We stayed at the Point Orlando Resort over the New Year period for nine nights. We enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay here again.
Location - the hotel is in a bit of an isolated location. You can walk to places but it would be 20-30 minute walk to get somewhere. I would say a car is required to stay here. The traffic on Sand Lake can be difficult to deal with so you need to learn some of the back ways to get into the hotel or you can get stuck out there for a while. Going down Universal Blvd instead of Sand Lake or coming in the back way of Kirkland Rd are the two recommendations we have. We ate at Sweet Tomatoes a lot since we prefer lighter food, it is a soup and salad buffet place.
Service - the service was good from check-in to check-out. Any questions we had were handled promptly and efficiently by the friendly staff. We had one day where the cleaners did not come by to refresh the room but that was fixed with a call tot he front desk who sent the cleaners over while we went for dinner. We didn't eat at the restaurant or use the pool area so I can't comment on it.
Room - we had a one bedroom in Tower 1. The room was a good size. When you walk in, there is the kitchen to the left with a breakfast bar (no stools). The kitchen has a full stove, microwave, dishwasher, large fridge, Keurig machine with coffee, sink and a toaster. It was fully equipped for four people. They provided dishwashing soap and a puck for the dishwasher. Ahead of you is the living area. There was a glass table with four chairs just in front of the kitchen and for relaxation, a large couch with coffee table and two end tables. There was a flat screen tv with a reasonable number of channels to watch. Off the living area was the bedroom, it was a large size. There wasn't a lot of closet space but there were shelves that you could use. We had a comfortable king size bed. There is also a dresser with another flat screen tv on it to watch in bed. The bathroom was huge, way more space than what was needed. There is a jacuzzi tub and a step in shower. You could enter the bathroom from the hallway or the bedroom. Lots of towels were provided. The washer and dryer were in a cupboard to the right of the door when you first enter the apartment. The AC was good but a little noisy.
Parking can be a bit of a chore because there is not much of it near the hotel building and you may have to park someways away in their parking lot and walk back to the hotel. People were parking on the grass to get close.
Overall we would stay here again as we found we got good value for the price and we ate in the apartment for breakfast and for a couple of dinners.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This full-service, all-suite, newly renovated luxury boutique hotel is quaintly tucked in the heart of Orlando on Universal Blvd, just minutes from International Drive and close to Universal Studios. The Point Orlando Resort provides a tranquil Florida experience that will have you feeling right at home. The Studio, 1 Bedroom Suites and 2 Bedroom Suites offer a variety of comfortable accommodations to suit your needs while enjoying resort-style amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Point Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Point Orlando Hotel Orlando
- The Point Hotel Orlando
- The Point Hotel & Suites Orlando, Florida