“Good Value and Good Location”

The Point Orlando Resort
Ranked #19 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed at this property in early May 2014. There are lots of hotels to choose from in Orlando area. But surprisingly bargains are hard to find. The room rate was very good for the room. I believe the lower cost is due to minimal housekeeping based on the rate. The standard housekeeping consists of changing out towels, clearing trash and making beds. This worked fine for us. And you can get complete cleaning for a nominal fee. Housekeeping has until 6 p.m. each day, so often our room was not cleaned until very late in the day. This was definitely not ideal for us and my husband takes his shower about 3 or 4 p.m. and we could end up with out sufficient towels. We made our own beds in order to a room that was neat enough to live in.
The location is near Universal and the northern section of I-Drive. This is a very convenient location for both Universal Parks and SeaWorld (just a short drive on I-Drive). Not quite as convenient for Disney Parks. Very convenient to many restaurants in the I-Drive and Sandlake Road areas.
Breakfast can be added to your room charge for a reasonable charge. It is mainly continental but sufficient and very convenient. Rosa is very nice and helpful in the breakfast area.
There was a problem with the elevator the North tower during our stay. It was difficult to climb 3 flights of stairs. The people checking in were stuck with waiting for the repair (an hour or so?) because lugging bags up the stairs would be impossible.
Staff was very friendly and helpful. I would recommend for anyone who the location is workable with their plans.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Haping L, Guest Relations Manager at The Point Orlando Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience. It means a lot to us that you chose to stay with us because of the tremendous value we offered. We are glad that you enjoyed the tasty breakfast items served fresh every day by our lobby Barista. Thank you for sharing how friendly and helpful you found our team to be throughout your stay. Please know that it was our pleasure to assist you in any way that we could.

We would like to offer our sincere apologies that the timing of our housekeeping service was not convenient to you. Please know that we take our guests feedback extremely seriously and we will be addressing your concerns with our team. We also apologize for the lack of elevator service in your building during your stay. As a part of our efforts to provide our guests with the best experience possible, the elevator in one of our buildings was being serviced. However, we are pleased to report that this has now been completed. Thank you for recommending us and we hope that the amazing value you received will encourage you to book with us again!

There are newer reviews for The Point Orlando Resort

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We recently spent a week in the Pointe Orlando resort and had a very pleasant trip. We had a few minor issues initially which were quickly resolved and the front desk staff were very helpful and accommodating.

Pros:
- The complimentary shuttle service to the Parks (Seaworld, Universal and Epcot) is excellent, it’s well organised and very convenient.
- Staff are friendly and helpful, as mentioned in other reviews the manager Jeff was very welcoming and took time to speak to guests each day.
- Room was spacious and well equipped with everything you could need in the kitchenette
- Pool area was nice, clean and relaxing – good music playing and is nicely lit at night
- I’m quite a light sleeper and am glad to say I had great nights sleep during our whole stay
- Good range of TV channels

Cons:
- Breakfast choice was fairly limited and got a little repetitive after a week, also the breakfast area itself is very small and while staff do an excellent job clearing tables quickly I imagine at peak times you may have to wait to get a table
- The resort fee – I really dislike resort fees in general (I wish they’d just add it to the room rate up front - it’s not like its an optional extra!) While I knew we would have to pay it before I booked when you add tax it does push the nightly rate of the room up by quite a bit – given this fee I would have expected a full room clean every day, and replacement coffee in the room, not just the daily “room freshen” that’s included (full room maid service is extra)
- I believe the hotel would really benefit from having a full onsite restaurant – perhaps they don’t have the all year round demand for it as they do serve food by the pool side bar – but I imagine if it’s a windy or rainy day it would pretty much rule the outdoor dining option out. If they had an indoor restaurant it would be very convenient to drop into after a hard day walking around the parks….as it was we ate out on idrive every night

General info:
- We encountered a little confusion with some taxi drivers as to the hotel location (possibly they got confused with the Pointe Orlando shopping complex which is nowhere near the hotel, just something to be mindful of!!)
- the hotel is about half a mile from idrive but does feel just slightly off the beaten track for walking to/from at night time so we stuck with taxis late in the evening which are around $10 each way to near by idrive resturants. – on the plus side it is within walking distance of a walgreens so you can easily stock up on supplies!

Overall despite a few small niggles I would be happy to recommend this hotel and would be happy to return in future!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

We greatly appreciate you for taking the time to share your thoughts with the TripAdvisor community. We are very pleased that you had great nights sleep throughout your one week stay with us. It is terrific to hear that our suites were well-equipped with everything you would need during your vacation. We are glad that you were able to spend some quality time by our lovely pool while relaxing to our music. We appreciate you for commenting on how welcomed you felt by our team and General Manager. Here at The Point, we care about the stay of each and every one of our guests and we are thankful that you chose to stay with us.

Thank you for sharing your feedback in regards to the breakfast selections, resort fee, and on-site restaurants. Your comments are very valuable to us as we use this feedback to make the necessary changes and improvements to our resort. Please know that we will be passing your comments along to our team. We do have a daily resort fee that provides parking, internet access, shuttle service to theme parks, in-room coffee service, fitness center, local and toll-free phone access as well as daily housekeeping refresh service to all our guests. We would like to apologize that our housekeeping service was not up to your preferences. Please note that the daily housekeeping refresh includes making the beds, emptying garbage, and replacing towels. We also offer a complimentary full cleaning for every seven nights that our guests stay with us.

