“Great course-Staff needs an attitude check”

Disney's Osprey Ridge Golf Course
More attraction details
Owner description: Disney's Osprey Ridge Golf Course at Walt Disney World Resort features dramatic golf holes that cut through stands of live oak, pine, palmetto, cypress and bay trees. Recognized as a Certified Audubon Cooperative Wildlife Sanctuary, the surrounding vegetation and wetlands serve as a breathtaking backdrop for a championship course that blends all the majesty of nature with the superb design by Tom Fazio. Golf Digest recognizes Disney's Osprey Ridge as one of the best in Florida, rating it 4½ stars.This sweeping 18-hole course is arguably one of the most tranquil locales in all of Walt Disney World Resort. It boasts 7,101 yards from the longest tees for a par of 72—making Disney's Osprey Ridge suitable for serious and recreational golfers who seek a challenge.
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This course was so awesome to play with my 17 year old son but the staff did everything they could to ruin it. Booked through our Disney resort and told them 4 times that we needed rental clubs and after paying and going down to get our cart the guy ask where my clubs are. I told him I need some and he sent me back up stairs to pay. This was day one that got rained out and then when we came back 2 days later they did it again and to make matters worse the guy booked us for the wrong day and we had to wait an hour to get on the course. An hour wasted on a trip packed with stuff to do is a lot but no apologies just attitude. This course is being taken over by the Four Season and I hope they look at replacing the staff.

5  Thank warrenwb

Reviewed 24 May 2013

Disney's Osprey Ridge is one of the most beautiful Golf courses that I have played. Well maintained, challenging layouts and fast , yes I said fast greens. The 18th par 3 hole is a great way to finish a round. Enjoyed paying the DVC card rate better than the new discounted DVC rate. Another DVC perk taken away, just like the free valet parking (15.00 now). Glad my foursome got to play this course one more time if they are truly taking it away.

2  Thank O2Rocker
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Arnold Palmer Management? The worst experinces I've ever had at golf course/club. Several incidents were unimaginable. I highly recommend Magnolia and Palms. Disney must pay for the top talent to work there and it shows. Well managed, professional, competent and in character. Refreshing...what you would expect from Disney.

1  Thank Orlandofungolf
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I am an average golfer, 9 handicap, and Osprey Ridge was very suitable for my game. The course has a great layout and is not too long, I played from the Crest(white) tees, 6571 yards. I am not a long driver, about 230 to 240 yards, and it was perfect for my distance. The fairways and greens were in perfect shape. The greens rolled fast even though the course was a little soft after all the rain Florida has been getting over the past few weeks.
The staff was very friendly and made me feel welcome at their course. Scott, Director of Golf, came and greeted us after our round and asked if we enjoyed our round and the course, very friendly.
I will definitely be back to play this course. Thank you for the great experience.

1  Thank jeff75kim
Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

If you are hungry on your way to the Magic Kingdom, try the Sand Trap Bar and Grill at Osprey. It's hidden over by Fort Wilderness. They have burgers, wraps, and a salads. The club sandwich with chips is excellent. Service and scenery are very nice, and two can eat a relaxing and relatively healthy meal for around $20. View is a little obstructed with hotel construction, but still pleasant. So, next time instead of rushing to a crowded place in the Kingdom, give this place a shot!