“Not My Thing, but Great Park”

Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park
Ranked #22 of 439 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: "Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park, one of 2 Water Parks in Walt Disney World Resort, features one of the world's tallest and fastest free-falling waterslides, as well as slides and rides for the whole family—like a kid-sized, snow-castle fountain play area with scaled-down versions of the more thrilling attractions.
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I don't like the speed slides, or water rides with the mats (I don't know why), so there wasn't much for me. However the guy loves it.

It's clean and very well themed (like all of Disney). There wave pool is smaller but it can get intense. So depending on what you like, this park can me great or so-so. But that's not the parks fault. :P

Write a ReviewReviews (6,109)

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Awsome rides, great fun going up and down the slopes. Only thing to be carefull is the tidal pool. The floor tries to imitate sand and is so ruggedy that my daughter got and enourmous bruise.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

My family is a water family. We love the beach, pools, water parks. Blizzard Beach is a total blast for my family. We have been here 6 times, three different years/vacations. This is not your normal water park … this is a Disney water park, and it is well done. First tip … go early. If you are first, or one of the first in line before the park opens, you may be chosen to go down Summit Plummit BEFORE the park opens. Loads of fun. Second tip: Bring a cooler or two. You will save loads of money making your own lunches and eating your own snacks. My kids are always hungry, so this was a must for us. Tip 3: bring a small chalkboard or notebook, and leave it at your "home base", where your towels, and lounges are. This way, if you all separate and go your own ways, have everyone check in once an hour and update where they are going to (wave pool, lazy river, etc.) or you will can spend too much time looking for each other. You can buy a soda mug that is refillable, which is a great deal. We usually go in December, so its not crowded and a bit chilly, but the upside is that there are no lines or waiting. As with all things Disney, this park is clean, colorful, staff is well trained and friendly, top notch all the way!

1  Thank lauraBlinkman
Reviewed 14 May 2014

If you're after hitting as many different thrill rides as possible, you'd probably be happier at Wet N Wild. On the other hand, if you're looking for a great relaxed afternoon with fun rides this is the place for you. We make a point of visiting Blizzard whenever we're in Orlando and enjoy it every time!

I've found that spending three hours is about right.. I can't see spending the entire day there.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We enjoyed our day at Blizzard Beach as we moved around the park easily via the lazy river (although it is very shallow). When one line became too long, we moved on to another and during the really busy periods, we simply went to the wave pool or lazy river. We experienced two areas of improvement: We arrived at the park with our Magic Band around our wrists as we were assured that we could pay for anything at the Disney resorts/parks with our band. However, to get into Blizzard Beach the 'cast member' we were buying our tickets from had to actually make a telephone call to our resort and get authorization from them to charge the admittance fee to our bands. Once that was approved we could then buy anything in the park using our Magic Bands, just not the tickets to actually get into the park (seems odd). Also, my Magic Band came off on one of the water slides and ended up in the bottom of a pool. I was assured that they would find my band and have it waiting at Guest Services at the end of the day. While it was in fact there, we had to wait in line for 30 minutes to retrieve it as there was only one person working the Guest Services window at the time the park was closing and a long line of people were waiting to add days to their passes, ask general questions and more than one person ;-) was picking up their "lost" Magic Bands. Overall, we had a great day!

1  Thank Jeffrey P