“Great space and facilities!!”

The Point Orlando Resort
Ranked #20 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Brasilia, DF
“Great space and facilities!!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I loved this resort very much. My family came down for my son's surprise birthday. I called ahead to have a special room for him and I found an extra amenity for my son with a hand written card to say happy birthday to him! He was blown away and so was I. The only complaint was at check out I asked for my final bill because I thought I was paid through for one more night and when I went to the front desk and spoke to Fabio? he never told me I was supposed to check out that day so it through off my expenses to pay for another night. I read good reviews on him so I was very disappointed when he didn't give me good service. He seemed like he was always too busy to talk to me or help me. I brought this up to the supervisor and she was very sincere and gave me a great rate to stay the extra night. I was so thankful I spoke to her because she made everything a lot better for us.
We will definetly be staying here again in the future. The rooms are great and its in a location that is away from all the traffic and noise of International drive!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Haping L, Guest Relations Manager at The Point Orlando Resort, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Lucia, we appreciate you for staying with us for your son’s birthday celebration! It is fantastic to hear that you loved our resort. Thank you for mentioning how much you enjoyed our great location. You are right, we are situated in a quieter part of Orlando while remaining within close proximity to several of Orlando’s popular attractions including the Universal Studios theme parks and Wet n Wild water park.

We would like to offer our sincere apologies for the misunderstanding in regards to your check-out date. However, we are pleased that we were able to resolve your concern immediately. We appreciate your feedback and we will be addressing your concern with our team. We are delighted to learn that you will stay with us again. We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,049)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This resort is amazing! It's very close to Universal Citywalk and the Universal Parks and the shuttle service over is great. The staff is very accommodating, and made our stay very comfortable. We enjoyed the pool and spa, and all the amenities.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Haping L, Guest Relations Manager at The Point Orlando Resort, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Nate, thank you for taking the time to write a review! It is great to hear that you enjoyed our shuttle service to the Universal Studios theme parks. We hope that you had a fun time visiting the parks. We are glad that our resort amenities along with our helpful team have contributed to a comfortable stay. We hope to welcome you back for another amazing stay!
Europe
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed at the Point Orlando for a week in May and the hotel was fantastic. Almost everything is as good as it can be, I know there is always room for improvement but I don't know how. If I am being picky, the Cabana bar lacks a bit of atmosphere and the breakfast while adequate is fairly basic. That being said the breakfast staff are really friendly - all the staff are but the breakfast staff are exceptional. The breakfast area isn't that large and their efficiency has to be applauded, keeping it prepared for new guests - all with a friendly smile.
The room we had was great, the pool and pool area are great, the staff are great. The car parking is great - can be a bit busy at times but never a long walk.

The General Manager, Jeff is exceptional! Spends a lot of his time walking around the hotel checking that everything is as it should be and if it isn't sorts it out right away. Stops to talk to guests frequently, checking that everything is OK for them - non-stop.

It's hard sometimes to compare hotels, some are good at one thing, some are good at another but overall, I think this is the best hotel I have ever stayed at! In fact hotel doesn't do it justice, I could easily have lived in my 'room', it was more of an apartment, the largest bathroom I have ever had - absolutely fantastic!

Room Tip: I only know about 1 room but I would recommend 5th floor or above, there are fireworks in some direc...
1 Thank Sadie2495
Sadie, we are so honored to be considered as the best hotel you have ever stayed at! We can’t express enough gratitude for your kind words to our team and General Manager. It is fulfilling to know that we have succeeded in providing you with the exceptional guest service that we have become known for. We are pleased that you enjoyed our spacious suites and it means a lot to us that you felt right at “home” during your one week stay with us. Thank you for choosing our resort and we hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us again in the future!
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

An excellent stay at a wonderful resort.
Very pleased with the rooms and the staff are so friendly. Being greeted on every arrival and seeing the manager walk round more than once every day and chat to the guests poolside is fantastic.
Reception staff very helpful with everything we asked about.
One thing I would recommend would be scales to weigh baggage before leaving for the airport.
Overall an excellent stay!

• Stayed May 2014
Haping L, Guest Relations Manager at The Point Orlando Resort, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
It is very rewarding that the excellent guest service you experienced from our team motivated you to write us such a fantastic review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed our beautiful suites. Please know that it was our pleasure to serve you throughout your stay with us. Thank you for the great tip in regards to the scale, we will be passing along your comments to our team. We sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!
Winterthur, Switzerland
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We enjoyed our stay here so much! In fact, it's proximity to Universal, the amenities of the resort as the reasonable prices compared to the Universal Resort hotels are a big plus of The Point Orlando.
We stayed in a clean, comfortable and spacious double king room including a kitchen at a higher floor with a great view of the surrounding neighborhood. Afar we even could see the pinnacles of Hogwarts castle at Universal! Another pleasant experience were the services offered by the resort as the very fast check-in procedure, of course the kind and courteous staff, the free shuttles to the parks, the poolside Cabana Bar and the breakfast at the Barista area with real tableware (no plastic, something we as European guests really appreciated!). Unfortunately we couldn't use the pool because our stay was too short.
It was our first visit to Orlando but whenever we return we would be happy to stay at The Point again!

Room Tip: If you like it more quiet, choose a room opposite to the pool area and at a higher floor. You will b...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Heinz, thank you for taking the time to write us such a fantastic review! It is nice to know that you enjoyed having two comfortable king beds in your suite along with the nice view from your window. Many of our guests also tell us that they love our Double King-Bedded Suite. It is wonderful to hear that you found our team to be friendly and helpful throughout your stay. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay so much that you will return to visit us again. Hopefully, you will have the opportunity to experience our lovely pool next time you return!
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great hotel. Love the pool and location.Good kitchen, with wash and dryer machines. Didn't use dish washer this time. lots of wine glasses and cups in the kitchen,
Mattress was a little soft.
Overall, we enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Haping L, Guest Relations Manager at The Point Orlando Resort, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Mark, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! It is great to know that you loved our lovely pool and ideal location. We are pleased that you enjoyed how well-equipped our suites are, with all of the dishes and drinking glasses you would need. We hope that the great experience we offered will motivate you to visit us again in the near future!
Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just had our 15th stay here. We love this resort so much! The pool is excellent for kids, is a great size. The accommodations are fantastic. We always get upgraded rooms which are nice, clean, and spacious. One bedroom, sleep couch, laundry, kitchen, and big bathroom. Centrally located to parks and tons of places to eat! Including their own cabana. Won't stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong here.
3 Thank Susan S
We really appreciate the excellent review, Susan! Thank you for taking the time to mention all the wonderful features we offer in our suites. There is nothing greater than knowing that you love our resort so much that you will not consider staying anywhere else. Thank you so much for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you soon!