The Point Hotel & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
5,063 results
All reviewspoint orlandoone bedroom suitecabana barfull kitchenuniversal studiosinternational drivegrand suitewasher and dryerhuge bathroompool areawet n wildresort feethe general managerthe sofa bedjacuzzi tubfree shuttleshuttle service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 January 2013

brilliant hols at top class resort. the rooms fab and spacious, the jacuzzi a gift and the balconies overlooking universal grt wit all the fireworks. staff very friendly and always helpful. location is just of i-drive and walking distance to all amenities. the taxi service the hotel uses must be commended and no rip off, usually with hotel normally more expensive than street pick up, not in this case/ very efficient and reliable. must get there e mail for pick up nx time we in orlando.

cant wait to go bac to orlando and definitely be staying at point orlando.
thanks guys for brill holiday.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DublinJoanne
Fabio G, Front Office Assistant Manager at The Point Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Dear DublinJoanne -- Thanks for your review, calling us a "hidden gem." Sounds like you had a great time, and that you experienced our outstanding hospitality. And I'm so pleased to hear that you had a good experience with the taxi company we recommended. I wouldn't have it any other way! Please come back and visit us again sometime soon.

Reviewed 26 January 2013

The Point Orlando Resort is the perfect location for a visit to Universal Studios. We stayed four nights in a one bedroom suite and enjoyed our stay. The unit was over 700 square feet and included a full kitchen, large bathroom, and laundry facilities. The bathroom had a separate door, so the master suite could be private. The living room including a hide-a-bed for additional guests.

The complimentary bus service to Universal Studios was reliable and a 15 minute ride and left daily at 8:20am. We took a taxi back each day for $8.00 including the tip because the free bus returned at 7:30pm. The staff is courteous and the facility is clean. Great value for Orlando.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor with a view.
2  Thank ronvoyage

Dear ronvoyage -- I really appreciate the nice review, especially from a Top Contributor like you. You found a good way to get back from Universal, allowing for more fun at a very reasonable cost. Good for you! And I'm glad you found our staff courteous and the resort clean. Come back again soon!

Reviewed 25 January 2013

My wife and I are currently staying at this hotel, and will be leaving on Sunday 27th after an eight nights stay.
First of all, let me warn you about its non-disclosed fees: the advertised room rate is a scam! Once we arrived here, they told us we had to pay USD 11 dayly in "resort fees" (¡?)... These are unbelievably disloyal terms, since we prepaid our room and were not informed at that moment about this "extra" price, that by the way does not mean you'll be getting any additional service. I wonder if it's legal to advertise a certain price and then, in our case, charge almost extra USD 100 without previous notice. I'm guessing NOT!
And believe me, the worse is yet to come. Once in your room, you'll notice a flyer that states that as a guest, you'll be provided a “Refresh Service” that includes replacing towels, removing trash and making of the bed... and if you want to UPGRADE it, you must pay a dayly rate of USD 10-20 depending on the type of room (this is really UNHEARD of! Upgrading the cleaning service!? I'm attaching a photo since otherwise no one would believe it). Since we decided not to pay this “upgrade”, we are now in a carpeted room that hasn’t been vacuumed at all in 5 days (beware allergics!), and the bathroom counters, mirrors and floors have not been cleaned in the slightest, and neither has been the bathtub.
Besides this “MINOR” details, the room was OK.
Bottom line: do yourself a favor and avoid this hotel.

13  Thank MGF_81
Reviewed 25 January 2013

We had a brilliant stay in the the Point Orlando Resort! Our stay in the hotel last September (for 2 weeks) was a home away from home. We choose the hotel as we wanted accomdation with two rooms (as we have two children) in case we got bad weather and also as we wanted self catering. Our check in was very efficient and we were helped with our bags, after two flights from Ireland this was very necessary. We were very pleased with our room size, furnishings, beds etc and there was everything you could need in the kitchen for cooking if your too tired to go out after a day in the theme parks. The pool was a good size and never to busy. The pool side restaurnat was enjoyable also. Universal studios was in walking distance but you could get the suttle bus also, which we were very pleased about. Disneyland was much farther away so had it not been for the shuttle bus we would have been lost. The shops and restaurants were all in walking distance. We were sorry we didnt get to go to the Wet n Wild park as it was only 5 minutes away. The staff were always extremely friendly and helpful. We were sad leaving as we had so much fun. It was definitely our best holiday so far and we would love to return some day!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Lisa C

Dear Lisa C -- It's great to hear we gave you the "best holiday so far." Thanks for sharing. It sounds like our suite was perfect for your family. And I'm pleased that the scheduled theme park shuttles worked out well for you. Come back again and visit us. Perhaps you'll have time for our neighbor, Wet 'n Wild!

Reviewed 24 January 2013

After returning from a cruise we wanted to do some sight seeing i Orlando. We had planed to drive back to Miami, but we got tired and decided to spend the night in Orlando and drive back the following morning.
After a quick search on the TA-app, we reasoned that the Point would be a good alternative for a night sleep.
We paid 191 dollars for one night, which is not cheap. Our room was at the fifth floor. Check in was quick and without any hassels. We carried our luggage to our room which was of a really good size; that is the one positive thing about this hotel. The room was huge for the two of us; a separate living room, a kitchen and a big bath with lots of space.
The standard and the interior design was what I would call boring and extremely outdated. Maybe its because I am a scandinavian and used to a more minimalistic style, but it seems to me that many american hotels are stuck in the eighties when it comes to decoration.
The room was clean enough, but a long black hair at my pillow will not give extra points in the cleanliness category.
We paid 11 dollars for breakfast. Compared to breakfast buffets at quality hotels, the Point breakfast is a sad story. But you will find food to fill your stomach; the oatmeal was actually quite good.
For me the Point is a hotel in the "touch and go" category. If you are in need of a nights sleep and nothing more, it will do. However; I would become depressed if I had to stay any longer than that.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Imedvindfranord -- Thanks for reviewing your stay, albeit it a short one, with us. And thanks for selecting us as your stop-over after your cruise, before heading to Miami. I'm sorry you didn't care for the decor of your suite. We do our best to provide a pleasant environment that appeals to as many people as possible. I apologize for the hair you found on the pillow. That's not consistent with the cleanliness standards we require at our resort (and as you may have seen referenced here on TripAdvisor by other reviewers). Normally, our suite rates are lower than you paid, when reserved a little bit longer ahead of time. I'm guessing you ended up with a last-minute rate. I hope you'll consider coming back to visit us in the future. I'm sure once you have had some time to get to know our friendly staff, your experience would be anything but depressing. Hope to see you again soon.