“This is the Point”

The Point Hotel & Suites
Ranked #19 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I've been to this place a couple of tImes on Universal Boulevard The most recent visit was January 2014. I had an apartment with double bedroom, sitting room cum kitchenette with cutlery and china. There is an en suite bathroom with bath and shower. Good facilities include a cooker, fridge/ freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer and also a coffee maker. They supply Keurig coffee each day to put in your Keurig coffee maker. Clean towels every day with someone who comes in to change the bins and makes the bed each day. There is a sofa/bed in the living area too along with a coffee table and a small round dining table with 4 chairs. They have nice pictures on the wall and tv in dining room and bedroom. There is free wifi but that sometimes gives a weak signal so you have to find the best position to be in. The best rooms are in Tower 1 in my opinion. It seems brighter than Tower 2. No smoking in all the rooms and a good view of the pool, which is the best side to be. Always take the pool view if you can. I totally relaxed in this place that also has a bar at the pool and an eating area inside near reception. Staff are always helpful. Tip the maid each day as each day a different cleaner comes to your room. 2 to 3 dollars a day. No spa or activities for children. Not far from Disney on a shuttle bus from hotel and you can catch an I ride bus to the shopping area too? Walgreen is within walking distance of about 25 minutes it much easier if you have a car of course. Sweet Tomatoes is not far for an inexpensive meal. Buffet style. I would definitely recommend The Point and will revisit.

Room Tip: Room with pool view in Tower 1 is best.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Hayley C, Guest Relations Manager at The Point Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We are pleased that you and your family enjoyed your suite and all of the amenities within it. Thank you for mentioning the beautiful pool view that you enjoyed from your balcony. We are also glad that you were able to relax at our poolside Cabana Bar & Grille. We appreciate your recommendation and hope to welcome you back very soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,948)

Reviewed 28 January 2014

This hotel was just fabulous. Room was huge and clean and nicely furnished. The bed was plush and comfortable. The bathroom is like a city of it's own with a huge walk in shower and it was also sparkly clean. As much as I liked the room, the staff is what really made the place special. They could not have been nicer or more helpful. Caitlyn at the front desk was precious and went above and beyond to help me. I went downstairs to get ice because I did not realize there was an ice maker in my room, she told me I should have just called her and she would have brought ice to my room. For the price that we paid for this hotel, that type of service is unheard of. I highly recommend this resort. For a family visiting Disney or other area parks it would be especially nice with the kitchen and large rooms.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank cynny
Hayley C, Guest Relations Manager at The Point Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are thrilled to learn that you had such an excellent stay - from the comfortable bed, to the clean suite, to the friendly staff. Thank you for mentioning some specific examples of how our staff surpassed your expectations. We appreciate your recommendation and sincerely hope that you will stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 27 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a romantic weekend getaway. When we checked in there was a young girl at the desk (Krystal or Kristine?) that was very sweet and seemed like she was happy to see us! A nice change from the typical eye rolls that you get from other places. The entire staff was very helpful and friendly throughout our stay. Our room was clean and perfect when we arrived. The beds were very comfy and the rest of the room was cozy as well. The room was a nice size for two. There was enough room for us to spread out but still enjoy each other's company. There was also a family with children in the room next to us but we never heard them at all which was a nice surprise. Our room was completely quiet with no street noise or other guest noise. It made for a romantic yet relaxed weekend, which is exactly what we wanted. From beginning to end, our experience was excellent and we would definitely stay there again! Icing on the cake was that it was so affordable.

Room Tip: I would maybe ask for a room with a pool view because otherwise you may end up with a view of the pa...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hayley C, Guest Relations Manager at The Point Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Thanks for the kind words, Rachael! We are so glad that you had a great romantic getaway with us. We are glad that your room was so clean and comfortable throughout your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and hope to welcome you back when you find yourself returning to Orlando!

Reviewed 27 January 2014

This is an excellent place for both family and business. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff are always friendly and accommodating. We've been staying here for the last 5 years and will continue to come back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We are so glad that you felt our resort was perfect for business travelers and also families. It means so much to us that you had such friendly interactions with our staff for the last five years. We look forward to welcoming you to your "home" in Orlando again soon!