We are delighted to learn that you will return to stay with us again. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next holiday to Orlando!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

My boyfriend and I visited The Point for the second time and it was as amazing of an experience as the first time around. We arrived super early but that wasn't an issue. Our one bedroom grand suite was ready for us on the 11th floor with a beautiful view of the pool! The rooms are large and clean and the staff couldn't be better. Universal Studios is near our hotel which was extremely convenient. We visited Disney and it was only a short 15 minute drive. The food in the outside cabana was really delicious and we highly recommend it. According to my bf, the toilet water kept running but I didn't hear anything! We highly recommend this hotel and we will definitely be back!

1  Thank Lorena81392

Lorena, thank you for making us a part of your Orlando getaway! It is a pleasure to hear that your second stay was as amazing as your first one. We are glad that you enjoyed our spacious and comfortable suites along with the beautiful pool view from your suite. Thank you for recommending our Cabana Bar & Grill to other guests, we are glad that you enjoyed the delicious menu selections we offered. We hope that you had the chance to try our popular items such as our Turkey Club Wrap and Chicken Wings as well. It is such an honor to be your preferred choice of accommodations in Orlando. We look forward to serving you and your boyfriend for your third stay with us!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I loved this resort very much. My family came down for my son's surprise birthday. I called ahead to have a special room for him and I found an extra amenity for my son with a hand written card to say happy birthday to him! He was blown away and so was I. The only complaint was at check out I asked for my final bill because I thought I was paid through for one more night and when I went to the front desk and spoke to Fabio? he never told me I was supposed to check out that day so it through off my expenses to pay for another night. I read good reviews on him so I was very disappointed when he didn't give me good service. He seemed like he was always too busy to talk to me or help me. I brought this up to the supervisor and she was very sincere and gave me a great rate to stay the extra night. I was so thankful I spoke to her because she made everything a lot better for us.
We will definetly be staying here again in the future. The rooms are great and its in a location that is away from all the traffic and noise of International drive!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Haping L, Guest Relations Manager at The Point Orlando Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Lucia, we appreciate you for staying with us for your son’s birthday celebration! It is fantastic to hear that you loved our resort. Thank you for mentioning how much you enjoyed our great location. You are right, we are situated in a quieter part of Orlando while remaining within close proximity to several of Orlando’s popular attractions including the Universal Studios theme parks and Wet n Wild water park.

We would like to offer our sincere apologies for the misunderstanding in regards to your check-out date. However, we are pleased that we were able to resolve your concern immediately. We appreciate your feedback and we will be addressing your concern with our team. We are delighted to learn that you will stay with us again. We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

This resort is amazing! It's very close to Universal Citywalk and the Universal Parks and the shuttle service over is great. The staff is very accommodating, and made our stay very comfortable. We enjoyed the pool and spa, and all the amenities.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Nate, thank you for taking the time to write a review! It is great to hear that you enjoyed our shuttle service to the Universal Studios theme parks. We hope that you had a fun time visiting the parks. We are glad that our resort amenities along with our helpful team have contributed to a comfortable stay. We hope to welcome you back for another amazing stay!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed at the Point Orlando for a week in May and the hotel was fantastic. Almost everything is as good as it can be, I know there is always room for improvement but I don't know how. If I am being picky, the Cabana bar lacks a bit of atmosphere and the breakfast while adequate is fairly basic. That being said the breakfast staff are really friendly - all the staff are but the breakfast staff are exceptional. The breakfast area isn't that large and their efficiency has to be applauded, keeping it prepared for new guests - all with a friendly smile.
The room we had was great, the pool and pool area are great, the staff are great. The car parking is great - can be a bit busy at times but never a long walk.

The General Manager, Jeff is exceptional! Spends a lot of his time walking around the hotel checking that everything is as it should be and if it isn't sorts it out right away. Stops to talk to guests frequently, checking that everything is OK for them - non-stop.

It's hard sometimes to compare hotels, some are good at one thing, some are good at another but overall, I think this is the best hotel I have ever stayed at! In fact hotel doesn't do it justice, I could easily have lived in my 'room', it was more of an apartment, the largest bathroom I have ever had - absolutely fantastic!

Room Tip: I only know about 1 room but I would recommend 5th floor or above, there are fireworks in some direc...
1  Thank Sadie2495

Sadie, we are so honored to be considered as the best hotel you have ever stayed at! We can’t express enough gratitude for your kind words to our team and General Manager. It is fulfilling to know that we have succeeded in providing you with the exceptional guest service that we have become known for. We are pleased that you enjoyed our spacious suites and it means a lot to us that you felt right at “home” during your one week stay with us. Thank you for choosing our resort and we hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us again in the future!

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

An excellent stay at a wonderful resort.
Very pleased with the rooms and the staff are so friendly. Being greeted on every arrival and seeing the manager walk round more than once every day and chat to the guests poolside is fantastic.
Reception staff very helpful with everything we asked about.
One thing I would recommend would be scales to weigh baggage before leaving for the airport.
Overall an excellent stay!

• Stayed: May 2014
Haping L, Guest Relations Manager at The Point Orlando Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

It is very rewarding that the excellent guest service you experienced from our team motivated you to write us such a fantastic review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed our beautiful suites. Please know that it was our pleasure to serve you throughout your stay with us. Thank you for the great tip in regards to the scale, we will be passing along your comments to our team. We sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!