“Perfect for what we wanted”

The Point Orlando Resort
Ranked #20 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
“Perfect for what we wanted”
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Great location. Loved the while American room style, coffee maker, microwave. Staff very helpful. Great location at the more affluent end of international drive.

• Stayed March 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,059)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I read quite a few reviews here before making my reservations at The Point Orlando Resort and had high expectations I must say upon my arrival I am so pleased my expectations were exceeded. We arrived in Orlando earlier than expected, around 2pm check in time was at 4 but the front desk attendant informed us that our room was already clean and ready for us if we wanted yo check on early. We were there for Halloween horror night at universal studios and the early check in gave us a chance to get acclimated to our room, which was nearly immaculately clean, and for have lunch and rest before the long and exciting night. The staff was exceptionally pleasant and offered us late check out due to our late night. My fiance and I agree that we've found our new Orlando hotel and cannot wait to visit again!

• Stayed October 2011
Ramsey, Minnesota
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We held a small meeting at the Point Orlando and could not have been more satisfied. The hotel rooms were excellent with lots of room and nice amenities. The meeting room was spacious and equipped with all of our needs and the staff was truly outstanding in their attention to our requests. I would recommend this hotel for the family travelers as well as the small meeting groups.

Room Tip: 1 bedroom unit was perfect sized for the 4 days we spent there.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Alabaster, Alabama
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We had a great time at "The Point" last weekend. Had a friend come up from south florida and I drove down from Alabama. Very roomy accomadations with every item you might need in the kitchen and bath. Loved the jacuzzi tub! The only complaint I had was the sofabed was not the most comfortable but none of them are so I expected that going in. Next visit, I will make my friend sleep there. Staff was great and location is perfect

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Val35007
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I was looking forward to staying at The Point Orlando because of the pictures I had seen on their website. I must say, I was disappointed. The room was not well maintained. The shower curtain was stained and had snags all over it and the bathroom counter didn't appear very clean either. The sheets on the bed were clean, so we stayed. We had only booked it for two nights before moving on to Disney. On a positive note, it is very conveniently located to Universal Studios. I believe this is a time share resort and I can definitley say we would NOT buy this timeshare!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
thepointorlando, General Manager at The Point Orlando Resort, responded to this review, 3 November 2011
Dear Ms. Txtravelb;
I want to thank you for taking the time to relate your experience on TripAdivsor, regarding your recent stay. I apologize for any inconvenience or issues that may not have been up to our high standards. While we are not at timeshare property, we do operate under very high standards, representing a great all suite hotel product and serivces to our guests.

Ms. Txtravelb, I want you to know that I have reviewed your comments with my staff as well as an inspection of the area's you have brought to our attention. Our staff pride ourselves on delivering an excellent stay and service for each and every guest. We take all comments very seriously and appreciate your staying with us. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to demonstrate our concerns to you in the future. Have safe travels.
Jerry
General Manager, The Point Orlando Resort.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2011

My partner and i stayed at the point resort and were amazed by how beautiful the rooms were and how lovely each and ever staff were! All were very helpful and willing to make sure we had everything we needed at any time! The pool was just right and we found it was never crowded at all, Location would be the only downside if we were being picky but that is only because we were on foot for the whole holiday! Other than that it was brilliant and i have and will always recommend the point to anyone!
We want togo back to florida just to stay here again!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed 31 October 2011

This was our second visit to the Point Resort this year having previously stayed in February and more recently October. We have stayed in both the junior suite but upgraded second time round to a one bedroom suite. Would highly recommend both, but one bedroom apartment if staying longer than 1 week. Junior suite has everything you need and quiet large in comparison to other hotel rooms. One bedroom suite has full kitchen with all mod cons such as washer/dryer, very convenient and a lovely balcony with great views of pool etc. Housekeeping calls every day with clean towels, empties trash and make the bed. The staff in the hotel are second to none, in particular I must mention Fabio and Stephanie who have always provided us with great recommendations around the area. All other staff were also very friendly and helpful with any queries we had. Pool area was very relaxing, always lounge chairs available and fresh pool towels. Nice pool bar now open. Having been to Florida on a few occasions and stayed elsewhere, I would highly recommend the Point to everyone. Location is perfect, about 7 mins to Intl Drive and 15 min walk to Universal Parks. Already looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple