“Seemed very slow and boring”

Richard Petty Driving Experience
More attraction details
Owner description: Drive or ride shotgun in a NASCAR race car at Disney World Speedway!Take command of the wheel and experience real speed first-hand by driving a NASCAR race car around the mile-long, tri-oval racetrack! You're in for the thrill of a lifetime as you test your driving skills during one of our 8, 18 or 30 lap programs.Looking to enjoy the ride from the passenger's seat? Experience real life racing excitement as you ride shotgun in a 2-seat NASCAR race car driven by one of our professional driving instructors during your 3-lap qualifying run. You'll quickly learn what it takes to compete in NASCAR as you reach speeds up to 140 MPH.
Auburn, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Seemed very slow and boring”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I went for the ride along and told the driver not to hold nothing back and scare me. The drive to get to the track seemed faster to me felt like he was on a Sunday drive to me. I drove race cars for 15 years at my local tracks and was bored at the track Walt Disney World Speedway. Was hoping I would get some kind of thrill out of it but found it very disappointing will not be doing that again.

Visited April 2014
8 Thank davidvouaux

Rutherford, nj
“Best Time in Orlando!!!!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

The Petty Driving Experience is one of the greatest venues in Orlando!
They run a class act driving experience which is second to none!
So if you're planning a family vacation to Orlando, put Petty on your list of things that you MUST do!
Jerz Viper!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great gift”
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Me and my kids bought a ride for my husband. He had a great experience. Everyone there was so friendly

1 Thank jeanette c
Dubuque, Iowa
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great fun for my son”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My son is 10, so riding in a real race car around Disney Speedway was a great start to our trip. He was excited and the staff and drivers made it fun and very easy for him to enjoy

Visited March 2014
2 Thank lukey73
San Francisco, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fun fun and more fun”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

As a once in a lifetime experience the really rates way up top. This was an anniversary gift for hubby. We where really impressed by the staff . It was a wonderful experience 8 laps of pure goodness for ol ' folks. We went the day after the sprint cup. They had flown in staff from Phoenix and had drivers from all over to accommodate the packed schedule. They thought of everything they even have tennis shoes if you forgot yours haha. Didn't feel rushed or ignored the whole time. Professional drive trainer Art was really good at showing you the ropes. Maintain and the really good part of "go faster" went 138 mph. What an experience. Can't wait to to repeat the thrill of the track some time in the future.

Visited March 2014