We stayed at this property in early May 2014. There are lots of hotels to choose from in Orlando area. But surprisingly bargains are hard to find. The room rate was very good for the room. I believe the lower cost is due to minimal housekeeping based on the rate. The standard housekeeping consists of changing out towels, clearing trash and making beds. This worked fine for us. And you can get complete cleaning for a nominal fee. Housekeeping has until 6 p.m. each day, so often our room was not cleaned until very late in the day. This was definitely not ideal for us and my husband takes his shower about 3 or 4 p.m. and we could end up with out sufficient towels. We made our own beds in order to a room that was neat enough to live in.
The location is near Universal and the northern section of I-Drive. This is a very convenient location for both Universal Parks and SeaWorld (just a short drive on I-Drive). Not quite as convenient for Disney Parks. Very convenient to many restaurants in the I-Drive and Sandlake Road areas.
Breakfast can be added to your room charge for a reasonable charge. It is mainly continental but sufficient and very convenient. Rosa is very nice and helpful in the breakfast area.
There was a problem with the elevator the North tower during our stay. It was difficult to climb 3 flights of stairs. The people checking in were stuck with waiting for the repair (an hour or so?) because lugging bags up the stairs would be impossible.
Staff was very friendly and helpful. I would recommend for anyone who the location is workable with their plans.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This full-service, all-suite, newly renovated luxury boutique hotel is quaintly tucked in the heart of Orlando on Universal Blvd, just minutes from International Drive and close to Universal Studios. The Point Orlando Resort provides a tranquil Florida experience that will have you feeling right at home. The Studio, 1 Bedroom Suites and 2 Bedroom Suites offer a variety of comfortable accommodations to suit your needs while enjoying resort-style amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Point Orlando Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Point Orlando Hotel Orlando
- The Point Hotel Orlando
- The Point Orlando Resort Florida