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

I came here with two friends for a vacation and I've been blown away. This hotel definitely deserves to be in the Top 10 list for Orlando.

To begin with Fabio was amazing. He helped me with selecting amenities for my room and even gavel advise about buying a certain item I needed at a nearby store. He is very kind and professional. Upon check-in I was greeted by Kaitlin she is fabulous. I will definitely be returning again because of her. It feels wonderful to be treated so nicely.

I had a one bedroom grand suite with a jetted jacuzzi. The jacuzzi was wonderful. The suite was extra clean I did not find not one flaw. The kitchen cabinets were stock with all the utensils you can think of. They even had cups, glassware, bowls, plates, pots, pans, Tupperware, I mean EVERYTHING. Even measuring spoons. Lol. They had dishwasher with dish washing soap and even baking trays. I was completely blown away. The living room had a flat screen tv and a balcony with two chairs. The pull out sofa had a little mattress but we didn't sleep on it. The bedroom also had a flat screen tv and the king size bed was comfy topped with many pillows. The closet had additional sheets and blankets which came in very handy. I'm usually very anal about the cleanliness of the room and I had not one complaint. The bathroom was huge and the jetted jacuzzi was amazing and very relaxing. This has been the best hotel suite I have stayed at so far.

I did not get a chance to try their complimentary breakfast. The pool was phenomenal. The jacuzzi was very hot. I went during a week where the temperature was fluctuating a lot. Thankfully the pool was heated and seemed pretty warm to me I did not want to get out. I had some wings by the cabana bar and they were delicious. So were their drinks. Poolside couches were comfortable. The bathrooms in the pool area were extremely clean. The pool was from 3ft to 5ft and was kind of salty. It didn't have that very nasty chlorine taste at all. Bartender/cook was great even ordered some soda when he had ran out and I wanted some for my drink.

The area was great it's right on universal boulevard and just a few walkable blocks away from international drive. The trolley is also available around this area and the hotel has information on the stops. Don't be fooled by the solitary of the hotel. There's plenty to do at just walking distance.

Before checking out I realized one of my friends had accidents taken a room key home with them and I called front desk and thankfully was not charged an extra free. I was also just charged $20 for checking out late. Not bad at all. Kaitlin you are beautiful and amazing. Love your bubbly personality. Josh is great too with his great room service and sense of humor. I will definitely be returning whenever I come to the Orlando area. This hotel is A+++++++++

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Thanks for such a great review! We are so pleased to learn that our staff sincerely provided you with incredible service. This is one of our top priorities as a resort, and it means so much to us when guests recognize that. We are also glad to learn that you found your suite to have everything you needed. We are so glad that you plan to stay with us again when you return to the Orlando area. Please don't hesitate to contact us if we can assist in setting up your reservation.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I usually find something to complain about, but I really can't with this place.
We had a great stay! The room was spotless, the kitchen was extremely well equipped and clean, the bathroom was huge and well-stocked, separate bedroom perfect ...
In terms of facilities, the pool was great, the hot tub was ... hot, the gym was modern and well-maintained, there was ample parking, staff were friendly, shuttles to parks ran well.
The only thing I can't comment on is the breakfast
You really need to make this your place to stay in Orlando. Really excellent.
How nice it is to be able to write a 100% positive review!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Muk_muk
Hayley C, Guest Relations Manager at The Point Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you so very much for the kind words. We are thrilled to learn that you had such a great stay. Thank you for mentioning the high level of cleanliness that you experiences in your suite as well as how much you enjoyed the modern amenities of our resort. We hope that you will stay with us again when you return to the Orlando area.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

This time a paid for a suite and was so happy with it. It was so comfortable. The staff are all so nice and friendly. Although there is a "resort fee" it covers fast internet and the pool, which is also quite nice. I always have good experiences there.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DonCapeMayBeach

It is excellent to know that you have, once again, had a wonderful stay at The Point Orlando Resort. We appreciate you taking the time to share that with us. Thank you for commenting on the amenities and friendly staff. We look forward to your next visit!