“Look no further :)”

The Point Orlando Resort
Ranked #23 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
“Look no further :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

My review is long over due, my husband and I stayed here for ten days this past May, had a few days onsite at Disney first, then the rest of our stay was here, let me cut right to the chase, it's very clean! This is of the utmost importance to me when traveling, nothing feels more like home then being comfortable in a clean environment, well done to the staff! The hotel has an amazing pool, nice bar on site great to relax your legs after a long day of shopping, theme parking or to do a few laps :) The staff is absolutely fantastic, hands down they go above and beyond. I also noticed that a manager was very noticeable, for lack of a better way to say it, he was always around for a chat, to help with whatever was needed and it was really nice to have that extra connection with the staff. The hotel has a great shuttle service to Disney, Universal and Seaworld, it is on a I trolly route and it just hands down in a great location. Shuttle drivers were super nice as well. I think that covers everything, actually in comparision to a deluxe resort hotel we stayed in at Disney, The Point room was actually nicer! I think thats covers everything, stay here and oyu wont be disappointed, hopefully we'll get back to Florida some day to stay again.

Thanks!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sherri H
Haping L, Guest Relations Manager at The Point Orlando Resort, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Sherri, we would like to extend our gratitude for your nice review and recommendation! It is wonderful to know that you had a great ten day stay with us. Here at The Point Resort, providing a clean and comfortable environment to all of our guests are important priorities for us and it is very rewarding to be recognized for that. We are glad that you had a relaxing time lounging by our lovely pool after a long day of activities. Thank you for your fantastic comments regarding our excellent guest service. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to serve you and your husband and we also hope that you will have the chance to visit us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,035)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
sacramento
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed at the Point on our recent stay to Orlando to visit Universal Studios and Visit Harry Potter World. We stayed two three nights and found the room, staff and facilities nearly perfect. Our room was well maintained and super clean which is most important to me. Jessy at the front desk was simply amazing! She was customer focus, knowledgeable and extremely friendly. I appreciate here great service. Rosa in the dining room is another great staff member who made our morning breakfast fabulous. Thank you to both of you for your stand out service.

And yes, I would definitely stat at the Point when I return to Orlando. I highly recommend it. Thank you for a great stay!!!

1 Thank itsfuntotravel-2012
Thank you for sharing your fabulous experience with the TripAdvisor community! On behalf of our team, we hope that you had a fantastic time visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter attraction at the Universal Studios. We are happy that our elegant accommodations, excellent facilities, and superb guest service contributed to a nearly perfect three night stay. We would like to thank you for taking the time to compliment the team members who made your stay so wonderful. Your kind words regarding our exceptional service are very meaningful to us. We truly appreciate your recommendation and we can’t wait to serve you again upon your return to Orlando!
Papillion, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Our family of 4 stayed at The Point for 5 nights last week. We had the one bedroom suite with pullout sofa. We are extremely pleased with the experience we had at the resort. When we got to our room the first night, the light bulb was out in the bathroom and we didn’t have linens so I called the front desk. They were there within 15 minutes to change the light bulb and with the linens. The first bulb didn’t work and he immediately returned with another bulb. The front desk staff was amazing and helped me out by printing out tickets to Universal and even checked us in for our flight and printed our boarding passes. I was pleasantly surprised to have cleaning services every day. The staff at the Cabana Bar and Grill were very friendly and the food was great. The shuttle service was always on time a couple of times. Since we were worn out before the 7:15 pickup, we took a taxi back for $10.00 with the tip. I would definitely stay at The Point again and recommend it to all my friends and family.

3 Thank BGG5713
Haping L, Guest Relations Manager at The Point Orlando Resort, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
We are delighted to hear that you were extremely pleased with your stay at The Point Resort! Thank you so much for sharing your pleasant experience on TripAdvisor following your stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed our one-bedroom suites along with the superb service you experienced from our team. We do apologize for the light bulb and linens, however we are happy that these were taken care of immediately. We also appreciate you mentioning how much you enjoyed the fresh and tasty food served by the Cabana Bar & Grill. It is so rewarding to know that our elegant suites and excellent guest service has contributed to your decision to stay with us again. We are already looking forward to serving you again for your next family vacation to Orlando!
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed here for two weeks end of July early August. The check was very good upgraded to a bigger suite at a good price. Had a few problems with the keys to the bedrooms which was swiftly sorted by Fabio. Had breakfast a few mornings, the food was very good especially the bacon and eggs! Used the gym and pool daily which were both excellent. The pool area was very relaxing both day and night. The manager Jeff always had time to ask us how we were enjoying the point. A special thanks to Tim the maintenance man who was always on hand if anyone needed him. Justin was another member of staff always ready for a friendly chat. Brianne sorted our travel mix with Mears going home which was a big help, and lastly and most deservedly a BIG BIG thank you to Josh who made our stay perfect with his friendly banter and wonderful personality with all our family. Will definitely be returning next year!!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view on a high floor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jimmy B
Jimmy, it was our pleasure to serve you throughout your two week stay at The Point Resort! It is nice to hear that you enjoyed exercising at our fitness center and that you had a relaxing time by our lovely pool area. Thank you for sharing how much you enjoyed the bacon and eggs served every morning at the breakfast buffet by the Barista as well. We really appreciate you mentioning the team members who made your stay so memorable. On behalf of our team, thank you for your recognition and it means a lot to us that you will visit us again next year. For your next stay, please don’t forget that we offer a best rate guarantee. Please feel free to contact our Reservations Department at pointreservations@phmemail.com to learn more about this as well as our other promotions. We look forward to your return!
Naples, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed here Sunday night, August 10th. I booked and paid for the one bedroom suite online and in advance. I booked this hotel mainly because of the positive reviews on this site. I'm not sure why it got such favorable reviews because that's not the experience I had. The hotel itself was nicely decorated. I go into the suite and the first thing I notice is stains all over the carpet and markings on the walls. Not a very good impression. I go into the bedroom and the bed looks more than a little lived in. I don't know the lifespan of mattresses in a hotel room, but the life of that mattress expired long ago. There were light bulbs out in the bathroom and the clock was not properly set. The kitchen was nice and came fully equipped, with the exception of a working ice maker. Since the ice maker wasn't working, someone was kind enough to leave a broken ice tray in the freezer with a few cubes left inside. The next morning I go downstairs and see the breakfast buffet. I'm hungry so I decide to eat. The lovely cashier told me it was $12.00 per person for the buffet, for what most hotels offer complimentary. Dehydrated scrambled eggs, something else they passed off as belgium waffles, bacon, grits, fruit cocktail, and bagels and dry cereals. The orange juice was seriously watered down and the eggs were pasty and runny. Do yourself a favor and go out to breakfast somewhere else. After checking out, I thought the terrible experience was behind me. Not so. This morning I checked my credit card and there was a charge for $12.38 on it. It's not a lot, but I had paid for my breakfast upfront, so I didn't know what it could be. I called the hotel and it turns out the free Wi-Fi they advertise is not free at all. This hotel isn't all bad but it's not being properly maintained. I will not go back.

