WorldQuest Orlando Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
2,155 results
All reviewsworld questthree bedroomfull kitchencontinental breakfastwasher and dryercleaning feebath condodisney parksstayed in buildingscreened in porchpool areatwin bedshot tubhome away from homecleaning servicefresh towelsminute drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 July 2010

If my family did not always stay in timeshares or condos when vacationing, I'd probably rate this property higher. Unfortunately, I cannot help comparing it to other places (especially the bright, clean, updated condo we recently rented in Murrells Inlet, SC).

We have been to Orlando nearly every summer and, as Marriott vacation club owners, have always stayed at one of Marriott's several timeshare properties there. This time, however, because of unexpected last-minute changes, we were unable to make an exchange for the exact dates needed. After considering several condo options, we decided to rent directly from the owners at World Quest.

Although the exterior of the property is aesthetically similar to Marriott's Grande Vista (albeit considerably smaller), the similarities end there. Unlike MGV or other Marriott properties, there really are no amenities. Rather than a marketplace, there's a small overly priced convenience store (similar to what you'd find in a hotel lobby) with limited food selections. There's also no real fitness center but, rather, a minuscule room with four machines. There is only one pool, which gets constant full-sun exposure, with very limited seating in the shade. The biggest drawback, however, is that the resort is situated near the highway, which means there's constant road noise.

As for the units themselves, they are rather dated and dimly lit at night. The living room area has a sofa that seats only two comfortably and two upholstered arm chairs. Fortunately, there were only four of us, but a larger group would not have adequate seating without dragging over one of the dining room chairs. The layout and placement of the television (which is bulky and old) also makes it difficult for anyone except those sitting on the sofa to have a decent viewing angle. Each of the three bedrooms, which also have outdated televisions, has a ceiling fan but no ceiling light, making them rather dark (even in the day when the draperies are drawn). In addition to the mattresses not being comfortable, the thin sheets are ill fitting and have to be repositioned every morning. Because the bathrooms, especially the shower in the master bath, are not well lit, they seem "dingy" even though they were clean enough. We also had to wash the towels after using them once because they felt as if they'd been washed in harsh institutional detergent and dried without fabric softener.

In sum, while our three-bedroom unit gave us the space we prefer, it lacked many of the luxuries to which we've become accustomed.

Reviewed 22 July 2010

In July we stayed at the World Quest Resort for the second time. When we come back to Orlando we will definately stay there again.

We are a family with 3 kids 7 years and younger. World Quest has everything we needed. Spacious appartments with laundry facilities and in-room jacuzzi. The pool is large, the complimentary breakfast is a nice treat, and the location close to Disney is very convinient.

Lastly - room prices are very decent.

So, staying in Orlando, no reason to go elsewhere

Reviewed 20 July 2010

We stayed here for a week for my daughters wedding. Everyone there from the front desk to housekeeping and security were amazing! The condo was immaculate and made us feel like it was our home away from home. We were all sad to leave and hope to go back again soon!

