“Gators, Sneaks, Birds”

Gatorland General Admission Ticket
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Gatorland features 3,000 gators and 89 crocodiles, as well as a number of bird and snake exhibits.
High Point
436 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 189 helpful votes
“Gators, Sneaks, Birds”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Gators and more Gators ,baby's to very large also have some albinos here
Nice set up that they have here with shows
There staff in very informing in shows
You'll need about 3-4 hours to run through everything here

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Gator heaven and so much more”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Not just gators but lovely birds. Check out the white alligators...very rare indeed. The parakeet room is adorable where birds fly freely and land on your feet ...so cool. Zipline if you dare...not this kid!!

Visited June 2014
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great but.....”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

If you hate people doing mean things to animals (especially gators) don't come to this park. I went to Gatorland on June the 30th and I felt so bad for the gators, during the gator jumping show it was good do not get me wrong but I did not like how the "Trainee" staff members were slapping one of the gators on the head in between the eyes. There was about 30 gators in one cage and just to get food they had to jump, hardly any could and most of the hungry gators were starting to go after the local birds they had on site. This show never changed, we had to watch it twice because of a thunder storm and it was the same show, only thing that had changed was the costumes used other than that they were on the same stereotypical hillbilly script.

During the alligator wrestling show was worse, they dragged an alligator out of the water by its tail and started jumping on it while it shook its head to signal them to stop. Which in their words replied with "Yes we shall carry on" while they kept jumping on it so it shut up to tape its mouth up. Then it had to endure a 10 minute line for photos of it with its head shoved up in the air and on the keeper. After 5 minutes it was flailing about and then it took 2 other keepers to jump on its back to stop it from doing it. Not good when little kids are about. During the actual wrestling they dragged another alligator out of the water by its tail forcefully, not gently but forcefully causing it to growl and hiss angrily. This time luckily nobody was jumping on its back, but they were scaring it by whipping the wooden fence post, it was insane and I tried to watch the entire duration of the show. It was tough to watch but it was "wrestling" after all.

It was a very, very rainy day and me in flip flops without a spare pair of shoes was like being in a real life Tomb Raider game. I nearly slipped and fell on a giant blue line they had in the middle of the path, which became extremely slippy in wet weather. Also during the dirt foot paths you had to jump over giant flooded areas and nearly come into contact with poison ivy. EEP! I have infected eczema and I got mud all inside the cut that is in the middle of my toe, painful? Yes.

Come as you please if you like what I have just mentioned, just be warned that its $10 to have a photo at alligator wrestling, but the photo is not included. $20 for a picture of an alligator with a snake and way more added extras.

Its a great park, don't get me wrong just be warned with what happens to the gators.

2 Thank Lucyj96
Fulda, Germany
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“An Oldie, but a Goodie!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I remember going to this attraction when I was a child. I am now over 50. My sister, my teen child and I went to Gatorland and had a great day. We saw the alligator wrestling and all the birds. The albino gators were huge and very interesting. It rained heavily toward the end of our visit and so we did not get to ride the train. All in all, it was a very nice trip. We enjoyed the park.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank SRGermany2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fantastic value for money”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

As 2 adults and not interested in any of the main parks we decided to visit Gatorland just to get a bit closer to the wildlife without paying for the rides . What a fantastic day out we had here thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience . The staff from the kiosk to the demonstrators were informative but not condescending and amusing with it . In a place were everything is geared up for children this was a haven for both adults and children alike just can't rate the park or the whole experience enough . Well done Gatorland x

Visited June 2014