly,the staff was very rude, made me wait at the desk at 1 a.m. till he found a stopping point in his reading material before he even came to the front. No greeting just gave me a what do you want type of look. He also could not communicate with us and had such a thick accent that I could not understand what he was saying. We drove around the hotel with 2 sleepy children for 30 minutes looking for our room before we had to turn back and go to the lobby for directions again because he didn't explain that the room was in the middle of the complex and not on the outside. After we finally found the room we went inside and it was damp and smelled weird. The carpet and bed looked dirty I wouldn't let my children sleep on the linens I had to bring my own blankets out of the car to have them sleep on those. I wouldn't even let them undress It felt so gross in there. The water pressure in the shower was terrible and if i hadn't just driven for 10 hours I wouldn't have even wanted to get in there. Also the air conditioner wouldn't come on and in Florida that is a must. When we called about it we were sent a nice man to come fix it, which he did, but since he couldn't speak english we never really were sure what made us swelter for an hour in that musty nasty room. No apology for inconvenience nothing. We stayed for 4 hours and then left. I just couldn't take it anymore. This place has no business being under choice's listings of hotels in my opinion.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Stacy S
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Massive drug use. Had a room with a door leading to the next room. Smoke seeping thought the door cracks, prostitutes all over the place. Room smelled horrible. Asked for another room the man at the front desk told me extremely rudely this is the weekend. People come here to party. Excuse me. They are allowing this there. No police anywhere in sight. Completely disgusting. Like I said I would rather sleep in my car then stay there again!!!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Jennifer W
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Rented a weekly rental a there no eyes in our stove just looked over it cause there is a microwave but then that didn't work as well call up front it took them til night to bring me aother one. Was told since I got a weekly I have to supply everything after it runs out. Can't have the continental breakfast, and have to make the towels last all week due to we can't get no more. Man sitting on the stairs selling drugs to people as there walking by. Can't even leave my room well my husbands at work due to men thinking everyone around here sells them self for money. Oh by the way only been here 3days now asked for a refund and was told no so stuck here but never again.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank ang1985
Reviewed 25 June 2013

This place is simply disgusting, you couldn't PAY ME to stay here again, the building needs to be condemned.
Mold everywhere, riff raff all over, seriously drugs being dealt all day outside.
relatively unsafe area.
Prostitution - not the good kind. lol

Room Tip: No room is good in this hotel
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank CJWBII
Reviewed 13 January 2013

My experience took place only a few minutes ago. Found this hotel through Tripadvisor while looking for "pet friendly" hotels. The first thing we notice when pulling into the hotel parking lot was the pimp and his prostitutes standing by the back fence. With this I assume there is a lot of drug activity and nasty prostitute sex happening in the rooms. Upon entering our room, the first thing we noticed was the awful moldy smell. It smelled like an abandoned house. The carpets were disgusting, stained, and ripped. The bedding smelled like dust and had lots of long and short hair. The shower was rusted and had mold around the drain. The walls were dented in and looked like somebody flicked blood on the bathroom wall. It was so bad we decided to not stay and check out early. The only good part about my experience is when the clerk said she understood how bad the rooms are and that we can expect a full refund. Well, instead of the refund they double-charged our bank account. Instead of getting our money back, which she said she didnt charge in the first place, they took out over $200.00 from our bank account. After calling corporate we did get it all back. Please do not stay here. It is dirty and located in an awful area. Don't bring your children here. It is not safe.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family