“Great Rooms”

The Point Hotel & Suites
Ranked #19 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We stayed at the Point Orlando Resort over the New Year period for nine nights. We enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay here again.

Location - the hotel is in a bit of an isolated location. You can walk to places but it would be 20-30 minute walk to get somewhere. I would say a car is required to stay here. The traffic on Sand Lake can be difficult to deal with so you need to learn some of the back ways to get into the hotel or you can get stuck out there for a while. Going down Universal Blvd instead of Sand Lake or coming in the back way of Kirkland Rd are the two recommendations we have. We ate at Sweet Tomatoes a lot since we prefer lighter food, it is a soup and salad buffet place.

Service - the service was good from check-in to check-out. Any questions we had were handled promptly and efficiently by the friendly staff. We had one day where the cleaners did not come by to refresh the room but that was fixed with a call tot he front desk who sent the cleaners over while we went for dinner. We didn't eat at the restaurant or use the pool area so I can't comment on it.

Room - we had a one bedroom in Tower 1. The room was a good size. When you walk in, there is the kitchen to the left with a breakfast bar (no stools). The kitchen has a full stove, microwave, dishwasher, large fridge, Keurig machine with coffee, sink and a toaster. It was fully equipped for four people. They provided dishwashing soap and a puck for the dishwasher. Ahead of you is the living area. There was a glass table with four chairs just in front of the kitchen and for relaxation, a large couch with coffee table and two end tables. There was a flat screen tv with a reasonable number of channels to watch. Off the living area was the bedroom, it was a large size. There wasn't a lot of closet space but there were shelves that you could use. We had a comfortable king size bed. There is also a dresser with another flat screen tv on it to watch in bed. The bathroom was huge, way more space than what was needed. There is a jacuzzi tub and a step in shower. You could enter the bathroom from the hallway or the bedroom. Lots of towels were provided. The washer and dryer were in a cupboard to the right of the door when you first enter the apartment. The AC was good but a little noisy.

Parking can be a bit of a chore because there is not much of it near the hotel building and you may have to park someways away in their parking lot and walk back to the hotel. People were parking on the grass to get close.

Overall we would stay here again as we found we got good value for the price and we ate in the apartment for breakfast and for a couple of dinners.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hayley C, Guest Relations Manager at The Point Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

We appreciate you sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We are glad to learn that you had phenomenal experiences with the service provided by all of our staff members. We are also glad that you enjoyed the suite. We apologize that you were not completely satisfied with the location of our resort. We are tucked away so that our guests experience a quiet and tranquil environment. Many guests enjoy the 5 minute walk to Wet 'n Wild or utilize the iRide Trolley that stops right in front of the property. We hope that you will consider staying with us again. Please feel free to contact us if we can help you set up a reservation.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

We stayed there for a fortnight in January, and to say that the staff, accommodation and service were outstanding would be an understatement.

The hotel was listed as one of the top ten in Orlando on trip advisor.com, and from our experience would agree that they are well deserving of the rating. The staff are friendly and professional; the rooms spacious, clean and well appointed.

Would recommend without reservation.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jonathan P

Jonathan, thanks for the great review! It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for commenting on the high level of service you received from all of our staff members. It's also excellent that you enjoyed your suite. We appreciate the recommendation and hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I've been to this place a couple of tImes on Universal Boulevard The most recent visit was January 2014. I had an apartment with double bedroom, sitting room cum kitchenette with cutlery and china. There is an en suite bathroom with bath and shower. Good facilities include a cooker, fridge/ freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer and also a coffee maker. They supply Keurig coffee each day to put in your Keurig coffee maker. Clean towels every day with someone who comes in to change the bins and makes the bed each day. There is a sofa/bed in the living area too along with a coffee table and a small round dining table with 4 chairs. They have nice pictures on the wall and tv in dining room and bedroom. There is free wifi but that sometimes gives a weak signal so you have to find the best position to be in. The best rooms are in Tower 1 in my opinion. It seems brighter than Tower 2. No smoking in all the rooms and a good view of the pool, which is the best side to be. Always take the pool view if you can. I totally relaxed in this place that also has a bar at the pool and an eating area inside near reception. Staff are always helpful. Tip the maid each day as each day a different cleaner comes to your room. 2 to 3 dollars a day. No spa or activities for children. Not far from Disney on a shuttle bus from hotel and you can catch an I ride bus to the shopping area too? Walgreen is within walking distance of about 25 minutes it much easier if you have a car of course. Sweet Tomatoes is not far for an inexpensive meal. Buffet style. I would definitely recommend The Point and will revisit.

