“Amazing - Something for Everyone ”

Universal Studios Florida
Ranked #8 of 457 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This vast complex houses two theme parks (Universal Studios, for movie rides, and Islands of Adventure, for thrills), an entertainment/nightlife complex (CityWalk) and a variety of hotels. You can buy passes for admission to the parks or just visit the bars, restaurants and stores on the CityWalk.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift, Lockers / storage, Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had an amazing 10 day holiday - visiting all 3 Universal Parks!! My mum n dad (who don’t do rides) enjoyed walking round, taking it all in, the shows and parades just as much we did!! They actually even went on a few rides!! A great family holiday - just as amazing as the first time we visited ( this is our third and won’t be our last time ),, the park
Itself it very clean, lots of staff around to help with any issues and everyone is soo
Friendly! It’s worth buying the refillable drinks at $14.99 and $8.50 for additional
Days (1 between u is fine as you can top up every 10 minutes and there are loads of cold refreshing drinks to choose from) you have to try coke icee slush - surprisingly it was very refreshing although a little strange at first!! The pizza pretzel is also delicious!! Can’t wait to return!!

1  Thank RachieShillito
UOGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Universal Studios Florida, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Rachie,
Thank you for your review. I am happy to read that you had such a great time exploring Universal Studios Florida with your family. I hope you got the chance to experience Universal Orlando's Horror Make-Up Show as it is one of my favorite shows in the park. I am also pleased to read that you enjoyed some of our unique food offerings in the park. Thank you again and I hope to see you back to ride the movies again soon!
-Tori

Write a ReviewReviews (33,235)
All reviews
in 1,484 reviews
"wait times"
in 763 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We booked this holiday well in advance and planned a lot of Disney and young kid activity. My husband wanted to go to universal so we booked a flex ticket with sea world etc . My kids loved it!! There was loads that they could do, they enjoyed all the splash pads in the Seuss landings area and the curious George and Barney areas too. If you have little kids and it's stopping you booking here. Don't let it , mine were 7 and 3!!

1  Thank nkurn

Hi there,
Thank you for sharing your experience with me. I am thrilled to read that you and your family had such a wonderful time vacationing with us. I am especially pleased that your children enjoyed Woody Woodpecker's KidZone. This is the best area at Universal Studios Florida for small children, so I am happy that they enjoyed it so much! Thank you again and I hope to welcome you all back for more family fun in the future!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Extremely clean and friendly service. All the ride were amazing and Harry Potter world was awesome. Rides were geared more for older children.

2  Thank patcyndi

Hi,
Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased to read that you had such a lovely time experiencing our many unique attractions. I hope you got the chance to experience Men in Black: Alien Attack, as it is one of my favorite rides in the park and a great way to take a break from the Florida heat! Thank you again for your kind words and I do hope to welcome you back to ride the movies with us again very soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Wow, our visit to Universal Studios Florida was a great time. Lots to do in short time (if you don’t have the express pass). Universal Express is definitely worth it. Rip Ride Rockit is good if you like getting hit around (I’m not a fan of that style ride),but people liked it. Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem was super fun, the theming was really good, it made you feel like you were in Gru’s House. The Minions were awesome and there was a photo op with one (they’re pretty interactive and fun), once you got off the ride. Transformers: 3-D was pretty good, awesome theming, queue made you feel like you were there. The Mummy was a great coaster/simulator hybrid (spoiler alert: there is a good amount of fire and you will feel a little hot afterwards if you ride in the front row). Leaky Cauldron is a good choice to eat lunch or dinner. In Diagon Alley they sell ice cream (signature flavors, Butterbeer, peanut butter and strawberry),at Fortescue’s Ice Cream Parlor. Definitely ride Escape from Gringotts at least once because that is the best Harry Potter-themed ride at this park and Islands of Adventure (Hogsmeade).Men In Black: Alien Attack was a nice ride (shoot ‘em up type ride). If you cannot fit everything in, definitely skip the Simpsons Ride (everyone who I was with didn’t understand the plot and it didn’t have a good vibe to it). Shrek 4-D is also skippable (the plot line felt watered down [in my opinion] and stereotypical, the bucking seats in Shrek 4-D were a nuisance. Someone who I was with bought 3 Ollivanders wands, one of the boxes got dented by the seats bucking up and down). Shrek’s preshow is better than the ride- also the ride’s screens are outdated compared to the rest of the park. Skip Simpsons, Shrek, and Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon. SKIP THAT RIDE! The queueing was horrible, the line time online is “5 minutes”, sitting around watching Tonight Show clips for 15 minutes, and once our color flashed, we just stood there for a good 10 minutes. The line took about 35-40 minutes (7-8 times the posted wait time). Still, the pros outweigh the cons. I like the potential as well for this park with a Nintendo Land coming into where Woody Woodpecker’s KidZone currently is. The new land will be open around 2021. ET Adventure (A classic), will stay, but everything else (Everything Woody Woodpecker, Barney, Fievel’s Playland, etc, will all be gone). This park is awesome and you will have a good time if you take my advice

1  Thank MikeFootball

Hi Mike,
Thank you for taking the time to share this incredibly thorough review with me. I am simply ecstatic to read that you had such a wonderful time vacationing with us at Universal Studios Florida. I am especially pleased to read that you enjoyed many of our attractions, including Revenge of the Mummy and Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts. These are two of my favorite rides in the park, so I'm happy you loved them too! However, I am disappointed to read that you did not enjoy some of our other attractions, including Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, Shrek 4-D, and The Simpsons Ride. If you wish to provide additional feedback about your visit, I do encourage you to call 407-224-4233, option 4, or send an email along with your TripAdvisor username to GuestServices@universalOrlando.com. Thank you and I hope to see you visiting us again!