“Truely magical, A must do !!! so worth it” 5 of 5 bubbles

Orlando Attractions Roundtrip Transfer
Ranked #3 of 419 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Discovery Cove is a one-of-a kind experience where you can interact with bottlenose dolphins, feed tropical birds, play inches from a family of otters and even walk on the Grand Reef floor-all in one day. Between adventures, recharge with unlimited island fare and refreshments. With this all-inclusive experience your family can unwind, explore, learn, and create memories that will last a lifetime.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
england
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Truely magical, A must do !!! so worth it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2010

I cant describe how magical this whole day was, everythink was perfect . To give someone the gift of swimming with dolphins is an amassing thing to do , it was a present from my parents to me and it was a dreame of mine and it really lived up to the dreame.

The staff are like nothing youve ever seen or exspereinced befor they make you feel instantly comfortable and like friends within seconds of meeting them,

This place has a way of makeing everyone who enters it feel so incredably special and lucky. The dolphins are truely magnificent and a real once in a life time treat.

I cant say enough about discovery cove its truly amassing and you have to see it for yourselves.... please lol.

Amassing !!!!

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wonderful amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2010

Discovery Cove did not disappoint. Even though our weather was cool and stormy, I did not care once I was in the water with the dolphins. What an amazing opportunity. I was with a trainer for the day group. It offered us a chance to see animals up close like a sloth, a honeybear and even to pet a shark. We also had a second dolphin swim, although the foot push was interesting, next time I will ask for a different "ride". Not easy to do. My only disappointment, was that we were pulled away to view the pictures that their photographers had taken and that the pricing was so high to purchase. I would have rather done that at the end of the day,e specially given the weather. I was anxious to experience the rest of the park, and computer glitches kept us there far too long. I had also expected to spend more time with the dolphins. Although the back areas were interesting to some degree, our time could have been better spent enjoying the river or snorkeling. Meals were included, and for the price, breakfast could have been better. It was n't until I got home that I learned of what was available throughout the day, and I wish that staff had informed us better regarding beverages, snacks and locations. Our trainer Amy did a great job overall, and the time with the dolphins was what made the trip. I hope to go back with my family, but at $250 per person, it is pricey. The advantage is the low number of guests allowed into the park, so it doesn't feel crowded, although on our visit, there were probably less than 300 people due to the weather conditions. The staff was extremely helpful, especialy with the wetsuits and it is a relaxed atmosphere. I would go again in a heartbeat.. if it wasn't for the cost. They do throw in a pass to one of the other Bush parks (Sea World, Aquatica or Bush Gardens) it would be helpful if that destination was allowed to be changed if weather not appropriate. We had c hosen Aquatica and on a 68 degree day even with heated water, it was chilly and we were not able to use most of the attractions, just too chilly to be climbing towers and waiting in the wind. Go off season to Discovery Cove so that it will be less crowded and know that you can change your date once, so if weather conditions not ideal, change your day, keep your schedule flexible. You can cancel that morning which we did not know.

1 Thank patjoenkids
Upstate New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Sting Rays make phone calls”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2010

Initially hesitant to committ to such an expensive day, I now intend to repeat it on every future trip - this was THE best experience of our two weeks in Florida. Floating down the lazy river was an out-of -this-world African Queen kind of feeling, only with no worries about leeches and other hungry creatures. Warm, warm water, gentle current, waterfalls, flowers and exotic birds overhead. Close to paradise. The whole park is lovely, with amazing natural landscaping, acres of white sand, cabanas, beach chairs. We found the park employees - particularly the retirees - to be extremely friendly and helpful, and the inclusion of all food and drink (yes, beer, too) in the admission price was very practical. Hot and cold lunch/dinner choices were great, parking was easy, nothing too crowded. The dolphin swim was fun, although I would have appreciated a little less structure and more interaction, but the rules are understandable. I totally loved the sting ray lagoon, where, unfortunately I got my cell phone wet (yes, I know I shouldn't have been carrying it!) and lost all my contact information, but that was my own fault. The Cove is more than worth the admission price, particularly if you skip the dolphin swim on repeat visits. Absolutely go there!

3 Thank olliesmom61
Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Well worth the money!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2010

Discovery Cove is a beautiful place to spend the day. The food was fantastic. For $149 you get breakfast, lunch, snacks, beverages, beer, wetsuit, snorkle gear, lockers, great shower/change rooms, and a free 14 day pass to either Seaworld, or Busch Gardens. You can swim in the lazy river, snorkle with in the coral reef with the tropical fish, or swim with the sting rays. For an extra $100 you can also swim with the dolphins. It was by far the best part of my vacation.

3 Thank 40disney
Newcastle
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“What a Perfect Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2010

27th February 2010
My husband, son, his partner and I visited Discovery Cove, we had made a mistake(our fault) with our booking but when we got there and explained the situation even though we thought we would need to pay for the whole thing again the staff could not have been more helpful or professional in putting everything right. Although Florida was experiencing one of the most freakish ever weather conditions for February (we had 2 bad days of weather and this was one of them) The staff made this one of the most enjoyable visits ever. The food was great, the site was clean, well stocked and had everything you could possibly want or need included in the price( which I thought wasnt too bad considering there are only limited numbers of visitors allowed and it must cost the part a fortune to run). As I didnt think I was going to get in that day my husband and I had to buy a swimsuit and bathing shorts - would you believe they were actually cheaper here than buying them in the local stores(Walmart/Publix/Target inc)
Now for the serious stuff, we purchased a Dolphin Encounter and in some previous reviews which i have read people have complained that they only got to interact with the Dolphins for less than 5 minutes. This is not right. We spent over 30 mins in there and it could have been longer if the weather hadnt been so bad! But people should remember the Dolphin Encounter is not only to interact with the Dolphins but is also an educational exercise into Conservation and their environment. The more questions you have the more enjoyment you obtain from your experience. The staff were very knowledgeable and were more than happy to answer any and all questions even if some of them sounded stupid. The staff want you to have a good time and all I can say is that we the Wilson clan had one of the best experiences of our life - thanks Discovery Cove you gave us a holiday to remember

4 Thank HappyTripper12