6 Thank angie2769
Haping L, Guest Relations Manager at The Point Orlando Resort, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Angie, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts in regards to your recent stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed the fully-equipped kitchen featured in our one-and two-bedroom suites as well as the elegant décor of our resort. However, we truly regret to hear that your experience did not live up to the excellent reputation that we have earned on TripAdvisor. On behalf of our team, we deeply apologize for the situations you described in your suite. We would like to assure you that your experience is very unusual and does not reflect our high standards. Here at The Point Resort, we take great pride in providing a pleasant stay to all of our guests and, as you mentioned with your research of our resort, majority of our guests have expressed that they enjoyed their stay with us. We would like to share that we do have a daily resort fee that provides parking, internet access, shuttle service to theme parks, in-room coffee service, fitness center, local and toll-free phone access as well as daily housekeeping refresh service to all of our guests. We are sorry that you were not aware of the resort fee. We try our best to inform our guests of the resort fee as this information is stated on our website as well as on all of the online booking sites. We also apologize that the breakfast was not to your preferences. We value your feedback and please know that our team is currently attempting to reach out to you so that we can further discuss your stay. We appreciate you staying with us and we really hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you the great experience that we are known to provide to our guests.
uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Got back last week after staying for two weeks at the Point Orlando resort, had a good stay, staff where very friendly and helpful, pool area was nice and stayed open to 11pm allowing you to rest around the pool after a busy day at the parks. Very close to Universal however you would have to be very fit to walk in the Florida sun to Universal. We had a double king, there where two adults and a 12 year old who refuses to sleep on a sofa bed hence the double king, otherwise we would have had a suite. Be aware that your room door opens into a "porch" which then has two doors, one to your room and one to your neighbours, on arrival home late one night our first door had been left open, I initially thought it was the maid and reported it to the front desk but thinking about it it could have been the neighbours, please make sure you pull the door shut. Plenty of parking and I can't see why some people park on the grass other then they are too lazy to walk a bit further. My only issue with this stay was the housekeeping, it is just a freshen up where the rubbish is taken, the beds are made and the towels changed but their where occasions when the rubbish wasn't taken, we only had one towel left on one occasion and on another the bed was made with the top sheet still crumpled in a heap at the bottom of the bed, we are not the sort to complain so didn't but on check out the staff did want to know when this had happened so they could try and rectify it. Did not use the grill or breakfast facilities.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank mutleydoggy
Haping L, Guest Relations Manager at The Point Orlando Resort, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor following your stay with us. We are glad your family enjoyed staying in our Double King-Bedded Rooms. It is also lovely to hear that you enjoyed relaxing by our beautiful pool after a busy day at the parks. Thank you for sharing how friendly and helpful you found our team to be throughout your two week visit. On the other hand, we sincerely apologize for the situations you described with the housekeeping service. We would like you to know that your experience is unusual and does not represent our typical service standards. Here at The Point Resort, we encourage our guests to let us know of their concerns as we are committed in providing a great stay for all of our guests. We really value your feedback and please know that we have addressed your concerns with our Housekeeping team. We appreciate you staying with us and we hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again for your next holiday to Orlando.
massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed here with my family for 2 nights and couldn't be happier.Nice and modern all suite hotel with a beautiful pool area .Very close to all attractions ,dining etc. The suites have everything you will need from full refrigerator to a dishwasher and laundry .They even provide the laundry detergent. Will definitely stay here on our next visit to Orlando. Wish we could have stayed longer. The general manager, Jeff Swirsky, was very nice and interested in all guests having the best experience possible!

Room Tip: We had a balcony that overlooked a parking lot.This was fine,but would ask for pool view next time
3 Thank debgras
Haping L, Guest Relations Manager at The Point Orlando Resort, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at The Point Resort so much that you wished you could have stayed longer! We are glad that our beautiful suites offered you everything you needed during your visit. Here at The Point Resort, we do strive to provide the best experience possible for all our guests and it so great to be recognized for that. We are thrilled that your pleasant experience has encouraged you to stay with us again for your next visit to Orlando! We look forward to welcoming you back for a longer stay.