“Great time was had by all!”
Review of Taverna Opa

Taverna Opa
Reserve with OpenTable
Taverna Opa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #270 of 3,894 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sand Lake and International Dr.
Transit: I-Trolly stop #24
Description: We offer an assortment of traditionally prepared dishes of fresh seafood, premium cut meats, and a unique wine selection to complement our menu. Our unique take on dining incorporates celebration and good times to our delicious Mediterranean menu. We encourage you to participate! Jump in the Zorba, our traditional line dance, or dance alongside the belly dancer while a confetti of napkins surrounds you. As the hours pass the night transcends to a more sophisticated nightlife, led by our live DJ spinning a variety of Greek, Spanish, and Top 40 Hits. Fresh seafood and steak along with our nightly entertainment has made Taverna Opa the top destination dining venue in Orlando. Remember, the night’s not over until the ouzo runs out!
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Excellent food, service and atmosphere, a real "experience", from the dancing on the tables, the napkin tossing to the belly-dancer!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,057)

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Definitely a unique experience. Fantastic classic greek food, loud traditional music (OPA!), belly dancers... Recommend the family style meals where they have different selections from $25 to $60 per person....then you all share and get to sample everything. We got the middle of the road priced one and must have been 6 or 7 courses total. VERY FUN.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The food and service was very good. Loved the entertainment, gave the restaurant such fun energy! My Son took me the weekend before mothers day to celebrate as we were both in Orlando from different cities. I think this was one of the Best mothers day gifts so far!

1  Thank dyamon
Reviewed 18 June 2014

THE best Greek food I have EVER tasted ....... EVER is at the Taverna Opa.
I recently had a short break in Orlando and found myself on International Drive (9101 suite 2240) or in the plaza that housed many restaurants.
We fancied Greek and decided to go here.
WELL ....... OMG if you are in this area ...... Go there! Just do it! You will be amazed!
We went for lunch on two different occasions.
They bring up Hummus .....and pita .... Free.
I ordered Octopus from the appetizer menu. THE most delicious thing I have tasted in a LONG while.
The Hummus was unbelievable.
Then we ordered Kleftiko and Pastitso. Our server Aras a delightful guy told me the origins of the dish.
It's a Robbers dish, cooked in paper, underground and back in the days this was to not expose their position to the town nearby and possible discovery.
Aras was attending a cooking course and was soooo knowledgeable about Greek food, as were ALL the staff. His passion was fantastic.
Two days later we went there for lunch again ...... (Going Cold Turkey for Greek food ...... It's a terrible thing LOL)
This time we had a selection of appetizers and a pitcher of a fantastic cocktail.
And OMG ..... it was unbelievable.
Spent 3 hours eating, drinking, talking with the staff and the Owner ( who said he was general manager (Ooooo you fibber LOL) but his passion exposed him LOL)
I am TOTALLY in love with the food the staff and the passion.

If you are in Orlando and like Greek food or want to experience something different and at the top of its game ....... go and eat there ....... It's STELLAR,
I shall be back ....... even where I live 2hrs away it would be worth the trip for the day.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great food, really fresh & tasty. Especially the hummus! Staff are good, really on the ball. We sat outside as the music wasn't as loud so we could still have a conversation. We had the kebabs which we really enjoyed. All in all a really great meal.