“an amazing experience for all”
Review of Discovery Cove

Orlando Attractions Roundtrip Transfer
Ranked #3 of 439 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Discovery Cove is a one-of-a kind experience where you can interact with bottlenose dolphins, feed tropical birds, play inches from a family of otters and even walk on the Grand Reef floor-all in one day. Between adventures, recharge with unlimited island fare and refreshments. With this all-inclusive experience your family can unwind, explore, learn, and create memories that will last a lifetime.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 28 November 2013

We had a magical time at discovery cove. Our group was 3 adults and 2 six year olds. The staff were helpful and friendly. The food was plentiful and delicious. A highlight for us apart from swimming with the dolphins, was when my son was being a wimp about going in the pool with the fish to snorkel, as it was a bit cold, a member of staff who was working on the pool, took my son and I round to see the sharks, and gave my son a sharks tooth and a ray tooth. He really took the time with my son.

Write a ReviewReviews (15,068)

Reviewed 28 November 2013

My daughter, step daughter and I had the most amazing day at Discovery Cove.

I was a bit 'meh' about it when my stepdaughter suggested going as she had been before and loved it and felt at approx £170 for a day was a bit steep but decided to go with it as we also planned on visiting Sea World and Aquatica and entrance to there was included in the £170.

Well, my 'meh' thoughts were quickly dispelled as we walked in the entrance at 7.30am for our check in - wow! This place is amazing and we have the most fantastic day.

So much to do - I honestly thought I'd be bored spending the whole day here and had taken a book and my i-pod, neither of which left my bag!

All the food and drinks and snacks are included, a delicious buffet all you can eat breakfast and lunch, drinks (including alcholic), snacks and also wet suits, towels and a snorkel and mask are all free to use.

The dolphin swim was unforgettable, the snorkeling with sting ray and other marine life amazing, the lazy river gorgeous and the bird aviary hysterical!! I'm running out of superlatives here!

All the staff was helpful and friendly, plenty of sunbeds to relax on, soft sand and (for us) beautiful weather all made for a truly unforgettable day.

My stepdaughter did the Sea Adventure which cost extra but she thoroughly enjoyed. We decided to buy the $150 photo package which wasn't cheap but split three ways it wasn't too 'ouch' on the wallet and in that we got a ton of photos, key rings and also a cd of all the photos taken of us.

Would I recommend it - yes! Would I go again - yes! Can't get better than that!

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Was given trip as a gift. You only need to bring your swimsuit, clothes , wallet and ID. They provide everything else. Be aware. The best photo package was 219.00 plus tax.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

this was the best day ever swam with dolphins and loved it what an experience as much as food and drink as you like lovely peaceful and lovely and clean

Reviewed 27 November 2013

This was my second time at Discovery cove but my parnter's first. We decided to get a dolphin swim as he had never done this before. Although swimming with the dolphins is absolutely fantastic (and especially when you have a baby dolphin in with you like us), Discovery Cove is the best place to go in Orlando even without the swim.

Swimming with the fish is amazing. My partner and I could have done it all day! We didn't even have time to go and see the monkeys as we were so delighted in the Grand Reef.

The food is great. Im gluten free and they were really helpful. There was still lots of choice for me and I was presented with a box filled with gluten free snacks.

For me the free cocktails were not the best as they were rum based but you can't complain with getting unlimited alcohol really! Being a beer fan, my partner was very happy!

I think the dolphin swim photos are reasonably priced and you get your complimentary photo taken as your arrive which is nice.