“Top notch”
Review of Epcot Divequest

Epcot Divequest
More attraction details
Owner description: Swim with sharks - as long as you have an open water scuba certificate.
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This is a very well run, organized outing. The staff is great and the facility is amazing. The dive equipment fits well and is good working order. Frankly, I wasn't too excited about diving in an aquarium but it ended up being a lot of fun. My girlfriend on the other hand absolutely LOVED it!! She would go every year if she could.

3  Thank FLBill
There are newer reviews for Epcot Divequest

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Just dove at Disney's DiveQuest,Orlando Florida. At Epcot there is a huge tank that is filled with some of most beautiful sea life, sea turtles, sharks, rays etc and it is a blast to dive! I do it about once a year, I give it 4/5 stars because Disney makes you buy a park ticket for friends or family who want to go up to the observation deck. I don't think that's right! The dive quest experience though is pretty great, the first part of the dive is a short class and video and a tour of the facilities,then you go to the locker room and get your suit on, you are then led to the diving platform where your gear is. The first 10 min or so you follow the DM while they film you then your turned loose under close supervision. The Restaurant is there so there's lots of people watching you and you can interact through the glass. The animals are great, even the sharks seem to like the divers. That part is pretty amazing. Pros- Get to dive with some great wildlife, Nice way to get back in the water if you haven't dove for a while, Cons- a little pricey about 185$, family members have to buy a park ticket so they can watch you, the dive is only 30 min in the water.

4  Thank Gbluzy335
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I've done this quite a number of times, and it the actual diving experience is always wonderful. Being able to interact with visitors and family through the glass makes it a unique experience. All equipment is supplied and is ready for you when arrive at the tank. Although I had some ear clearing problems, one of the support divers was happy to stay with me until the problem resolved itself. Although you aren't allowed to touch any of the sea life, you can take any sharks teeth you may find on the bottom. You also also get a backstage tour of some animal enclosures, some of which connect directly to the areas seen by everybody else. i didn't have any problems booking this over the phone whilst at the resort.

I noticed some changes since my last visit in 2009 - the glass 'bubble' divers use to take turns entering has gone. Also the quality of the included souviners has decreased. You used a get a DiveQuest T-Shirt and a certificate - these has been replaced by a cheap looking string bag (which from the logos on it is used for other backstage tours) and a conservation badge (similar ones are available in Animal Kingdom for $1).

Afterwards, you can watch a video of your dive, which you can buy. If you ask in advance, you have your partner or friend join you for this. I bought the DVD for the first time - the video has segments highlighting each member of the group, so you will see more of yourself if you are in a small group of divers. They also film you interacting with people on the other side of the glass, so make sure you let your family know when you will be in the tank. The DVD only lasts around 15 minutes and my case, displayed the credits & faded out part way through a scene where we were watching a large grouper that had been coaxed out of its' lair - very annoying!.It's a shame they don't take any stills - these could easily be added as files on the DVD to print out later, or added to your Disney photopass.

5  Thank sahbuk
Reviewed 23 June 2013

It is not not easy to book as you have to call the reservations nr which at times has a waiting time of 30 mins. Eventually I tried late in the evening from my hotel and succeeded. For the true diving lover it is worth the effort and pretty high costs (approx 180 dollars). You get to do a dive in the big aquarium of Epcot (the living seas). The people in charge of this dive are super friendly and you get to wave at the guest (and family) at the other side of the window. This was my 3rd time and I still haven't had enough!

1  Thank Alexa t
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My girlfriend and I dove here over the memorial weekend. In my humble opinion this is a great experience for both seasoned and beginner divers. Crystal clear water, no current, and a wide variety of fish, rays, sharks, and 3 turtles. Like the Georgia aquarium dive, it would take several reef/wreck dives to see all beautiful creatures this place has to offer. Plus you get to interact with the people at the restaurant and touring the aquarium. Like so many others have stated you feel like part of the show. After a brief backstage tour and signing the wavier you suit up and jump in. The staff take care of everything. They are all very helpful and friendly. You play follow the leader for about 10 minutes so they can capture you on camera. After that you are free to go anywhere you wish (just not near the dolphin section). We had several very close encounters with some of the large sharks. I don’t care if they are conditioned or not, it made me a little nervous! Our dive lasted exactly 40 minutes and that was perfect. After the dive you get a nice hot shower with shampoo and soap provided. The cost is a little cheaper than the Georgia aquarium dive. And they say that all of it goes toward their conservation efforts. So not only do you get to be a part of Disney magic your contribution helps keep a lot of programs running. We bought the DVD ($35). And just like the one we have from the GA aquarium I will utilize a little PC skill and print several still images of our dive experience. Snip it Rocks! After the dive we walked around the world and had dinner in Italy. We could have stayed for the fireworks but decided to head back to our hotel in Daytona. If you are a certified diver looking for something a little different, I would highly recommend this.

6  Thank Dave A