“we had a WILD time!”

Ranked #9 of 421 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: "The largest of the 4 theme parks at Walt Disney World Resort, Disney's Animal Kingdom park is filled with attractions, adventures and entertainment that reflect Walt Disney's dedication to nature and conservation. The park leads the way in animal care, education and research—for an enchanting experience that blends learning with family fun.Home to more than 1,700 animals from 250 species and sprawling across 500 acres of lush landscape, Disney's Animal Kingdom park is the biggest animal-themed park in the world!Disney's Animal Kingdom park is divided into 7 areas:OasisDiscovery Island® areaCamp Minnie-MickeyAfricaRafiki's Planet Watch® areaAsiaDinoland, U.S.A.® areaEncounter rare and majestic animals—and get close enough to pet some of them! Exciting attractions await, along with live and wild entertainment like Broadway-style musical shows and parades that invite you to be part of the excitement.From the spectacular scenery of the African savanna—where you may spot zebras, elephants and hippos—to the high-altitude, roller coaster thrills of Expedition Everest® in Asia, global adventures abound at Disney's Animal Kingdom park.
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“we had a WILD time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

There were 19 of us and 12 of those were kids ranging in age 1 yr to 18yrs. We had a blast! i recommend going EARLY for two reasons, the animals are up eating and doing what animals do and the lines are very short. We knew we wanted to go on the safari ride and Mt. Everest which were on opposite ends of the park. As soon as we entered the park, we asked for help about deciding what were the 'must see's and do's', then we went to the fast pass station, picked our 3 rides and headed off. the safari line got long really quickly. The ride was informative and entertaining and then we went to Everest and it was a bumpy thriller, another long line. Then we enjoyed the rest of the park at our leisure. would go back and would recommend.

2 Thank luvadealmom

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Cool Safari”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

This was the first time I had ever been, I just went yesterday with some friends. We got there really early and was able to go on the Safari ride as soon as we got there. It was so amazing to see such beautiful animals out walking around like that and not in cages or anything. I love that they are so concerned with wildlife preservation. I hope they use most of the money it costs to get in this place toward it. Next we went to ride the river log ride, but it was broken down, so we went to the petting zoo and animal hospital area. By the time we got out, all the rides became really long, like an hour and a half wait, so I didn't get to go on the roller coaster, log ride or anything like that, we finished the day off at the Rainforest Cafe, almost $20 for just a hamburger and fries and just water to drink. I give it only 3 stars because after my experience, I think the place is quite overpriced and I didn't even get to experience the whole place because of it being overcrowded. The Safari ride was the best part.

Visited June 2014
Louisiana
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“If you like the Zoo this is a park for you.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Don't get me wrong, I like the zoo, but I found this park to be a glorified zoo. The cast members were awesome as usual. The Dinosaur attraction, Safari and the Tucker house restaurant was my favorite parks of this park. We finished the park in about a half a day and if we didn't have dinner reservations at the Rainforest Cafe we would have left early and gone to another park. This park has a lot to offer with the different cultures in each area. It is worth experiencing but I think most people could do this park and use a hopper pass to go spend the afternoon at another park.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Very true to life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Went to Nemo. Risked the Mt Everest rollercoaster, very aggressive. Amazed my vertigo didnt get upset. Never again but an experience we had never had. Animal Safari was a very realistic experience.

Dickinson, North Dakota
“very fun place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

defiantly worth spending a day there! awsome go and check it out, just be prepared to walk. All the shows are very fun

Visited June 2014