“worth every penny”

Orlando Attractions Roundtrip Transfer
Ranked #3 of 422 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Discovery Cove is a one-of-a kind experience where you can interact with bottlenose dolphins, feed tropical birds, play inches from a family of otters and even walk on the Grand Reef floor-all in one day. Between adventures, recharge with unlimited island fare and refreshments. With this all-inclusive experience your family can unwind, explore, learn, and create memories that will last a lifetime.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children
Uk
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“worth every penny”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

we got married in Florida so returned for our 1st anniversary and did discovery cove just the two of us to celebrate this and was great day. an amazing place feels like you are on island, all inclusive as much as you want lots of choice.from snacks to hot food and desserts, while having lunch there was group playing music, everywhere was so clean with plenty of sun loungers. The pools were amazing the fish one very cold though!!! we was given a free water proof camera which came in handy and the dolphin swim was great. would definitely do it again and recommend to anyone. We went in april and the dolphin swims was full but the park did not seem crowded at all, was plenty of sun loungers, tables to eat, quite in pools and the good thing is you only need to take swim costume. The one thing i would advise is to collect your dolphin photographs after you have had your swim the park closes at 5 and we went at 4 to collect ours and the que was horrendous all over the place, we had chose our package after the dolphin swim so just needed to pay and collect which took an hour as others in front had not chose there packages.They also bring out different animals to touch and have bird aviary where you feed them, perfect day out!!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Prince George, Virginia
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Wonderful Time (Without Dolphin Swim)!”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This was our second time visiting, after 10 years. I struggle with the price, but it is such a fabulous experience. I searched high and low to to find a "discount". No such luck, other than trying to go during low season. Minimal to no waits (except for the main meals). Snorkeling with sting rays and tropical fish.....leisurely swimming throughout the warm lagoon....priceless (almost). Clean. One way to get more out of your dollar is to take advantage of the tickets to SeaWorld and Aquatica that are including with the ticket...make those separate full day park visits. The prices of the parks have gotten so expensive, you can force your self to enjoy those, if nothing else, and make a full week out if it.

1 Thank Nikzleez
Tallahassee, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“So-So...”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

So, reviews are opinions. As for me, I love dolphins, but didn't find that the one-on-one time with the dolphins was extremely personal. For me, I would have needed more interaction with the dolphins to actually feel like I enjoyed my time. Even the dolphin pull, you really aren't interacting with the dolphin. I would love to learn how to train a dolphin and have a lot of one-on-one time with a dolphin. As for me, I really didn't feel like the interaction with the dolphin lasted long enough or was really that special with interaction and one-on-one time. I wish I could have fed the dolphin more and maybe they should give each person 30 minutes with the dolphin and teach customers how to be trainer for the dolphin. BECAUSE of the price you pay to go and BECAUSE of the reviews, you expect a wonderful experience. I could see some improvements could be made in the dolphin interaction. Also, the food for breakfast is horrible. And, by horrible, I mean disgusting. For the price you pay, there should be no mistakes, here. Also, if you eat lunch... it's great. So, basically, skip breakfast! So, I made that mistake and they really need to improve. IF you skip breakfast and go to lunch instead, you will not be disappointed. Unfortunately, I ate the disgusting breakfast, and by the time I went for lunch, my dolphin time was scheduled and I couldn't eat. I didn't have time. They also close the eating area an hour before close. So, after my dolphin interaction, I couldn't even go back to eat lunch. They will have two different types of salad, chicken fingers, fries, and cheesecake for desert. That's what lunch consists of at least for me. That's what I put on my plate and rushed to eat in time before my dolphin time. I was rushed and had 5 minutes to eat. For all those people who say it isn't important. You come for the dolphins. I understand that, but the dolphin time is scheduled, and only part of your day! You will spend all day here. You need to eat at some point in the day. Breakfast is something you need to skip here! Their breakfast is disgusting! It is important because if you fill up on breakfast because you are hungry, not knowing that it's disgusting, and lunch is great, you will be disappointed. Food is part of the experience and what is included in the price. IF you are disappointed about the park in general, you will need to know these tips about the food. It is important. No one could have talked me out of this experience. It is something that I wanted to have. So, since I couldn't be talked out of this experience, at least those reading the reviews can be informed about other areas such as skip the breakfast. Breakfast & Lunch is buffet. You pick and choose what you want. Breakfast = Skip. Lunch = Do. Anyway, the birds was my favorite thing. You can feed them. Make sure to pick up food. I really liked the parrots. They are so beautiful. I took pictures of so many birds. I didn't see the birds at first when I was walking through, but when you get food in your hand, they will fly to you! It's a great experience. I didn't think I would like the birds as much as I did. I really thought the dolphins were going to be the highlight. BUT no experience goes as planned! I think you never know how you will feel about an experience until you actually do it. The next favorite, after the birds, was the coral reef. It was scary for me. The whole snorkel thing was new for me. The coral reef is fake! I'm not saying that it matters. I'm just saying I didn't know that at first, then I realized it. I was like you can stand on this. It's plastic or something! Anyway, you can get a laminated sheet showing you all the different fish and their names that you will see in the coral reef. I saw the most beautiful fish I have ever seen with my eyes. It's called the Rainbow Parrot Fish. It reminds me of the beautiful parrot bird. The colors are so beautiful on the parrot bird and the rainbow parrot fish. I had seen a peacock and a parrot bird, but I had never seen a rainbow parrot fish. To see one in person is sooo beautiful. I didn't have an underwater camera like some people did! Later, when I goggled the rainbow parrot fish, the pictures online don't do it justice. It is sooo Beautiful in person. It was really a delight.

Visited December 2013
18 Thank cosmogurl069
York, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent day out”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Second time here and loved it again, new things to see this time, we visited over Easter and park was very busy, we couldn't find any loungers free to use so complained to the staff who couldn't find us any either so they very kindly were given a private cabana to use, a great experience! We booked for the underwater walking tour but my daughter didn't want to do it after the heavy safety walk, no refund is given so make sure your children are confident about doing it before you book. Good meals and plenty of drinks, snacks available all day.

New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Worth every penny”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We went first week of May and the crowds seemed a little light (good for us) . Park was beautiful and with the admission to the other parks makes it worth while. Bring your camera there are endless oppurtunities for pictures. First time swimming with dolphines and it was great but pictures are pricey but professionally done. No complaints must do at least once

Visited May 2014