“The best aquarium diving experience you'll get.”
Review of Epcot Divequest

Epcot Divequest
More attraction details
Owner description: Swim with sharks - as long as you have an open water scuba certificate.
Reviewed 12 August 2014

When we did our first aquarium dive (which was not at Disney), the instructor asked who had been diving in an aquarium before then asked who had been diving at Disney. He told the one person who's hand was still up "please do not expect this to be like Disney". When I heard that, my husband and I both agreed that the next time we were in Disney World, we were doing it. We got the opportunity to do it this past January, and it did not disappoint!

First, compared to other aquariums dives, I found the cost of Divequest pretty reasonable, especially when you consider the types of animals you are diving with: sharks, turtles, etc. The dive itself was so much fun. While I enjoyed having the sharks swim around us, my favorite part was interacting with the kids in the aquarium restaurant. You also get a behind the scenes tour of the aquarium which was awesome! The locker rooms have showers with everything you need to wash up and go back out to the park: shampoo, body wash, towels, hair dryers and lockers. So no need to bring anything extra into the park. The only thing I would say to make sure you bring is a trash bag that you can throw your wet clothes in when you are done.

If you are with family or friends, they can go into the aquarium and watch you/take pictures. That is really the only way to get pictures of your time in the tank.

We had a blast and will definitely be doing it again!

3  Thank aboyer8
There are newer reviews for Epcot Divequest

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

This was my first aquarium dive and I loved every minute of it. I enjoyed the behind the scenes portion, but the dive was amazing.

I loved being onstage and interacting with guests. People wanted me in photos with their family members and I loved high fiving kids thru the thick glass.

Sea turtles, sharks, rays, and beautiful fish are easily seen on the dive. But for me, seeing my kids get excited watching me dive was the best experience of my trip.

2  Thank Dustin R
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My husband and I experienced the Epcot Dive Quest in June 2013. We really enjoy diving and have been to many places in the world, but this was our first time diving in a tank with such a controlled environment.

The set up is amazing and the tank really is enormous. The staff were extremely friendly and the entire process was smooth and fun.

It was really an experience that will last in our minds forever. Being surrounded by so many different species and seeing so many different things all at once - it really overwhelms the senses!

The videographer made a wonderful video of our experience and did a good job capturing everyone that was in the water. I was worried that because there were so many different families there, that it would not be worth it to purchase the video because we would not be in it enough...that was incorrect thinking because they did a really good job at being fair and getting everyone a similar amount of video time.

It was so neat to see the children's faces through the tank glass - filled with excitement and wonder at the divers in the water. We even played "rock, paper, scissors" with them through the glass. :-)

We had such a nice time on this excursion that we are doing it again in December 2014 with our family. I recommend it to all!

4  Thank Lanzen
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband and I did this a few years ago and loved it. We met someone on a cruise once while diving and he told us all the places he dove. some incredible places in the World. He said his best dive was divequest. I can understand that. You see so much stuff at 1x its amazing. We need to do this again when we visit Orlando. If you are a diver any level you definitely need to book this. You will LOVE IT

2  Thank Nicole K
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have been scuba diving for over 15 years and I have to say this experience was amazing. Perfect water conditions, plenty of fish, sharks and turtles to see but interacting with the guest that are watching you is so much fun!

2  Thank Scubajunkie43