“another great stay”

Ranked #91 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
upstate ny
“another great stay”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

thank you worldquest we came feb 16 till the 25 we reservered building 1 4th floor as always and thanks for another wonderful time,me and my daughter love this place and will always go here.like to say thanks for keeping this property looking good

1 Thank upstatenyman67
WorldQuestOrlando11, General Manager at WorldQuest Orlando Resort, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you, UpstateNY for the return visit! This is my 4th year at WorldQuest Resort and it is nice to see so many familiar faces returning.

Tim P. Gross

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Great location, pool, service, staff, & accomodations. Stayed 2/14-2/19/2014 in bldg #1, unit 304, 2 adults and 4 kids. Pool noise wasn't as bad as the reviews would have you believe. The resort is well maintained and beautiful. Continenntal Breakfast was great for my family. All fees were fully explained at check-in & during my initial reservation call. My bill came in less than the fee that I was quoted when I made the reservation. I was actually nervous about this trip because of all the nit-picky reviews, but the resort was better than I ever expected. Perfect for a large family on a budget that wants something better than a hotel room with some of the comforts of home.

Room Tip: Bldgs 1,2,& 3 if you have kids and want the pool close by.
1 Thank Jim P
Dear Jim P,

Thank you for the kind words! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to your next visit to WorldQuest.

Tim Gross
Curitiba - Brasil
Reviewed 6 March 2014

before I booked I asked if there was any charge for delivering packeges there, and I was informed that there wasn't. When I arrive 3 of my packages were missing, receved by hotel staff (same person, different couriers) but nobody seams to know and the hotel was not responsabile for it.
So, if you go there don't send anything! the "fee" can be the whole thing!

8 Thank Love_to_travel11111
Dear Love to Travel111,

I apologize for your experience of not receiving all of your packages. We currently have some unclaimed packages and I would like to see if any of these are yours.
Please give a call to the resort and I will be more than pleased to personally check for you.

Respectfully,

Richmond Hill, Canada
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I visited WorldQuest Resort for 8 nights in late February with my wife, two kids (5 and 2) and my in laws. In a previous trip to Orlando my wife and I had stayed at Floridays with our son, and wanted to go back there, but our search for a 3 bedroom unit led us here. I was a little wary at first, but it was ~$50/night less than Floridays so I though we would try it. I paid ~$1500 all in.

Location: Excellent location if you are visiting Disney - less than 15 mins to all the parks. Lots of food/shopping options and Downtown Disney was close as well (less than a $20 cab ride for parents looking for a night out). The resort is hard to find and not well signed - look for the Nickelodeon hotel and it's behind there.

Check In: No problem. Even though the reservation was in my name, my in-laws were able to check in before I arrived around 4pm. Apparently the first unit they were given in building 5 wasn't ready, so they were moved to building 3 close to the pool.

Rooms: BIG. We had a 3 BR / 2 Bath unit. It had everything you would expect in a hotel, a tv in each of the bedrooms (although only 1 DVD player), and a well stocked kitchen. All the rooms have a screened in balcony facing a pond, and we could see turtles swimming in there when it was sunny out.

Service: We opted for no housekeeping services because of the extra charges - similar to Floridays. They even charge to change the towels. With two kids the unit got kinda grubby, but my mother in law tidied up from time to time. We used the dryer for our towels, which was just ok.

We did have problems with out AC unit the first few days. When we arrived it wasn't working, so we called the front desk and someone from maintainance came along and fixed it. It stopped working again on day 2 and day 3 while we were out. It was quickly addressed each time and it worked fine for the next 5 days.

The pool area is great - big - lots of chairs - towels provided. There is a Tiki bar on the pool deck for drinks, and they play music during the day. This is not a zero entry pool, so we had to have floaties on the kids.

Free Breakfast - we only visited the main building for breakfast items twice during our stay, as we stocked up at the Walmart near by. We just picked up coffees, cereal, and pastries. It was busy in there, but they had no issue with us taking stuff back to our rooms. On nicer mornings you could eat outside near the pool.

They have a market pantry with items for sale in the main building as well - some food items, wine/beer, toiletries, etc. They also sell park tickets.

Wifi was free and worked great on all our devices - no password required.

