My husband and I wanted a romantic weekend away and chose The Point at the last minute. We arrived and were given a great rate for a 1 bedroom suite. We took our luggage to the room, the suite had an S after the room number, it was adjacent to H, and found our spacious suite with a beautiful view of the pool area well appointed and equipped. After resting a few minutes, we went out for dinner When we returned and were entering our suite, the "house man" was with another guest, moving his luggage into our suite. That guest had been in our suite and had been drinking. I was horrified. Was he in our bed?, did he go through our things. The man was intoxicated and who knew what he had done. I called the front desk, the desk clerk was apologetic and said she would assign us a suite with our own entrance. She would send security with a key instead of making us go to the front desk. We waited about 10 minutes in the room that smelled of beer. Security came and she was great. Very apologetic and helpful. Our new suite was also clean and well appointed. The difference was that we had a view of the drainage pond and parking lot next door. This am I asked if we could check out later than 11 as the laundry I put in the dryer before 10 was not dry. I was told 10 or 15 minutes max because they needed to get the room cleaned. We left on time not wanting to inconvenience the,. The gentleman at check out did adjust our bill, charging us a lesser rate for our first night and asked if I wanted to dry the clothes but by that time they were loaded into our car. Even though the place is lovely and we have stayed her before, I'm not sure if I will return. I shudder to think what I might have found if we had stayed out later that first night and no one could explain how someone else was in our suite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This full-service, all-suite, newly renovated luxury boutique hotel is quaintly tucked in the heart of Orlando on Universal Blvd, just minutes from International Drive and close to Universal Studios. The Point Orlando Resort provides a tranquil Florida experience that will have you feeling right at home. The Studio, 1 Bedroom Suites and 2 Bedroom Suites offer a variety of comfortable accommodations to suit your needs while enjoying resort-style amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your The Point Orlando Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Point Orlando Hotel Orlando
- The Point Hotel Orlando
- The Point Orlando Resort Florida