Room Tip: Room with pool view in Tower 1 is best.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Hayley C, Guest Relations Manager at The Point Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We are pleased that you and your family enjoyed your suite and all of the amenities within it. Thank you for mentioning the beautiful pool view that you enjoyed from your balcony. We are also glad that you were able to relax at our poolside Cabana Bar & Grille. We appreciate your recommendation and hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 28 January 2014

This hotel was just fabulous. Room was huge and clean and nicely furnished. The bed was plush and comfortable. The bathroom is like a city of it's own with a huge walk in shower and it was also sparkly clean. As much as I liked the room, the staff is what really made the place special. They could not have been nicer or more helpful. Caitlyn at the front desk was precious and went above and beyond to help me. I went downstairs to get ice because I did not realize there was an ice maker in my room, she told me I should have just called her and she would have brought ice to my room. For the price that we paid for this hotel, that type of service is unheard of. I highly recommend this resort. For a family visiting Disney or other area parks it would be especially nice with the kitchen and large rooms.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank cynny
Hayley C, Guest Relations Manager at The Point Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are thrilled to learn that you had such an excellent stay - from the comfortable bed, to the clean suite, to the friendly staff. Thank you for mentioning some specific examples of how our staff surpassed your expectations. We appreciate your recommendation and sincerely hope that you will stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 27 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a romantic weekend getaway. When we checked in there was a young girl at the desk (Krystal or Kristine?) that was very sweet and seemed like she was happy to see us! A nice change from the typical eye rolls that you get from other places. The entire staff was very helpful and friendly throughout our stay. Our room was clean and perfect when we arrived. The beds were very comfy and the rest of the room was cozy as well. The room was a nice size for two. There was enough room for us to spread out but still enjoy each other's company. There was also a family with children in the room next to us but we never heard them at all which was a nice surprise. Our room was completely quiet with no street noise or other guest noise. It made for a romantic yet relaxed weekend, which is exactly what we wanted. From beginning to end, our experience was excellent and we would definitely stay there again! Icing on the cake was that it was so affordable.

Room Tip: I would maybe ask for a room with a pool view because otherwise you may end up with a view of the pa...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hayley C, Guest Relations Manager at The Point Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Thanks for the kind words, Rachael! We are so glad that you had a great romantic getaway with us. We are glad that your room was so clean and comfortable throughout your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and hope to welcome you back when you find yourself returning to Orlando!

Reviewed 27 January 2014

This is an excellent place for both family and business. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff are always friendly and accommodating. We've been staying here for the last 5 years and will continue to come back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We are so glad that you felt our resort was perfect for business travelers and also families. It means so much to us that you had such friendly interactions with our staff for the last five years. We look forward to welcoming you to your "home" in Orlando again soon!

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

I came here with two friends for a vacation and I've been blown away. This hotel definitely deserves to be in the Top 10 list for Orlando.

To begin with Fabio was amazing. He helped me with selecting amenities for my room and even gavel advise about buying a certain item I needed at a nearby store. He is very kind and professional. Upon check-in I was greeted by Kaitlin she is fabulous. I will definitely be returning again because of her. It feels wonderful to be treated so nicely.

I had a one bedroom grand suite with a jetted jacuzzi. The jacuzzi was wonderful. The suite was extra clean I did not find not one flaw. The kitchen cabinets were stock with all the utensils you can think of. They even had cups, glassware, bowls, plates, pots, pans, Tupperware, I mean EVERYTHING. Even measuring spoons. Lol. They had dishwasher with dish washing soap and even baking trays. I was completely blown away. The living room had a flat screen tv and a balcony with two chairs. The pull out sofa had a little mattress but we didn't sleep on it. The bedroom also had a flat screen tv and the king size bed was comfy topped with many pillows. The closet had additional sheets and blankets which came in very handy. I'm usually very anal about the cleanliness of the room and I had not one complaint. The bathroom was huge and the jetted jacuzzi was amazing and very relaxing. This has been the best hotel suite I have stayed at so far.

I did not get a chance to try their complimentary breakfast. The pool was phenomenal. The jacuzzi was very hot. I went during a week where the temperature was fluctuating a lot. Thankfully the pool was heated and seemed pretty warm to me I did not want to get out. I had some wings by the cabana bar and they were delicious. So were their drinks. Poolside couches were comfortable. The bathrooms in the pool area were extremely clean. The pool was from 3ft to 5ft and was kind of salty. It didn't have that very nasty chlorine taste at all. Bartender/cook was great even ordered some soda when he had ran out and I wanted some for my drink.

The area was great it's right on universal boulevard and just a few walkable blocks away from international drive. The trolley is also available around this area and the hotel has information on the stops. Don't be fooled by the solitary of the hotel. There's plenty to do at just walking distance.

Before checking out I realized one of my friends had accidents taken a room key home with them and I called front desk and thankfully was not charged an extra free. I was also just charged $20 for checking out late. Not bad at all. Kaitlin you are beautiful and amazing. Love your bubbly personality. Josh is great too with his great room service and sense of humor. I will definitely be returning whenever I come to the Orlando area. This hotel is A+++++++++

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Thanks for such a great review! We are so pleased to learn that our staff sincerely provided you with incredible service. This is one of our top priorities as a resort, and it means so much to us when guests recognize that. We are also glad to learn that you found your suite to have everything you needed. We are so glad that you plan to stay with us again when you return to the Orlando area. Please don't hesitate to contact us if we can assist in setting up your reservation.