All in all a good stay - I would recommend to families looking for 2 or 3 bedrooms.

7 Thank MikeInThornhill
Dear Mike in Thornhill,

Thank you for the detailed contribution on your recent stay... I am pleased that you enjoyed yourself and will be sure to share this with the staff!

Thank you!
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The good things about this resort: Great pool area. The two bedroom condo was great for having meals in, the hotel included a very good continental breakfast, and the service was incredibly quick when we would ask for something. Things would be delivered within 5 minutes -- very impressive! It was very clean. The two bedrooms each had their own bath which was great. Front desk staff were very personable and professional. Our two bedroom condo had a washer and dryer which was great. There is no restaurant on the location, but you can order a few light items from the bar at the pool. The hotel has some pool toys available for hotel guests and towels by the pool which is great.

What I did not like is that if you stay there, you definitely want your car or a rental because there are no stores or restaurants within walking distance. The mattresses were incredibly hard and cheap. I have slept on better beds at 3 star hotels. I am used to my pillow-top mattress. Kids probably don't mind, but I found them to be most uncomfortable. The pillows were equally terrible. Because of the beds, I am not sure I would return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Susan L
Dear Susan L,

Thank you for your comments. I am glad to see your positive thoughts on the resort, the pool area, the reception staff and the other areas you mentioned.
I agree with you that guests will need a car, or at least plan to have transportation arrangements. We are only a few minutes from Disney, but in a secluded natural area.
Thank you also for your feedback on the bed and pillows. We want all guests to have a good night of rest and will take your comments to heart and address them with our team.

Billerica, MA
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stayed at Worldquest Orlando for three night during February Vacation week and were really pleasantly surprised. I asked my husband how we could have that master bathroom in our own house - it was beautiful! Everything was nice and clean, staff was very helpful. Free continental breakfast is nothing special, but helpful if you want to grabs some bagels and creamcheese or cereal and head back to the room. Pool is beautiful and Donnie at the tiki bar was fabulous to talk to! For a larger family it is really the only way to go. It would have cost us triple the price in peak season just to happy adjoining rooms with no sitting area or amenities at a Disney value resort. Easy drive to all theme parks. Also, the washer and dryer in room would really allow you to just bring carry ons for everyone and pack a smaller amount of clothes. We made the mistake of checking ONE suitcase and it was delayed during a rushed connection that we didn't get until the next day. All in all, this was a great bang for the buck! Loved it!

1 Thank Jhutch
WorldQuestOrlando11, General Manager at WorldQuest Orlando Resort, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Family of 6,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your stay last week. I am very pleased that you and your family enjoyed it. Also, I would like to thank you for mentioning Donnie at the tiki bar. I share all guest comments with the staff, and yours will be no exception!

Tim Gross
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed in a two bedroom suite. Place was enormous, apartment-size, with two full bathrooms and full kitchen. Furniture was sparse, which augmented the hugeness of the place. Given that we were off visiting Disney and Universal during the day that did not matter. If you plan to spend more time in the room you may wish you had more seating space.

Note that there are no blankets for the beds. You get a bed sheet and the main bed cover (which I prefer not to use as a blanket for hygiene reason). Reception confirmed that blankets were not available. We it gets chilly outside you need to turn the heat on.

Resort is off on a property away from the main highway. Nice and quiet, but you want a car to access stores and restaurants (5-10 mins drives). No restaurant on site (continental breakfast is available in main lobby, convenient for people catching a shuttle to Disney or Universal. Pool Tiki bar was not open when we visited.

Lobby convenience store has a few necessities (milk, orange juice, cookies, frozen pizza, detergent) but best is to plan a stop at a grocery store (which will be a 5-10 mins drive).

Pool area was nice, with towels available at the pool.

Overall, this worked very well for us given that we had a car and just wanted a base to rest at between park outings. Prices are very reasonable considering size of place.

2 Thank Fabriceh
WorldQuestOrlando11, Guest Relations Manager at WorldQuest Orlando Resort, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Fabriceh,

I appreciate you taking the time to comment and share your tips. I will make sure to share your experience with our staff. It is refreshing to read how guests view our resort. I am glad you enjoyed your overall stay. Thank you kindly for choosing WorldQuest Orlando Resort!

Iris Resto