“Absolutely Wonderful from start to finish!!!”
Review of Discovery Cove

Orlando Attractions Roundtrip Transfer
Ranked #2 of 442 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Discovery Cove is a one-of-a kind experience where you can interact with bottlenose dolphins, feed tropical birds, play inches from a family of otters and even walk on the Grand Reef floor-all in one day. Between adventures, recharge with unlimited island fare and refreshments. With this all-inclusive experience your family can unwind, explore, learn, and create memories that will last a lifetime.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 10 March 2010

This was our second time to Discovery Cove. This time we took our two children ages 8 and 3. The 8 year old and myself did the dolphin swim...it was very kid friendly. They let her do everything the adults could do...They helped her swim out to deep water to ride the dolphin. They even let my husband and the 3 year old in with us for about 5 minutes so the 3 yr old could touch the dolphin and we could all have pictures together. It was very nice of them to do that. The instructors were very friendly and answered all our questions.
They have periodic snorkel lessons. Great for kids...child size masks and snorkels. My 8 yr old was scared at first of the fish but learned quickly they wouldn't hurt her. She learned to snorkel and enjoyed it. They let her wear a life jacket over her wet suit.
The pool is heated; They let the 3 yr old wear her own bathing suit with lifejacket in it. They had toys and noodles for the pool.
**Only thing I was upset with is how deep the "lazy river" is. It is about 8 feet deep and you cant even touch. Its very hard to do with kids. You can float but it doesn't go fast and you even get stuck in spots and have to swim...
The breakfast wasn't very good. The lunch was ok. It was nice for once to let the kids pick what they wanted without having to worry about if they were going to eat it or not. Snacks and pop throughout day were complimentary which was nice especially when kids got antsy.
I would definetly do it again.

1  Thank elizabethw001
Write a ReviewReviews (15,395)
All reviews
in 134 reviews
"including alcohol"
in 122 reviews

Reviewed 1 March 2010

Been wanting to go to Discovery Cove since it opened, this year we finally went and my only regret is not going sooner. It was amazing from the first moment to the last. How odd was it to park in the first row? Then realizing they have comfortable wet suits for larger people was great. The icing on the cake was prescription goggles. I've never snorkeled before, it was amazing. The lazy river was my favorite. The coral reef section was surreal being with all the rays and fish. Of course the best part was the Dolphin swim. It was short but every second was pure magic. We splurged and got a photo package including digital photos, DVD and prints. It was a very expensive day but hey, you only live once.

Reviewed 22 February 2010

Had a great day at DC. My 2 children swam with the dolphins and I watched and took pictures. It was cold if you were not in the water , but the wetsuits helped. Chose Seaworld as my other park and spent 2 days there. We will be there again

Reviewed 21 February 2010

My partner and I visited Discovery cove on the fourth day of our 2 week holiday in Orlando (feb 1-14th 2010) and I can honestly say Discovery cove is the most tranquil,gorgeous place I have ever been.It is smaller (Capacity of 1000) than the other parks so has more of a cosy feel with plenty of staff (who are so nice and very attentive) to see to your every need.You enter through a lovely lobby where you recieve your Id cards with your dolphin swim time (you can visit discovery cove without doing the dolphin swim though I do recomend the dolphins) You walk through a tropical paradise,which you have to see to believe,you then have breakfast in the lovely authentic to tropical climates grass roofed resteraunt,where you have a wide selection for breakfast sanwiches,cereal,fruit and pastries.Which were fresh and wonderful.Then you go to the central cabbana where you recieve your comlimentry Snorkeling mask ,snorkel and sun cream.Also a wet suit (not to keep) as they like everone to wear the same colours.The rest rooms are so clean with loads of towels for you to use as well as wet clothes bags,shampoo and conditioner.They have a fish lagoon where you get to snorkel which is amazing so many varieties of fish,the ray lagoon where you swim with sting rays which is great.Then theres the amazing heated lazy river which is large and surrounds the whole park,it is so warm like bath water so relaxing to go in,it also runs through the bird aviary which is lovely you get a chance to feed birds and they sit in your hands they are very tame and so many species and many colours really nice to see.Then at your alloted time you meet with your dolphin trainer a group of 8 at a time,The trainers are very nice and helpful,The swim is amazing you touch,play and the dolphin takes you a ride across the water,it is truly amazing,a day not to be forgotten lunch is great with a wide delection of meats and pastas,after the amazing day is over you get the complimentry shuttle back to sea world.A great day

1  Thank startravellerxx