We stayed for 6 nights just before Christmas and would definitley return, We have stayed around I Drive over a dozen times in various levels of hotel and this one is in a wonderfully quite and easily accessable location which is key over the busy holiday season.
Wet and Wild was walkable and Universal was less than 5 mins drive away.
Check in was simple and the staff always helpful, the room was large and well equipped with very comfy beds and all areas where pretty clean.
The kitchinette (Microwave, fridge, sink and crockery) was an unexpected bonus to us and we missed the ability to breakfast in the room when we moved on to another hotel.
There were a couple of minor niggles, the shower was pretty rubbish (worse than most US ones which aren't great to start with) and you should be aware of the hotel 'concept'
They seem to be trying to run it as some form of efficiency, efficient for them, expensive for you if you want a full hotel service.
On top of our quoted price we had to pay a 'resort fee' which seemed to cover parking and wi-fi (stated as free on their website) which is becomming pretty common practice in the US but us tantamount to a hidden fee or tax, we then found that the rooms are not cleaned daily - they make the bed and hang/replace towels but there is no cleaning/vacuming, sheet changes, kitchenette cleaning performed - if you want that doing you pay extra each time.
It's not the worst idea in the world but it should be made clearer as it's website states it as a 'full service boutique hotel' which it is not.
I would go back but it's important to know what you are getting for your money so you can accuratley compare it to other hotels once you add in the cost of parking and full room cleaning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This full-service, all-suite, newly renovated luxury boutique hotel is quaintly tucked in the heart of Orlando on Universal Blvd, just minutes from International Drive and close to Universal Studios. The Point Orlando Resort provides a tranquil Florida experience that will have you feeling right at home. The Studio, 1 Bedroom Suites and 2 Bedroom Suites offer a variety of comfortable accommodations to suit your needs while enjoying resort-style amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Point Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Point Orlando Hotel Orlando
- The Point Hotel Orlando
- The Point Hotel & Suites Orlando, Florida