Reviewed 9 July 2010

Hold on tight this gonna be a long review about this place...We just got back from the Worldquest Resort, a family of 7. We stayed there for 10 nights. In my opinion, the only fantastic thing about this resort is 3 things: The distance from Disney parks, shopping, and the spaciousness of the rooms. We had a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom condo,and it was gorgeous! Granite countertops in the full size kitchen, and it was stocked with silverware, baking dishes, pots, pans, cups, glasses, everything you can think of that belong in a kitchen, it was there. When I say full size kitchen, I mean microwave, dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster, stove, and refrigerator,.. I loved it. Now, on to the rooms..HUGE livingroom which connected to the diningroom, ceiling fans in every room except 1 and bathrooms. Flat screen TV, DVD player... there was no carpet on the livingroom floors, and bathrooms, only carpet in the bedrooms. Master bedroom had a king size bed with 2 lamps on each side with TV and a en-suite bathroom....absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! My mouth fell open when I walked into that bathroom..the jetted tub was so big it looked like at least 2 or 3 people can get in it. The walk in shower was humungous as well; about 4 people can get in that. Granite counter tops in the bathroom with two sinks. The second bedroom had a queen sized bed in it, it was nice, and the 3rd bedroom had two double beds with an ensuite bathroom. There was a washer and dryer that was very nice to use.. There was also a screened balcony with sliding doors off the livingroom that displayed a lovely view of the disgusting swamp in the back of the resort. Please, Please, Please if you ever think of staying here request a room by the pool because if the staff decides to put you somewhere else, you will be disappointed. Here is where my complaining comes in: We did not sleep that well at night due to the uncomfortable beds, and the noisy freeway. The beds are toooooo soft. My fiance and I bodies hurt every morning when we woke up. I know as individuals we all have our preferences on what types of beds we consider comfortable, and we as people do not have the same classifications..well it felt like we were sinking in the bed, that's how soft they were. The linen on our beds looked thin, worned and old. It needs to be replaced. Every morning or in the middle of the night we had to put the fitted sheet back on our beds because it wouldn't stay on due to us tossing and turning throughout the night. I hated that!! Our room was situated by a nasty, dirty looking swamp, and the noisy traffic filled freeway..it sucked. My fiance and I couldn't be romantic at night or during the day with that! The walls are paper thin and we could hear all the cars that drove on the freeway...I asked if can I be moved to another room, and I was told that buildings 1 through 4 were all booked. We stayed in building 5. Please run!
We went to the "so called" game room, and fitness center. Both rooms were big enough to put a childs bedroom set in. (probably half the size).. The game room only had 4 games, sorry that is not a game room. They shouldn't advertise that. The fitness center only has 4 machines in there, again that is not a "fitness center." The water pressure in tub, and shower was scarce. I turned the knob on hot all the way, and I could put my entire arm to feel it, and it was mildly warm, almost cold!! I ran bath water for myself and it took almost a half hour to fill up, that's how slow the water was running out. And it was like that the whole time we were there. The staff sent someone to look at it, and I was told that the water is like that because other people in the building was using water too (WHAT)?!? For the whole 10 days? WOW...anyway Another complaint, the lighting in the bedrooms, oh my goodness, we had to take the lamp shades off the lamps to get accurate lighting because that was the only way to make it brighter in the bedrooms. I ordered towel service for 1 day which was 5 dollars. I made the order in the morning at 7:30am, we went to the parks, came back at 11pm, tired, sweaty and wanting a shower, there were no towels. I had to call again for towels and I was mad as hell! That lost points for me..The staff is not particularly friendly only courteous, because that's their job, there is a difference between the two. The elevator in our building (5) was very nasty. We would start our day, and notice garbage being on the elevator, and when it wasn't, no one cleaned the elevator after the garbage been on there, it was gross!! Major point deduction on this issue as well! The pool was nice, but the water was salt water..another gross thing! Another annoying thing, the small garbage can in the kitchen filled up pretty quickly, and they never gave us new garbage bags!! Solicitors would slide pizza notices under the door, and we would wake up and see 4 or 5 pieces of paper on the floor from them..that got on my nerves.. Note, I am picky, however I do not like spending my vacation in a smelly building overlooking a yucky swamp, noisy freeway, so-so service, have to go through drastic measures to get proper lighting, cold water that supposed to be hot, and uncomfortable beds with worn linen. If management or staff or whoever can look into these problems, and possibly add a restaurant to this resort, this place could be 5 stars. There isn't much for kids to do at this resort besides, swimming, so if you are looking for any activities for your children to do, this is not the place. They only have a limited selection of cable channels there, so bring some DVDs from home in case you get bored with whats on TV... Disney and SUPERWALMART is literally 5 minutes away, if that. The size of the rooms are very huge but these quirky things that I mentioned, they need to get that together, fast. I don't think I would stay there again, however if someone wanted to be close to Disney and the other parks, I'd recommend it, but beware! Oh I forgot to mention, they have internet service there as well in the rooms by the kitchen and they provided a ethernet cord to attach to my laptop which was free.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank blckdimnd
Reviewed 9 July 2010

If we didn't have to sleep, this would have been the perfect resort. The only major complaint I have is the lack of sleep. We stayed for a week in a three bedroom, with my husband and I in the master. The mattress was horrible! I felt like I was sleeping on springs alone and neither of us slept well at all the entire week. My daughters mattress literally slipped off of the box springs every night and we would have to pull the mattress back up. She is not a crazy sleeper or anything, but every time she would roll to one side or the other, the mattress would literally slide off the box springs.

We only used our kitchen for breakfast, however it was well supplied for cooking any meal. Includes utensils, glassware, corkscrew, etc. You have to turn the ice maker on yourself, fyi.

Bathrooms were well supplied with towels, etc...

Every night when we came in, there would be several pizza delivery flyers. We did try one and it was terrible. Small, bare except for the hairs we found in it. Disgusting!

The pool was amazing! I got a little irritated that other guests would come out early, claim several good chairs and then disappear for hours until afternoon but other than that it was great. Our rooms were not ready when we arrived and we were allowed to change in the poolside cabana which was very nice. Poolside bar is a little overpriced.... Three beers and a childs smoothie cost $21. We didn't try happy hour, we ended up buying our own alcohol at the local 7-11 and carried it down to the pool.

The hotels little grocery store was outrageously priced. A small Ben and Jerry's pint of ice cream was $7.00. Not joking! After that purchase for our daughter, we did not buy anything else. We went to the local Wal-Mart to buy groceries and it was a madhouse! Worse than "Black Friday"! The cashier said it is like that every day and night due to tourists. I recommend finding a smaller grocery store if you want to purchase groceries, otherwise you will have to buy body armor in attempt to buy the last loaf of bread.

Breakfast was mediocre. A few pastries, fruit, a toaster, cereal and juice / coffee. You have to go early if you want any food though. It goes fast. My husband saw a lady take an entire bowl of fruit and dump it in her bag.

The place is gorgeous! Picture perfect! I did ask about the mattresses and was told "They are only four years old". We are planning on going back to Orlando but not World Quest. After a 22 hour drive, we really needed a good bed to sleep in and did not get that until we returned home.

One more thing.... If you are planning a trip with family, don't expect any vacation romance. The walls are so thin... Makes for a very long week.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family